VIDEOGAME Thread...

I really want to play Red Faction. I thorougly enjoyed the first two, especially the miners who'd burst in with a heroic cry of "Red Faction!" only to be promptly taken out. That and the most hilarious character introduction of all time. "Hello Parker, you don't know me but my name is Hendrix and I want to help you." All spoken as practcially one word. :D

I like inFamous, best superhero game since the Spidey titles on the PS1 but it can just be so...bloody...frustrating!

Liked the story about the controller. I wonder what anyone else has broken in a fit of game-induced rage?

Depends if you want to play co-op with people. If so, yes. But if you just want to play single player, don't bother.

Sheva is practically useless in single-player. My brother doesn't have a kind word for her.

Depends if you want to play co-op with people. If so, yes. But if you just want to play single player, don't bother.

Sheva is practically useless in single-player. My brother doesn't have a kind word for her.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING!? GET OVER HERE AND HELP ME!

STOP STEALING MY AMMO

WHY DID YOU USE THAT GREEN HERB!? I WAS SAVING IT! JESUS CHRIST!!

Yeah, I raged quite a lot with her. Granted, she saved my ass a few times, but that doesn't make up for all the times I wanted to smash my controller in half because of her.

STOP STEALING MY AMMO

Yeah, I raged quite a lot with her. Granted, she saved my ass a few times, but that doesn't make up for all the times I wanted to smash my controller in half because of her.

Resident Evil Zero Punctuation Review

Sums up everything you thought if you watch it :P

STOP STEALING MY AMMO

Resident Evil Zero Punctuation Review

Sums up everything you thought if you watch it :P

:rofl-lol:

Best part: JC Denton via David Bowie.

did nobody see Bungies announcement?

New halo on the way bitch, its called Halo: Reach, its a prequel to Halo:CE.

Due out fall 2010

Also, gameplay footage of Halo3: ODST looked fantastic.

Due out September 22 2009

Also, a Halo: Reach multiplayer beta will come out along with ODST.

Sweeet!

Halo 3 is easily my favourite game on any console.

No multiplayer even comes close.

Take a look and tell me what you think.

Apparently ODST plays very similar to Halo: Combat Evolved which is cool...

I am looking forward to Halo: Reach but not overly so, I want to see what they do with it first before I make my mind up and how they switch up the multiplayer.

Personally I am looking forward to Left 4 Dead 2, Crackdown 2 and Alan Wake alot more then Halo: Reach

Well from what I've seen they have done exactly that in ODST by actually going to the effort of making it an open world FPS with more linear sections in the flashbacks.

But as for Halo: Reach if it is a FPS which I assume it will be, they will really need to do something different to make it work right rather then just being a shit load of Spartans on the ground. I'm talking new UI, new gameplay, different weapons and a much much changed multiplayer system as I personally thought Halo 2's multiplayer was better than 3

I am looking forward to Halo: Reach but not overly so, I want to see what they do with it first before I make my mind up and how they switch up the multiplayer.

Well from what I've seen they have done exactly that in ODST by actually going to the effort of making it an open world FPS with more linear sections in the flashbacks.

But as for Halo: Reach if it is a FPS which I assume it will be, they will really need to do something different to make it work right rather then just being a shit load of Spartans on the ground. I'm talking new UI, new gameplay, different weapons and a much much changed multiplayer system as I personally thought Halo 2's multiplayer was better than 3

Im looking forward to ODST, it also has a firefight mode which is the same as GOW's Horde, or WAWs zombie campaign.

Looks fucking fantastic if im being honest.

Maybe Bungie will concentrate on the single-player campaign this time, instead of it seeming an afterthought to the multi-player.

I think Halo will always be about the multiplayer, its the most competitive game amongst Pros, There is hundreds of thousands in prize money in MLG for halo, and way more watch it compared to GOW mlg or COD mlg.

But already on the bungie forums, people are coming up with hundreds of theorys about reach and all these stupid ideas of what they want in the game.

Il deff be picking both up anyways.

3 new MP maps for halo3 along with ODST aswell :D

Im looking forward to ODST, it also has a firefight mode which is the same as GOW's Horde, or WAWs zombie campaign.

Maybe Bungie will concentrate on the single-player campaign this time, instead of it seeming an afterthought to the multi-player.

I think Halo will always be about the multiplayer, its the most competitive game amongst Pros, There is hundreds of thousands in prize money in MLG for halo, and way more watch it compared to GOW mlg or COD mlg.

But already on the bungie forums, people are coming up with hundreds of theorys about reach and all these stupid ideas of what they want in the game.

Shame really, it has a universe it could spend ages exploring.

Well in ODST you have the whole city on New Mombasa, which is huge.

And its free roaming.

is anyone else sick of betas? they are usually just for publicity. for example nearly every game which had a beta(which is meant to sort out the teething problems with servers etc.) still had problems upon release and nearly all of them needed a patch or patches within weeks of release. does anybody remember when warhawk first came out? that was a joke!

they're hard to get into and then it gives some people an unfair advantage of being used to the game when it finally is released. i wish they'd just skip the betas and release the games a month earlier seeing as they usually don't learn from them

is anyone else sick of betas? they are usually just for publicity. for example nearly every game which had a beta(which is meant to sort out the teething problems with servers etc.) still had problems upon release and nearly all of them needed a patch or patches within weeks of release. does anybody remember when warhawk first came out? that was a joke!

they're hard to get into and then it gives some people an unfair advantage of being used to the game when it finally is released. i wish they'd just skip the betas and release the games a month earlier seeing as they usually don't learn from them

True but they also use betas to sort out stuff like weapon balance issues on maps, to see if the games run properly how they are supposed to. At the end of the day companies have betas internally to test the same things so all an external one does is it gives the fans a chance to experience it which is cool i guess

And its free roaming.

I meant there are hundreds of stories they could tell. For instance, how about a game from the perspective of an elite during Halo: CE

Edited by ADPT

And its free roaming.

I meant there are hundreds of stories they could tell. For instance, how about a game from the perspective of an elite during the Halo: CE

Well thats the thing, they did an Elite in Halo 2 and got criticised for it and then when the Arbiter took a backseat in 3 they also got criticsed. Seems like they can't win but I would be interested in an Elite game, maybe Halo: Reach could be like Halo 2 in that you play as Spartans but also Elites