ASIAN Democracy Tour 2007 * SOLD OUT *

hbkhbk

This news would be so much cooler if the damn album was released!(or confirmed).

Can't get excited about this, sorry. *sigh*

You might think Im an idiot, but that's plain ignorance. Any good GNR news from all over the globe should be welcomed by us all.

No I don't think you're an idiot.

Why am I being ignorant? I'm expressing an opinion.

Listen, all I'm saying is that this type of news was really exciting in 2002 and 2006 when we thought that the release date was imminent - Now, in 2007, after Axl was aiming at 6th March release date or to confirm a date if it went beyond 6th March (**waves furiously at calander**) this news is great for the people of Asia going to a concert. For me, its cool but the disappointed of no confirmation of the album takes the shine off it. Thats all...

I'm with you on this Subs. It's about time that the band give us some positive news about the album release instead of another cash grab tour. We have gone trough this several times before with the same ending.

You guys are sooooo right! Same opinion here!!!

Axl W. Rose - April 2007: "I think you knoooow what time it is............same time, different cash grab tour, all around the world...........we're gonna do this 4 times.........Europe sang 1....then USA sang 1......now Asia sings 1......then Australia sings 1..........and I think you knoooow the words...........knock knock knocking on a cash grab tour...yeaaah, yeaaah, yeeeaheaaayeayeah.........let's make this one reach my accountant!!!!........Thank you, good fucking night!!!!"

^

Gold.

So true...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it have some shine and as a fan I´m really happy for the band.. But of course it would shine even more if the album was released. That would almost be hysterical!!

Great news! And if we think positive, I think the band wan´t to release the album even more when things turns out right like in this case. Now they really feel the heat and hot times is good times to release it.

Positive thinking?? Ok, they do a tour in Asia, South-Africa, Australia and New-Zealand. That's realy fine for the fans who live their. But what is going to happen when this tour is over? Another letter from Axl full of false promises? We the fans are supporting them for many years now and it's time that they keep their word and give something back to the fans.

Exactly! I'm happy for those fans on those other continents that didn't get to see the show yet. But other than that, and keeping in mind that March 6th went by without the promised notice......it's the same story as always since the old members left back in 1996: "Do you know where the fuck you are?.......You're at the cash grab tour baby.....wake up......it's time to payyyyyy!"

Axl W. Rose - April 2007: "I think you knoooow what time it is............same time, different cash grab tour, all around the world...........we're gonna do this 4 times.........Europe sang 1....then USA sang 1......now Asia sings 1......then Australia sings 1..........and I think you knoooow the words...........knock knock knocking on a cash grab tour...yeaaah, yeaaah, yeeeaheaaayeayeah.........let's make this one reach my accountant!!!!........Thank you, good fucking night!!!!"

:laugh: I was reading that and thinking "This rings a bell!". Was waiting for the Tracy and Roberta comment :P

EDIT: Quoted wrong person :unsure:

Monty

Edited by BLSMonty

:laugh: I was reading that and thinking "This rings a bell!". Was waiting for the Tracy and Roberta comment :P

Monty

Hahaha, indeed, I forgot about Tracy and Roberta:

"And we've got Tracy and Roberta over here to help collect your money."

How can I make this my sig? (At least untill CD is released)

Edited by Roy79

1) It's a great news. This album will have big sales I guess.

2) Thanks to YOUTUBE. I tell you, YOUTUBE is a great promotional tool. and it's FREE PROMOTION for the band. I bet tons of people decided to buy a ticket for the GN'R shows after watching some 2006 European and US Tour bootlegs on YOUTUBE.

To tell you the truth, that's what I did last year. I watched the Hammerstein bootlegs on Youtube, I though it was great, and when the band announced the Paris show I bough my ticket.

Like it or hate it Axl, but YOUTUBE is saving your career!!! This is the truth man.

Welcome to the modern erea :rolleyes:

Edited by rockstar81

Listen, all I'm saying is that this type of news was really exciting in 2002 and 2006 when we thought that the release date was imminent - Now, in 2007, after Axl was aiming at 6th March release date or to confirm a date if it went beyond 6th March (**waves furiously at calander**) this news is great for the people of Asia going to a concert. For me, its cool but the disappointed of no confirmation of the album takes the shine off it. Thats all...

Spot on, Subs.

so here we go again

don`t get me wrong, i would buy a ticket if these guys were in my hometown.

With or without new album.

But only for nostalic reasons because i don`t see this album released in 10 years.

May after Axl`s death the may releases the ultimate album Box a 10 cd box with all takes from the recording session of this album.

Edited by Dust_in_the_wind

Spot on, Subs.

I feel exactly the same. I'm really happy for people that will see the band live. I would go back if they'd be closer. But I'm not really excited. I'm really happy that they are sold out but with no news, no update and no words from the man or the band, there's no reason to be really excited for me.

Again ...... Why not finish the damn US tour ....then go to Asia

Why stop the tour...claim it is to finish the damn album...blast the manager.. and then announce an Asian / Australian tour

Can only be 1 of 2 answers - 1) Album really is done and they're just touring while the promotion is getting ready , etc. or 2) Cash grab

Hoping for 1)

Praying for 1)

already prepared for myself for 2)

This news would be so much cooler if the damn album was released!(or confirmed).

You might think Im an idiot, but that's plain ignorance. Any good GNR news from all over the globe should be welcomed by us all.

yeah but still, don't you think it's amazing that your favorite band (?) manages to have an sold out tour even after no release date or anything, i know some people are gonna say like: that makes Axl just think that he doesn't need the album that much or something like that, just be happy for him... I was afraid they wouldn't sell shit without the album

yeah but still, don't you think it's amazing that your favorite band (?) manages to have an sold out tour even after no release date or anything,

No. It's been proven already that outside of the US, they can do this. I think a lot of bands probably could. The real test was trying to pull off a tour in the US without the album and obviously it just did'nt fly. They did great in some areas but failed to bring in crowds in others and hard a difficult time selling out small arenas. To me, that means they need this album released and need to start promoting it. This was the biggest band on the planet. To not be able to sell out a 10,000 seat arena somewhere in the US is dissapointing and only proves that they are missing something....wanna guess what that is?

yeah but still, don't you think it's amazing that your favorite band (?) manages to have an sold out tour even after no release date or anything,

No. It's been proven already that outside of the US, they can do this. I think a lot of bands probably could. The real test was trying to pull off a tour in the US without the album and obviously it just did'nt fly. They did great in some areas but failed to bring in crowds in others and hard a difficult time selling out small arenas. To me, that means they need this album released and need to start promoting it. This was the biggest band on the planet. To not be able to sell out a 10,000 seat arena somewhere in the US is dissapointing and only proves that they are missing something....wanna guess what that is?

Agreed!

Its not surprising that they sold out 5 shows in Japan. They'll do well in Austraila/New Zealand too. GnR/Axl is still a huge name, and they haven't toured there in over a decade. I wonder where Axl will tour next? Will he go back to Europe and tour again without an album? Or will he go to South America?

Guest Matt13

Agreed. I don't care if they were selling out stadiums in my backyard. I'm tired of the BS.

I want the album.

Agreed. I don't care if they were selling out stadiums in my backyard. I'm tired of the BS.

I want the album.

I wont speak for everybody, but I really think 99.999% of GNR's current fanbase has had it with the BS and just wants the damn album out already. If Axl really wanted it out, it would happen. I dont know when this magical "right time" that Axl has built up in his head is gonna happen, but it better be ::gulp:: soon. Very soon.

Edited by sofine11