Epiphone Les Paul Standard Honey Burst - Signed by Slash - Geffen Promo 1991

mav22erick

Hello,

I'm new here and for good reason. Like most of you, I am interested in knowing when CD will finally be released. I remember buying the Illusions on cassette and cd on Tuesday, September 16, 1991. I was a sophomore in high school then, but the albums made GNR my favorite band. So much so, I gave a 40 minute speech in my senior AP English course on the Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged triliogy. I only saw GNR live once, though it was one of the most memorable concerts I've ever witnessed. I travelled from PA to New Mexico in the summer of '92 to see GNR and Metallica. Not being too familiar with all of the personalities on the site, I provide the background so people don't think I haven't had an interest in the band from back when it was GNR.

I am close to purchasing an engagement ring but want to do something to make the ring more personal, more special. I want to sell some of my closest personal belongings, one from each of my loves (i.e. GNR, guitar, Dallas Cowboys, etc) such that part of "me" went into the purchase of the ring. Some may say this is hokey, sure, but I only plan to buy one diamond ring, and I want to make it as special as possible.

So, I am posting this for multiple reasons. I have something I want to part with, but I want it to go to a diehard GNR fan who will appreciate it for the rare item it is. In 1991, Geffen Records gave away (at least one, I'm not sure how many) Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Honey Burst (Slash's finish of choice back then), that Slash autographed on the pickguard. I have a letter from Geffen Records on their letterhead from June 24, 1991 stating "To Whom it May Concern: This letter is to certify that the enclosed Les Paul Guitar was autographed by Slash of Guns N' Roses." The letter is signed by Peter Napolietto, Geffen Records.

I could sell this on eBay, which I may resort to, but I'd prefer to come to the GNR faithful, to see if I can assure this will go to someone who will hold it for as long as I have. I purchased it from a friend of mine in 1994.

The guitar is in good / very good condition. It has been played, but never in bars or clubs. I played for my enjoyment in my bedroom and eventual apartment, so it was taken care of, and always stored in the hardshell case it came in. While I played it, the pick guard was removed and stored safely away. Now that the time has come to part with it, the pick guard has been placed back on the guitar.

To be very honest, I have no idea of the worth of the guitar. I have a value in mind I am looking for, but again, I am using 100% of the proceeds of this sale to fund an engagement ring. If you are interested in the guitar, please send me an email - mav22erick@yahoo.com. I will respond to each email within one day. Please ask any questions you would like. I will send pictures in email, if you would like. Please make any offers within the email. Thank you for your time in reading this.

brian

i would totally want it.......

but theres only one problem...

i only have 17$$, and about 70 gnr bootlegs and shit load of gnr t-shirts.

how much is the engagement ring cost, maybe i can get enough money.

you should post some pictures of the guitar

Edited by GNRfan001

Hello,

I'm new here and for good reason. Like most of you, I am interested in knowing when CD will finally be released. I remember buying the Illusions on cassette and cd on Tuesday, September 16, 1991. I was a sophomore in high school then, but the albums made GNR my favorite band. So much so, I gave a 40 minute speech in my senior AP English course on the Don't Cry, November Rain, Estranged triliogy. I only saw GNR live once, though it was one of the most memorable concerts I've ever witnessed. I travelled from PA to New Mexico in the summer of '92 to see GNR and Metallica. Not being too familiar with all of the personalities on the site, I provide the background so people don't think I haven't had an interest in the band from back when it was GNR.

I am close to purchasing an engagement ring but want to do something to make the ring more personal, more special. I want to sell some of my closest personal belongings, one from each of my loves (i.e. GNR, guitar, Dallas Cowboys, etc) such that part of "me" went into the purchase of the ring. Some may say this is hokey, sure, but I only plan to buy one diamond ring, and I want to make it as special as possible.

