Guns vs Maiden...help me here

sweet guy

ask him how many albums maiden has sold (50 millions) then say how many GN'R as sold (90 millions) :D

Lol, Iron Maiden piss all over 'Guns N Roses'. GNR are a joke- Maiden have earnt themselves legendary status with 14 albums, and arent scared of failure.

Say what you like, Maiden deserve far more praise for consistently owning the metal industry, as opposed to just 3 albums of oirignal material for Guns (excluding Lies).

Dude looking at that maiden is nothing compared to GNR. GNR have sold more albums than maiden in way less the time. GNR also only have 3 albums according to you, and they still have outsold the shit out of maiden.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Maiden are good, but they've done many craps song too. Gnr has released 2 crapsongs (my world, oh my god).

To see maiden live is always special, they're really puting out a great show every time. GNR do that too, but they got less respect for their fans, coming 2-4 hours late to shows cancel shows because Axl is tired and shit.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

ask him how many albums maiden has sold (50 millions) then say how many GN'R as sold (90 millions) :D

Lol, Iron Maiden piss all over 'Guns N Roses'. GNR are a joke- Maiden have earnt themselves legendary status with 14 albums, and arent scared of failure.

Say what you like, Maiden deserve far more praise for consistently owning the metal industry, as opposed to just 3 albums of oirignal material for Guns (excluding Lies).

Dude looking at that maiden is nothing compared to GNR. GNR have sold more albums than maiden in way less the time. GNR also only have 3 albums according to you, and they still have outsold the shit out of maiden.

What the fuck does that matter? Have you for a second thought about the fact that Guns N' Roses have always been a lot more attractive commercially than Iron Maiden (starting with their lighter music)?

... Lol, Iron Maiden piss all over 'Guns N Roses'. GNR are a joke- Maiden have earnt themselves legendary status with 14 albums, and arent scared of failure.

If that's how you feel, why are you here?

Perhaps you haven't noticed yet - but we don't allow cupcakes here.

so we're not allowed on here if GNR aint our FAVOURITE band? maiden do piss on GNR.

i love em both but time to face reality. if maiden had been away for 15 years and come back theyd be bigger. theyre the quintessential english metal band of all time. its iron blooy maiden

Come on...we might as well bring back the "Who'd kick who's ass topics of yesteryear". Maiden never approached the pop appeal of GnR. GnR never sold out their sound, they just changed. It boils down to what you think of bands who change their sound. To me, it (changing sound) only works when a band is very talented. For some bands, it just sounds like they lose their umpf, but for GnR it works for me. It did with UYI, and it seems that it will with CD. Some bands, when they stick to their sound, do it well, like AC/DC, and some just come off as pathetic, like a band I won't name because I'll just start another argument. It boils down to talent, and GnR has it, which is why the new stuff sounds so good.

I like Maiden for what they are, but they're not GnR IMHO.

... Lol, Iron Maiden piss all over 'Guns N Roses'. GNR are a joke- Maiden have earnt themselves legendary status with 14 albums, and arent scared of failure.

If that's how you feel, why are you here?

Perhaps you haven't noticed yet - but we don't allow cupcakes here.

Woah- just hold on a second.

Just because im here doesnt mean i have to think GNR are perfect.

I feel Iron Maiden are in a different league.

I also still think GNR are ace.

For me,thats no problem...

For you obviously it is?

I'm open minded with music.

well said dude!

But is that always a good thing?

It's a far bigger gap between GNR's best and worst songs than Maidens best and worst.

I don't think so. I love Maiden (only with Dickinson) but in my opinion GN'R's worst song (Get In The Ring) is way better than Maiden's worst song (Can I play With Madness).

GN'R are in my opinion unbeatable. Maiden is one of my favourites, but it's not as amazing as GN'R.

i bruce's vocals are cheesy, it's only because of all the other people who imitated him for 20 years and made his style cliché. a same goes for a lot of their musical trademarks; the guitar solos harmonies, the galloping bass, the subtle synths in the early eighties, hell, they were one of the first bands to even play at speeds beyond 160bpm.

maiden are a metal band and guns i would class as hard rock. the latter tends to be more accessible, so it's understandable that gnr have sold more records. but in terms of importance within their respective fields, maiden stands head and shoulders above gnr. guns were standing on the shoulders of giants, borrowing from aerosmith, who had themselves been borrowing from the stones. other than sabbath and judas priest, what other huge metal band was there before maiden? and how much of a leap was maiden's music from them?

for me, it's got to be maiden.

Guns are good, but Iron Maiden owns them in almost every conceivable way.

Also, if anyone brings album sales into this argument, they're retarded. Album sales are irrelevant to say the least.

Edited by Zeppelin

It's a far bigger gap between GNR's best and worst songs than Maidens best and worst.

I don't think so. I love Maiden (only with Dickinson) but in my opinion GN'R's worst song (Get In The Ring) is way better than Maiden's worst song (Can I play With Madness).

GN'R are in my opinion unbeatable. Maiden is one of my favourites, but it's not as amazing as GN'R.

Can I play with madness worse than Get In The Ring?

Are you crazy?

Are you crazy?

You can'0t honestly think that Can I play with madness is a good song. Allready the part in the beginning makes me skip it.

Are you crazy?

You can'0t honestly think that Can I play with madness is a good song. Allready the part in the beginning makes me skip it.

It's a very popular song with their fans. The crowd goes nuts when they play it. And besides, no matter what anyone says, The Angel And The Gambler is worse.

Are you crazy?

It's a very popular song with their fans. The crowd goes nuts when they play it. And besides, no matter what anyone says, The Angel And The Gambler is worse.

Yes, but that's not a Dickinson song, and I only talked about songs with him.

yeah but Dickinson songs as a whole entity are simply not the worst Maiden's ever done.

Even in Dickinson era I'd say Holy Smoke or Bring Your Daughter are worse than Madness.

I love Holy Smoke, but I'm in the minority there. I definitely think that Weekend Warrior is the weakest Maiden track in the Dickinson-era.

yeah but Dickinson songs as a whole entity are simply not the worst Maiden's ever done.

Even in Dickinson era I'd say Holy Smoke or Bring Your Daughter are worse than Madness.

I love Holy Smoke, but I'm in the minority there. I definitely think that Weekend Warrior is the weakest Maiden track in the Dickinson-era.

chains of misery is my candidate for worst bruce song