VIDEOGAME Thread...

I don't understand what's so bad about the first mission?

I was mistaken and it wasnt the first mission but if you watched the video which I assumed you did I find it hard to understand how you could see nothing wrong with what is shown during it?

I do see what's wrong with it, but I don't see the fuss about it and having the option of skipping it. The game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Modern Warfare. MODERN WARFARE. The game is about modern warfare, where occurrences such as the airport mission are somewhat frequent (obviously not as exaggerated as the mission had it, but the point still stands). Things like this are happening all the time around the world, sometimes even worse. So, what help would it do to censor a little mission in a video game? It's the equivalent of plugging your ears and screaming "LALALALALALA, IF I DON'T SEE IT, IT'S NOT REAL!".

Yes, obviously gunning down innocent people (even in a video game) can be shocking, but it's not exactly something new. Hell, if anything, maybe this will open people eyes more to what happens in places outside of your comfortable couch in the basement.

You do make a very good point but think about it this way. If they made Call Of Duty: The Holocaust where you go around committing genocide that would be a huge deal as that really happened in real life.

I like you don't really think it is that huge a deal but think that some people will have a problem with it so as a result I think it is a good idea they have given the option of skipping it if you desire.

You did make a very good point though. I think there would certainly be more fuss if Activision were forced to remove it from the game but they have met people halfway by giving an option to skip which I have no problem with and also the fact you yourself as the character do not have to kill any civillians.

There's a huge difference between gunning down civilians in an airport and what the Holocaust did. It's all about how tastefully a developer can pull something off in a game. In the first mission (or whichever mission it was), you just gun down people, no more, no less. It doesn't go any level higher, such as torture, or involving children, etc. In which case, I wouldn't be surprised that many people would be offended.

I dunno, I just thought some people overreacted to this mission. It's so tame, especially compared to what some movies do these days. But yeah, it was a good idea to make the mission optional. Good play on their part. I'm just ranting about people in general that want to over-censor video games.

I don't understand what's so bad about the first mission?

I was mistaken and it wasnt the first mission but if you watched the video which I assumed you did I find it hard to understand how you could see nothing wrong with what is shown during it?

I do see what's wrong with it, but I don't see the fuss about it and having the option of skipping it. The game is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Modern Warfare. MODERN WARFARE. The game is about modern warfare, where occurrences such as the airport mission are somewhat frequent (obviously not as exaggerated as the mission had it, but the point still stands). Things like this are happening all the time around the world, sometimes even worse. So, what help would it do to censor a little mission in a video game? It's the equivalent of plugging your ears and screaming "LALALALALALA, IF I DON'T SEE IT, IT'S NOT REAL!".

Yes, obviously gunning down innocent people (even in a video game) can be shocking, but it's not exactly something new. Hell, if anything, maybe this will open people eyes more to what happens in places outside of your comfortable couch in the basement.

You do make a very good point but think about it this way. If they made Call Of Duty: The Holocaust where you go around committing genocide that would be a huge deal as that really happened in real life.

I like you don't really think it is that huge a deal but think that some people will have a problem with it so as a result I think it is a good idea they have given the option of skipping it if you desire.

You did make a very good point though. I think there would certainly be more fuss if Activision were forced to remove it from the game but they have met people halfway by giving an option to skip which I have no problem with and also the fact you yourself as the character do not have to kill any civillians.

There's a huge difference between gunning down civilians in an airport and what the Holocaust did. It's all about how tastefully a developer can pull something off in a game. In the first mission (or whichever mission it was), you just gun down people, no more, no less. It doesn't go any level higher, such as torture, or involving children, etc. In which case, I wouldn't be surprised that many people would be offended.

I dunno, I just thought some people overreacted to this mission. It's so tame, especially compared to what some movies do these days. But yeah, it was a good idea to make the mission optional. Good play on their part. I'm just ranting about people in general that want to over-censor video games.

I totally get that but the thing is movies do show much worse things yes but you are not in control of the actions of the film where as in MW2 you are in control of the character and can choose to gun down as many or as few people as possible. I definately agree about over-censoring though. You watch a zombie film and the stuff they show and get a R rating or an 18 and then hear about how games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising have content cut as the rating board think it is too extreme when it is much tamer than in films >.<

I reserved COD 6 but not really sure if i wanna pay the last 55 for it. is it really, REALLY worth it?

