VIDEOGAME Thread...

I thought that was an alright presentation...

Much better than Nintendo but they lacked a real big killer announcement, the motion control thing was alright but it was like a Wiimote on steroids but still looks interesting...

GOW looked good as did MAG but the most shocking announcement was FF14 Online

Agreed. Although, the new Metroid, New Super Smash Bros, SMG2, Kingdom Hearts for Wii, new Super Mario RPG and Golden Sun DS are all amazing announcements. If they added a new Zelda (NOT Spirit Tracks. A real Zelda.), a new Kirby game, Sin & Punishment 2 demo, Mother 3 for DS, if Miyamoto was ACTUALLY THERE, a new Kid Icarus, and a NEW FUCKING STAR FOX, this would officially be the greatest E3 ever. But no, Ninty had to buttfuck us with this Wii Motion Plus bullshit. Honestly, who cares?

A new Smash Bros? What? When? :o

Should have been Super Mario Bros I believe as one for the Wii was announced

My bad. Yeah, I meant Super Mario Bros. Personally, I'd prefer SMB over SSB. Brawl is enough to keep my content for more years.

I was very doubtful it would have been an exclusive in the first place due to the connections with Sony just like how GTA will never be an Xbox exclusive and it does make alot of sense aswell. More consoles its on = more money they can earn which is why Crysis 2 is on PC 360 and PS3 as the first game is only making a slight profit.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Guest knerken

It is also not being directed by Hideo Kojima, he will be directing MGS: Peace Walker for PSP.

Kojima will direct both. With that in mind, I think MGS: Rising won't be out until late 2010...

As Hideo won't give us any info about the game I've been studying the Rising poster and teaser for clues:

They have changed the original standard slogan "Tactical Espionage Action" into "Lightning Bolt Action", which gives me a feeling that this is less sneaking and more braindead shoot'em up. I don't like the idea, but I hope my prediction is wrong.

However, at the end of the teaser shown at the MS conference, they made a pun on the 360 slogan, turning "Jump In" into "Sneak In" which clearly gives me more hope for a real stealth-game.

The game-series is called Metal Gear SOLID because SOLID Snake is an important character in all of the games. Raiden may be the main protaginst in MGS:Rising, but I don't think we have seen the last of good old Snake yet!

On Raiden's forehead on the poster we can clearly see some kind of barcode underneath his bandana. Does this mean we are dealing with a Raiden clone here? I know that the clone-barcode is used in the Hitman series and never in MGS, but it still brings some questions.

And the most obvious feature in the poster and teaser is Raiden's metal-suit (metal gear?) and gigantic metal-jaw, with teeth and everything. Also we see two bolts on his forehead. The suit and jaw makes Raiden look some human-cyborg hybrid.. Mayde Raiden is experimented on, maybe this is new technology created by FoxHound to develop a new type of super soldier, similar to the clone experiments on Big Boss? This is perhaps the reason for the barcode?

Maybe Raiden becomes superfast in this suit, hence the slogan "Lighting Bolt Action"?

This is what I'm speculating in so far. Hideo Kojima is being very mysterious about this. It is a bit annoying, but I also think it is fun to study the small piece of information he gives.

Edited by knerken

Guest knerken

Hmm, what's the difference between producing and directing a game?

This does not mean that MGS:Rising won't have the cinematic feel, story and progression Kojima created in the earlier games?

Hmm, what's the difference between producing and directing a game?

This does not mean that MGS:Rising won't have the cinematic feel, story and progression Kojima created in the earlier games?

Producer makes alot of the decisions towards the setting and feel of the game where as the director articulates what the producer himself wants in the game. The producer has alot more input in the game then the director but at the end of the day Kojima is involved and he wont let anything he wont like be put into the game as MGS is his baby.

Guest knerken

Sounds good, I can't wait for this game! :)

I just remembered that I have only played the first three games in the series, as I don't have a PS3. Sorry if some of the questions I asked in my earlier post were answered in MGS4.