VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

barely, I don't mind the video game violence, however though, I've grown to hate it because of idiots like Thompson. I mean, who the fuck are you thompson? Because of violent video games, gamers have been given a tarnished reputation because of idiots like thompson, and I don't appreciate that. Thompson isn't going away, so best go the alternative, reduce violence.

So then what's wrong with GTA?

The Jack Thompson mentality would be that GTA and other fps would cause school shootings and violence. Isn't that what you said a few pages back, that GTA would be blamed for things like that? It's already happened, and it hasn't stopped it yet. In fact, every new GTA game has outsold the last.

So can you tell me how a game that, so far, has gotten all perfect scores in reviews will be the worst game of the series?

I'd like to hear your reason why the GTA series has been bad (at least since 3 came out) and why GTA 4 will be the worst. Especially since it's been called the best game ever.

Edited by Scrubs

I was a huge Rockstar fanboy, I even liked "The Warriors", but they really let me down with Manhunt 2. That game was just an absolute turd.

Question to all you wii owners, is this pretty much a dead year for wii? I ask because it's obvious nintendo makes the best games for this console. Now that we have mario kart coming out next week in America, is that pretty much the last A-list game until nintendo updates another classic like Donkey Kong, Pilot Wings,etc?

Warriors was classic on Ps2. I haven't got Bully yet for 360.

Kane & Lynch is one of my favorites on 360, it's like a big action movie, with amazing online game where you heist banks.

I was a huge Rockstar fanboy, I even liked "The Warriors", but they really let me down with Manhunt 2. That game was just an absolute turd.

Question to all you wii owners, is this pretty much a dead year for wii? I ask because it's obvious nintendo makes the best games for this console. Now that we have mario kart coming out next week in America, is that pretty much the last A-list game until nintendo updates another classic like Donkey Kong, Pilot Wings,etc?

Kane & Lynch is one of my favorites on 360, it's like a big action movie, with amazing online game where you heist banks.

Yeah man I'm still playing The Warriors... :P

I need to get the 360 but I'm waiting for microsoft to release a version that's more reliable. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a microwave.

Eee. Just came back and read all about GTA4 leaking.

Anybody watched the gameplay vids? It looks fairly cool. There's only short ones so far but give it a few hours and there'll probably be loads. I'm going to avoid spoilers but I think it's stupid Rockstar hasn't released gameplay footage yet so I'm going to watch a shitload of that.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Eee. Just came back and read all about GTA4 leaking.

Anybody watched the gameplay vids? It looks fairly cool. There's only short ones so far but give it a few hours and there'll probably be loads. I'm going to avoid spoilers but I think it's stupid Rockstar hasn't released gameplay footage yet so I'm going to watch a shitload of that.

I thought people were saying it was fake or somethin of the sort?

Er. It's on every Warez site for download, 1000s of people are playing it.

If you don't believe that many people then: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/206837.html

Plus Game are sending out their copies to people tomorrow:

Microsoft and Rockstar tracking Gamertags before April 29

Rockstar sent out an email this evening to all those in the UK scheduled to receive their copies of GTA IV this week, asking them to provide information on which platform they’d prefer to play on and their online IDs. The email’s published in full below:

Hi there,

The good news is we are planning to send out your copy of GTA IV tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd April, to be with you first thing on Thursday 24th, so the wait is almost over.

In order for us to do that, could you:

- Let us know which format you would prefer to receive the game on?

- Let us know your Gamertag, if the answer to the above is Xbox 360 or your PSN On Line ID if the answer is PS3.

Why we need to know.

Xbox 360 Version

We need your Gamertag because Microsoft will be helping Rockstar Games monitor access to the online modes up to release date. Because of this, we will need to add your Gamertag to the approved list of gamers who can play online prior to release. In addition to supplying this information, if you do intend to go online before April 29th, you will need to change a couple of the basic settings on your Xbox 360 and keep these settings like this till the game comes out, otherwise other people will be able to see your achievements list for GTA IV (even if you are playing another game) and we’d like to keep that information back for the fans. You will have to switch your profile to private and appear off line. We have attached a document that explains exactly how you do this just in case.

PS3 Version

There are no privacy settings that can be set on the PS3 but we will still be tracking who is going on line so again it will make it easier for us to identify you as a genuine user if we have your ID.

Thanks and enjoy the game!

As the mail says, a document was attached which details how to change Xbox 360’s privacy settings for every Gamertag to be used to play the game online before April 29. We’re not going to publish it for obvious reasons.

