WWW.GUNSNROSES.COM - New Official Website Online!

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes you wonder why they chose exactly that performance. It's bad.

maybe they picked a random one? but I really like it... but I would have thought they'd put a video of a new song too, maybe they took this one becouse Izzy's in it or I don't know really. I think they should put something that only they have, not something that has been on the internet for quite some time

EDIT: still really cool they actually update this site :P

Edited by Revolver

Whoever edited that video did such a crap job. I wonder if there's a reason why they showed members of the audience more than some members of the band. :question:

I disagree.

I think the crowd shots add energy and excitement to the vid - to give the viewer a "feel" for being there.

The only complaint about the crowd shots that I'd make is that they seemed to keep showing the same one or two girls in the crowd over and over and over again - to the point where you started to wonder if the guy holding the camera had some kind of stalker/obsession with these two girls. Usually in rock vids -- you don't see the same fan in the crowd over and over again. Other than that, I thought the vid was well done.

Whoever edited that video did such a crap job. I wonder if there's a reason why they showed members of the audience more than some members of the band. :question:

I disagree.

I think the crowd shots add energy and excitement to the vid - to give the viewer a "feel" for being there.

The only complaint about the crowd shots that I'd make is that they seemed to keep showing the same one or two girls in the crowd over and over and over again - to the point where you started to wonder if the guy holding the camera had some kind of stalker/obsession with these two girls. Usually in rock vids -- you don't see the same fan in the crowd over and over again. Other than that, I thought the vid was well done.

And i didnt like the way the camera never turned to the left of the stage.. where I was <_<

Edited by JDRM

seriously? you can't notice how reluctant they are to let the new band out there?

where are the pictures? where are the bios? why can't the new guys do interviews? why can't we see the new band in the website videos? they used the old band in european promos. none of the merch had a picture of the band on it... expecting changes?

hell, even the website calls the band "rock and roll allstars supporting Axl for this tour."

i can't believe you guys don't see the conspiracy. don't drink the water.

Yes,it's a bit strange in my opinion too.

I disagree.

Agreed.

Thought the mix was very good and showed the passion of the crowd! B)

Feeling the passion of the crowd is one thing, using them as the MAIN focus of the video in lieu of the "new" band whose members most casual fans don't even know is something else. This was their chance to introduce to anyone clicking on the website for the first time what this band looks like on stage, or actually to introduce the band period. Bad enough there are no photos of the members, as a band or individually, wiith bios, links to their own pages, etc.

Izzy got some camera time, though he's not even officially in the band, yet Dizzy and Pitman got zilch, and if you blink you miss Brain. We've all seen many videos that include crowd shots and you can sense their excitement and enthusiasm, but never at the expense of what is happening on the stage. Also the fact that they kept showing the same couple of skanks and bald dudes, out of how many thousands of people there, underlines what a crappy editing job was done.

btw, I thought the performance itself was good, I just think the vid. sucks. Hope the next one is better. :)

seriously? you can't notice how reluctant they are to let the new band out there?

where are the pictures? where are the bios? why can't the new guys do interviews? why can't we see the new band in the website videos? they used the old band in european promos. none of the merch had a picture of the band on it... expecting changes?

hell, even the website calls the band "rock and roll allstars supporting Axl for this tour."

i can't believe you guys don't see the conspiracy. don't drink the water.

Holy Christ, talk about over analysing :| And you seem to be basing most of that on the un-professional and obviously un-finished website..

Why cant they do interveiws..hmm..maybe because there not allowed to talk about pretty much anything GNR related? Which leaves the interviewer with questions about their past..which aint gunna happen! Sure some people may wanna hear about it, but the majority will want an interview with the members actually talking about GNR, not who they used to be with.

And you can see them on the website video..that video was the exact one that was on channel 4/Kerrang, and you think the GNR management decided how it would be mixed?

Edited by Coma.

HisRoyalFatness, though a cupcake and a half, actually has a point.

This bizzare promotional strategy of theirs plays right into a guy like his hands. He is getting more glee out of this then most of us. And since we are pretty rooting for a diametically opposite outcome then he is, that's troubling.

Why cant they do interveiws..hmm..maybe because there not allowed to talk about pretty much anything GNR related? Which leaves the interviewer with questions about their past..which aint gunna happen! Sure some people may wanna hear about it, but the majority will want an interview with the members actually talking about GNR, not who they used to be with.

Exactly, that isnt weird to you?

i guess rather than start a new thread about it, i'll just let you guys know that since the new site went live on friday (i guess it was friday?), it has gotten an average of 60 million hits PER DAY.

and who says nobody but us forum geeks know about GN'Rs return? rock3

i guess rather than start a new thread about it, i'll just let you guys know that since the new site went live on friday (i guess it was friday?), it has gotten an average of 60 million hits PER DAY.

it's just the same geeks who presses refresh every single minutes for an update :P

Where'd you get that information from?

Where'd you get that information from?

alexa web traffic