COD6 is not out yet and wont be for another year. This is COD: Modern Warfare 2.

I know what you mean though. I think it will be worth it as I play online alot with friends so that swings it for me. If you don't play online alot I would just rent if for the weekend or something and get it after if you want to or return it.

I reserved COD 6 but not really sure if i wanna pay the last 55 for it. is it really, REALLY worth it?

COD6 is not out yet and wont be for another year. This is COD: Modern Warfare 2.

I know what you mean though. I think it will be worth it as I play online alot with friends so that swings it for me. If you don't play online alot I would just rent if for the weekend or something and get it after if you want to or return it.

You keep telling me this, but its still cod 6 <3

Yeah i might as well get it, if all my friends are going to play, at least its one game where i will have more than 2 friends to play with.

Oh my god, the multiplayer looks like complete shit. There's even less skill involved in it than there was in COD4. The killstreak rewards are a joke... and there's perks like extra health if you keep dying over and over and shit. Even like... dual p90 weilding? Wtf?

One big old spamfest with no skill required. They even took leaning out of the PC version. I'm sure the SP will be fun, but all the attempts to close the skill gap in MP have meant that a dude picking up the game for the first time will be no worse at it than someone playing for 6 months. ZZZZ

HV is right. the online is too easy, the new menus suck, and they took some of the crappy aspects from COD5 such as not being able to play search and destroy until you reach level 13 or something. you now get 4 perks?

now i have to play team death match until i reach level 13. team death match has no challenge at all, the respawns occur too fast so its just luck. why change the format from COD4? it obviously worked!

the "terrorist" mission was pretty intense though. it really did have a cool feel to it. creepy too

also the ps3 version has a 15mb patch

HV is right. the online is too easy, the new menus suck, and they took some of the crappy aspects from COD5 such as not being able to play search and destroy until you reach level 13 or something. you now get 4 perks?

now i have to play team death match until i reach level 13. team death match has no challenge at all, the respawns occur too fast so its just luck. why change the format from COD4? it obviously worked!

the "terrorist" mission was pretty intense though. it really did have a cool feel to it. creepy too

also the ps3 version has a 15mb patch

Wasnt that in COD4 aswell. You were limited to the modes you could play initially.

You're horrible at sarcasm.

I was actually being completely serious. I used to play COD2/4 online on one of the ladders in Aus. I'm sure what they've done is fine for Xbox, but by removing the console, lean and dedicated server support, they've really hampered what the PC version could be.

PC gaming has a real "community" aspect to it (you play the same few pub servers and get to know people/join a team, scrim, etc)... Introducing IWNet pretty much killed that off completely for the COD series.

Ah, I see. I guess it was just the "obnoxious" way you posted it that made me think you were being sarcastic.

Lol, take it as "frustration" more than anything else. I was really looking forward to that game and it's just disappointing to see another promising title turn out to just be another console port. Only shooter I'm really looking forward to for PC now is Bad Company 2....

Ah, I see. I guess it was just the "obnoxious" way you posted it that made me think you were being sarcastic.

Lol, take it as "frustration" more than anything else. I was really looking forward to that game and it's just disappointing to see another promising title turn out to just be another console port. Only shooter I'm really looking forward to for PC now is Bad Company 2....

I agree tbh, also other things like lack of admin controls and lean, I mean, why get rid of lean? That's just weird.

I agree tbh, also other things like lack of admin controls and lean, I mean, why get rid of lean? That's just weird.

next thing you know they will take out keyboard and mouse support

Guest floyd the barber

My friends are obsessed with COD, some of them bought it at midnight.

I really liked COD 4, but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase the new one. The online play is too difficult for me and I am not sure that the campaign will keep my interest. I am just not that big of a fan of shooting games. They're too difficult for me, and the whole aspect of shooting people for hours kind of gets boring after awhile. I did manage to play the whole COD 4 campaign but I feel like the new game will be recycled from the first one.

I do not play my XBOX 360 that much anymore. I only have three games on the Wii and I play that more.