So, if you’re working in Game in Hartlepool and you fancy a quick waz on that copy you nicked last night, you’re likely to get the internet police all over your ass if you try it while you’re connected to Live. You’ve been warned.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
So then what's wrong with GTA?

The Jack Thompson mentality would be that GTA and other fps would cause school shootings and violence. Isn't that what you said a few pages back, that GTA would be blamed for things like that? It's already happened, and it hasn't stopped it yet. In fact, every new GTA game has outsold the last.

So can you tell me how a game that, so far, has gotten all perfect scores in reviews will be the worst game of the series?

I'd like to hear your reason why the GTA series has been bad (at least since 3 came out) and why GTA 4 will be the worst. Especially since it's been called the best game ever.

Sir, no matter what at this point in time, we will be having somebody in the white house who buys into the jack thompson bullshit. Hillary is the worst of the 3, then obama, then the lesser of the demons is McCain.

Jack Thompson as of currently is winning more ground than he ever has in the past, and GTAIV will just help him out. Alot of people don't seem to get this, they think because he's so hated by the gamer population, that he's losing. The opposite is in fact true. Politicians are listening to him now, tv is still listening to him, the average joe blow believes him as well.

I think it's best we don't give him more material, and as per usual Rockstar are doing it on purpose to rock the cage. That's my biggest problem with rockstar, they know what they are doing.

As for why the 3d GTA's are bad simply because it became generic as all fuck. I mean what are you going to gain in GTAIV that wasn't in GTA san andreas? being drunk? congratulations. It's a sheep game, it's 1 of those games that's "cool" to play. The game has no actual merit, but everyone is too blinded to see it. "free roaming!!!1" It's been done before, it's not the first game to do this, far from it.

No this has nothing to do with me hating popular games, cause again, that's not true. If a popular game is good, I'll like it. Just so happens a majority of popular games are shit.

ridin' I never said I don't believe you, I had just remembered hearing that the footage might be fake. Cool if it isn't?

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

"free roaming!!!1" It's been done before, it's not the first game to do this, far from it.

Ooo really? What games have free roaming that are any way as good as the GTA's? I'm not being an ass, I actually want to know. I'd rather it not be some shitty 2D game either...you know, rather something good.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
"free roaming!!!1" It's been done before, it's not the first game to do this, far from it.

Ooo really? What games have free roaming that are any way as good as the GTA's? I'm not being an ass, I actually want to know. I'd rather it not be some shitty 2D game either...you know, rather something good.

Man, RPG's since the 80's have been free roaming. It's really nothing new. FUCK the original Zelda was free roaming.

Yeah man I'm still playing The Warriors... :P

I need to get the 360 but I'm waiting for microsoft to release a version that's more reliable. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a microwave.

Damn I finished that Game in 3 days. It was so good I was replaying levels. That game online - that's what I want for Christmas.

To be honest, they swap 360s if it breaks down. It took my friend literally 3 days to get his changed. He just put it in box and fed exed it. I wouldn't even worry about it, unless you play more than 8 hours at a time.

Mine got the "three rings of death" but I played Dead Rising 15 hours straight everyday. It was like 35 degrees in my room. I had it under my tv wrapped in a towel. My Ps2 burnout as well, I used to put it the freezer for 20 minutes just to get it to work for 1 hour. I shut it down with game discs in it, open the tray as its loading up...

360s a rocket ship. It's like a jet taking off.

I think they might have changed the faulty component in the Elites. I don't know.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

well that seems to have shut marky mark and the funky bunch up for a while.

Anyways, I recently really got into the Tales series, currently enjoying Tales of Symphonia to get ready for the release of it's sequel in september, anyone else enjoy the tales series?

Just Cause on 360 is "free roaming" but it's more action oriented than GTA - this is a fun game.

Dead Rising is almost "free roaming" but you trapped in a Mall with Zombies - this is a good game. Best game I played since GTA San An.

well that seems to have shut marky mark and the funky bunch up for a while.

Jesus christ man, just because I don't check the VIDEOGAME Thread every fucking half hour doesn't mean you "shut me up". I apologise for obviously not putting as much thought into my question as you would have in my place, I did not remember the vast amounts of "free roaming" games before GTA. You don't have to take your aggression out on me cause your panties are in a bunch that you're the only one that sees how cool and non-conformist it is not to like GTA.

Been playing GTA4 for a bit now.

Believe it or not, but this is the first time I've ever played a GTA game.

It's pretty sweet so far, the opening movie is cool and I already want to kill Cousin Roman. :lol: