06/05/07 Mexico City, Mexico Discussion Thread

Montrealer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one good thing about this tour so far is that Axl's been able to sing My Michelle by himself without the Savage Animal. You Mexicans are lucky that you didn't have to listen to Baz butcher that song with his awful singing. Sorry Baz, I did however think you rocked it hard on the Trailer Park Boys the other night.

Edited by Randy Lahey

^^Was Guns N' Roses in Mexico in 2001, 2002 or 2006?
Who said they were? Next time, read the post. Here, I'll refresh your memory:
Doesnt anyone see that it makes alot more sense to tour the entire globe playing the songs that the world loved, and alot havent seen in many years, before you drop an album thats been so long in the making, or playing any new music. By doing this tour, Axl is surely adding alot of people to the list that will buy CD and will likely go see another tour once CD is released.
Last time I checked, Mexico wasn't the entire globe. My point still stands, whether ONE specific country(or a few others) were bypassed at a particular time.

Its the same excuses being used to justify this band propping itself up on the AFD cross while safely being in the shadow of a tophat.

Doesnt anyone see that it makes alot more sense to tour the entire globe playing the songs that the world loved, and alot havent seen in many years, before you drop an album thats been so long in the making, or playing any new music. By doing this tour, Axl is surely adding alot of people to the list that will buy CD and will likely go see another tour once CD is released.
This same argument was used in 2001. It was used in 2002. Then, what a shocker, it was used in 2006.

Now its being used in 2007.

And this argument still hold. Without an album this strategy is close to the optimal by now. It´s a totally differrent issue that there is now album yet. Complain about that istead of complaining about side effects that the non released album bring us. The source of the problem is not the setlist nor the tour.

Edited by shootingstar

the people bitching are probably ones who have already seen the band live. This is the first concert Guns n roses have done in years, same with Australia, and people want to hear the classics, I know I do.

I agree. I think if he comes back to North America and Europe with that same set list he's just retarded. I guess we'll see what happens there. But as for the countries who haven't seen them yet, I think the current set list makes sense.

yeah i think they would be fewer..

and in my opinion the setlist is ok as long as they don't go back to places they've been to last year with it..

Velvet Revolver use the "you wanted the best... well they didn't fuckin' make it" (at least they did it when they played in argentina).. does GNR still do it?

Edited by mfragola

Velvet Revolver use the "you wanted the best... well they didn't fuckin' make it" (at least they did it when they played in argentina).. does GNR still do it?

I think now it's : "You wanted the best...well, they broke up! So..here's what you get!"

Rumor is a studio/demo version of Rhiad was played on low volume long before the concert...

I'm sure that really happened... :rolleyes:

From what I've gathered, three different people claims this... Honestly, everything is possible GNR-land.

Edited by Demon Wolf

this band has to stop covering the old guns...

fucken no!!since they are guns n roses, they need to play guns n roses. I don't see these guuys play an entire gigs with no classics. fuck man, axl just wrote those songs, let him play what he wrote.

as much as I like new songs, I would be fucken pissed to see them play only new songs. I mean they are good, but no where close as old guns.. imo. if they would not play old stuff, that would be a wrong use of the guns n roses name.

this band has to stop covering the old guns...

fucken no!!since they are guns n roses, they need to play guns n roses.

Wrong. They aren't Guns N' Roses. They will never be Guns N' Roses. They cover the real disbanded Guns N' Roses. The band is really Axl and his group of hired musicians. They are good musicans too, which makes me wonder why they don't play any new songs at the concerts.