VIDEOGAME Thread...

Playing through

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2

Prototype

I played Ghostbusters and its a really fun game however i dont think i am going to finish playing it (I returned it to my friend it's his anyway)

Pokemon Platinum

I'm playing ARMA 2 right now and while it's such a fucking good game in itself, it's let down once again by being extremely buggy and some dumb AI at times.

Have to wait again for more pathes to fix all the annoying bugs and occassional CTD problems.

You have the ability to call in an chopper to transport your guys about, it works in principle but sometimes the chopper will land about half a mile from where you requested pick up, or it wont land at all, just hover high up in the air over the landing zone. when you get your men on board, sometimes the chopper won't take off. It gets frustrating having to save the game before attempting to call in the chopper.

Sometimes, it'll just crash on it's way back to base. No more chopper support for you anymore, and also, if you tell the chopper to drop you off in a field or something but there is a building or tree in the way, it's no problem for mr pilot to crash into the building or crash into the tree instead of finding the nearest clear area to land.

I suspect these issues will be ironed out over time.

I was driving about in an APC and stumbled upon a small enemy camp, just some troops. Who, instead of geting the fuck out of dodge, they just lay on the ground and let me run them over.

But at another small camp, these guys did leg it into a forrest where I couldnt follow them. The AI is either good or awful.

You can also call in a wide variety of artillery support through the radio but sometimes, just for no reason, that option vanishes and it doesnt come back. Really annoying when youre about to attack a large group of men.

If you're familiar with flashpoint and Arma 1 then youll know about the constant radio chatter. It's fine enough, but not nice when youre chatting to a local who is giving you some info or telling a story to you for it to get spoken over by "UNKNOWN MAN, 6 O'CLOCK".

It's like, yeah thanks for that vital bit of info there. It's just lucky that all the speech is subtitled so you can at least read it, but once again it lets the game down.

There are other buggy flaws as well, too many to list, and it's rediculous that the same basic problems are appearing in Arma 2 that did in Arma 1 and even after most of them in Arma 1 had been fixed with patches.

if you can tolorate it though, youre in for a cracking game. I'm barely past mission 5 and still loving it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I finally beat Prototype, I'm confused as to some points of the story.
How is Cross the Supreme Hunter? Did I miss something?

Where is Greene's baby?

How is Alex not under the control of Greene?

Despite the confusion, the story line was pretty original, and the game is fucking amazing. I love sandbox games.

After you first beat the Supreme Hunter, you see it start to come back to life in the ending of the cut scene. The SH then consumed Cross at some point and led you on to try to trap you the whole way to the end.

Good question. Most likely there will be a sequel.

Alex was very infected, but he had control over his infection, much like Greene did, so she was not able to control him.

I enjoyed the game a lot too, but I haven't played it in a long time. I should pop it back in soon and start playing it again.

Where is Greene's baby?

Despite the confusion, the story line was pretty original, and the game is fucking amazing. I love sandbox games.

After you first beat the Supreme Hunter, you see it start to come back to life in the ending of the cut scene. The SH then consumed Cross at some point and led you on to try to trap you the whole way to the end.

Alex was very infected, but he had control over his infection, much like Greene did, so she was not able to control him.

I enjoyed the game a lot too, but I haven't played it in a long time. I should pop it back in soon and start playing it again.

Remember that cut-scene when you saw Cross and other military men through the eyes of an infected, and Cross took out his weapon to fight? The infected eyes you saw through was the Supreme Hunter. That's when Cross got consumed

Where is Greene's baby?

Remember that cut-scene when you saw Cross and other military men through the eyes of an infected, and Cross took out his weapon to fight? The infected eyes you saw through was the Supreme Hunter. That's when Cross got consumed

Did that take place before or after he began informing to Alex? I forget.

Before, iirc. So it was the Supreme Hunter that was manipulating Alex the whole time, not Cross.

Where is Greene's baby?

Did that take place before or after he began informing to Alex? I forget.

Before, iirc. So it was the Supreme Hunter that was manipulating Alex the whole time, not Cross.

Talking in spoiler tags is awesome. No one can see what we're saying unless they risk reading a spoiler. >_<

I've recently been playing Zelda twilight princess and super mario galaxy

I found Zelda abit boring and dull to be honest but dig mario galaxy :thumbsup:

Yep, I wasn't a huge fan of Twilight Princess. It was good in its own sense, but not really what I was hoping for. Now I hear that they may be ditching the sword with the next Zelda title for the Wii. That'd suck.

Love Mario Galaxy, anxiously awaiting the second one.

myds.jpg

HATERS KEEP HATIN

Needs more baby animals.

I've recently been playing Zelda twilight princess and super mario galaxy

I found Zelda abit boring and dull to be honest but dig mario galaxy :thumbsup:

Yep, I wasn't a huge fan of Twilight Princess. It was good in its own sense, but not really what I was hoping for. Now I hear that they may be ditching the sword with the next Zelda title for the Wii. That'd suck.

Love Mario Galaxy, anxiously awaiting the second one.

I'm a huge fan of the Zelda series, and I admit, even I found TP a tad boring. Still enjoyable nonetheless, though.

Wasn't that big a fan of Galaxy. Think it was grossly overrated.

Anyone here play TP on gamecube? I have a feeling its better on that than the Wii.

Been playing RE5 with one friend and its keeping us entertained. Recently got Okami, God of War, and Katamari Damacy.

Yeah I played TP on the GC and thought it was absolutely fantastic and probably my favorite Zelda game aside from Ocarina Of Time. However I do think if I had played it with the Wii controls my opinion may differ

I'm not a fan of Rock Band, I'm more of a Guitar Hero guy (even though I haven't played in ages since my instruments crapped out on me), but I'm thinking about getting the Beatles version of Rock Band. I'll even more highly consider it if they plan on releasing DLC for it.

If I do get it, I'll most likely go for the expensive set with the cool ass instruments.

instruments.jpg

If these instruments don't work for Guitar Hero, I might reconsider it though. I'll have to do more research unless someone can confirm that the RB instruments work for GH as well.