So, I am posting this for multiple reasons. I have something I want to part with, but I want it to go to a diehard GNR fan who will appreciate it for the rare item it is. In 1991, Geffen Records gave away (at least one, I'm not sure how many) Epiphone Les Paul Standard, Honey Burst (Slash's finish of choice back then), that Slash autographed on the pickguard. I have a letter from Geffen Records on their letterhead from June 24, 1991 stating "To Whom it May Concern: This letter is to certify that the enclosed Les Paul Guitar was autographed by Slash of Guns N' Roses." The letter is signed by Peter Napolietto, Geffen Records.

I could sell this on eBay, which I may resort to, but I'd prefer to come to the GNR faithful, to see if I can assure this will go to someone who will hold it for as long as I have. I purchased it from a friend of mine in 1994.

The guitar is in good / very good condition. It has been played, but never in bars or clubs. I played for my enjoyment in my bedroom and eventual apartment, so it was taken care of, and always stored in the hardshell case it came in. While I played it, the pick guard was removed and stored safely away. Now that the time has come to part with it, the pick guard has been placed back on the guitar.

To be very honest, I have no idea of the worth of the guitar. I have a value in mind I am looking for, but again, I am using 100% of the proceeds of this sale to fund an engagement ring. If you are interested in the guitar, please send me an email - mav22erick@yahoo.com. I will respond to each email within one day. Please ask any questions you would like. I will send pictures in email, if you would like. Please make any offers within the email. Thank you for your time in reading this.

brian

I am deffinetley interested in this, but to be honest i dnt hav any money :(

Hello,

brian

I am deffinetley interested in this, but to be honest i dnt hav any money :(

I'm winning yay.........you have 0$ i ahve 17$

these offers are ridiculous. Do you guys know what a fuckin guitar is? What youare offering is worth mayeb the slash signed pickguard and that's it.

I agree stop making those ridiculous offers. The Les Paul alone is worth couple thousands..

these offers are ridiculous. Do you guys know what a fuckin guitar is? What youare offering is worth mayeb the slash signed pickguard and that's it.

I agree stop making those ridiculous offers. The Les Paul alone is worth couple thousands..

nah its ony an eppiphone

nah its ony an eppiphone

Second hand epiphone, but provided the year. $1200 tops here in australia

nah its ony an eppiphone

Whops well could have read better :tongue2: But still doesn't fall far from a grand..

pictures forthcoming, provided I can I upload them properly. I may need to ask for help.

The asking price is $750. If two people want to battle it out, so be it, but I'm not looking to play anyone against another. If I did, I would have gone to eBay. Really, I want this to go to a GNR fan. If only one person wants it, that makes it easy. I think what I'm trying to do is a chinese auction. If two people send me emails stating they want it. I will respond to the first person and offer it up. If funding is not sent, #2 in line will have already been told they are #2, and will be asked if he/she still wants it, after #1 has had enough time to send funds. Hopefully, this sounds fair. If someone else has a better idea, let me know. Thanks for all for the interest.

pictures forthcoming, provided I can I upload them properly. I may need to ask for help.

The asking price is $750. If two people want to battle it out, so be it, but I'm not looking to play anyone against another. If I did, I would have gone to eBay. Really, I want this to go to a GNR fan. If only one person wants it, that makes it easy. I think what I'm trying to do is a chinese auction. If two people send me emails stating they want it. I will respond to the first person and offer it up. If funding is not sent, #2 in line will have already been told they are #2, and will be asked if he/she still wants it, after #1 has had enough time to send funds. Hopefully, this sounds fair. If someone else has a better idea, let me know. Thanks for all for the interest.

if you need help with those pictures, you knwo the email address

OK, I'm having trouble uploading the photos to this post, but I do have them online on ofoto.com. Send me an email and I will send you an invite to the photo album. My email is mav22erick@yahoo.com

The only disclosure I have is I need to pick up a toggle switch to put on the guitar. Anyone with a LP knows it's very common for them to break. It's a $2 item that will be on the guitar when shipped.