Anyone Else Excited For Eminem's New Record?

axl_on_drums

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have EVERYTHING by eminem up to date - of course ill check this out.

Miser - fuck off

Infinite, The Slim Shady EP, the shit with Rawkus? the shit from the rap olympics, all those diss tracks offa all the various mixtapes? :) (watch me get geeky here :lol:)

everything - and i could probably recite about half of all his work (i went into a really hardcore phase)

shit me too :rofl-lol:

haha i have a separate music folder just for him :P

his freestyles are incredible, i would never ever be able to compete

"haha-ha ha check it haha-ha-ha" - i think youre the only one thatll get that :P

"aiight look, i'ma tell you this for your own benefit" :rofl-lol:

• 2 weeks later...
In the rap/hip hop department at least. I've got high hopes for the indie scene as well.

Indie? nothing but shit has been coming from that genre for the past 3-4 years, you must have high hopes lol

Fleet Foxes

Merriweather Post Pavilion

The Stand-Ins

Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?

Orracular Spectacular

For Emma, Forever Ago

Cease to Begin

Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground

The last few years have been some of the best for indie, 2008 in particular.

In the rap/hip hop department at least. I've got high hopes for the indie scene as well.

i'm sure detox will be amazing--thanks mostly to the production and guest spots--but i really doubt relapse will be better than any of the other anticipated hip-hop albums of this year--namely, releases by mos def, lupe, clipse, the cool kids, lil' wayne, wale, and mf doom. em should just retire and stick to ghostwriting for his boys--his shtick is tired now. i'm surprised people still care.

and yeah, no idea what that guy is talking about with the indie shit.

Indie? nothing but shit has been coming from that genre for the past 3-4 years, you must have high hopes lol

Fleet Foxes

Merriweather Post Pavilion

The Stand-Ins

Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?

Orracular Spectacular

For Emma, Forever Ago

Cease to Begin

Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground

The last few years have been some of the best for indie, 2008 in particular.

Oh, I got a very different view on what indie is, MGMT , Fleet Foxes, I had no idea they were indie.

But if that list is indie, then yeah their are a lot of exciting things happening.

i'm sure detox will be amazing--thanks mostly to the production and guest spots--but i really doubt relapse will be better than any of the other anticipated hip-hop albums of this year--namely, releases by mos def, lupe, clipse, the cool kids, lil' wayne, wale, and mf doom. em should just retire and stick to ghostwriting for his boys--his shtick is tired now. i'm surprised people still care.

and yeah, no idea what that guy is talking about with the indie shit.

I don't have a lot of the background info on Relapse, but if it will be anything like Marshall Mathers LP, it will be an excellent album. The sheer fucking energy of that album is unbelievable. If it's more in the vein of Encore, however, I agree with you. Wayne's rock album will definitely be great, and Wale's album will, undoubtedly, be big.

Me. The rap game is coming back in 2009. Eminem's record is gonna bring the rap game back. Not to mention, Dre is supposed to release Detox this year too, after Relapse hits.

YEAAA MAN, BLACK FOLKS RULIN 2009, ENSLAVIN WHITEY! DOWN WITH UR WHITE PINK SKIN AN UP WID OUR BLACKNESS AND OUR BITCHEZ AND HOS AND NO TALENTZ!

What the fuck is up with you lately?

rap isn't music.

define music.

I notice you didn't get a reply. hehe. I don't suppose they want to go *there*.

But I'll disagree with you Stacks. I've always liked Eminem and I'll definitely hear this one out. I want him to succeed. I'm curious to see how he's going to get around all those lines he wrote in the past about 30-something year olds being too old and such. That would be interesting.

i'll say it once and i'll say it again, em is one of the best lyricist's alive right now, if not THE best. true hip-hop fans know that. i really don't see how you could compare wayne and lupe to em..... much less the clipse and the cool kids....

his album(s) this year will sell boat loads more than anyone you mentioned except for maybe wayne. but right now wayne is taking a turn for the worst as far as i'm concerned. making all these autotune bullshit songs and making a concept rock album.... sure, it might sell to the general public and make nice pop hits, but man, wayne just isn't the same anymore. i'm honestly tired of the bullshit he's been putting out, mixtapes and all.

Edited by Forsaken