Anyone Else Excited For Eminem's New Record?

axl_on_drums

i'll say it once and i'll say it again, em is one of the best lyricist's alive right now, if not THE best. true hip-hop fans know that. i really don't see how you could compare wayne and lupe to em..... much less the clipse and the cool kids....

i enjoy listening to wayne, lupe, clipse, and the cool kids. eminem is tired; the novelty of his gimmick has worn off. he had shock value. had. the power's gone out. and when he tries to break from that gimmick, it sounds like weird al ghostwrote his verses. but yeah, he'll sell like crazy--the hip-hop market is dominated by white consumers. tupac could come back, record an album, and he'd still sell less than em. talent has nothing to do with it, really.

his album(s) this year will sell boat loads more than anyone you mentioned except for maybe wayne. but right now wayne is taking a turn for the worst as far as i'm concerned. making all these autotune bullshit songs and making a concept rock album.... sure, it might sell to the general public and make nice pop hits, but man, wayne just isn't the same anymore. i'm honestly tired of the bullshit he's been putting out, mixtapes and all.

ded3 was weak--too much autotune and guest spots from nobodies--but the tracks from tha carter iii sessions compiled on the various drought is over mixtapes were fire, for the most part. pt2 is especially sick. and he's still being featured on countless remixes and still killing the whole track. he's at both his lyrical and creative peak right now.

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll say it once and i'll say it again, em is one of the best lyricist's alive right now, if not THE best. true hip-hop fans know that. i really don't see how you could compare wayne and lupe to em..... much less the clipse and the cool kids....

i enjoy listening to wayne, lupe, clipse, and the cool kids. eminem is tired; the novelty of his gimmick has worn off. he had shock value. had. the power's gone out. and when he tries to break from that gimmick, it sounds like weird al ghostwrote his verses. but yeah, he'll sell like crazy--the hip-hop market is dominated by white consumers. tupac could come back, record an album, and he'd still sell less than em. talent has nothing to do with it, really.

his album(s) this year will sell boat loads more than anyone you mentioned except for maybe wayne. but right now wayne is taking a turn for the worst as far as i'm concerned. making all these autotune bullshit songs and making a concept rock album.... sure, it might sell to the general public and make nice pop hits, but man, wayne just isn't the same anymore. i'm honestly tired of the bullshit he's been putting out, mixtapes and all.

ded3 was weak--too much autotune and guest spots from nobodies--but the tracks from tha carter iii sessions compiled on the various drought is over mixtapes were fire, for the most part. pt2 is especially sick. and he's still being featured on countless remixes and still killing the whole track. he's at both his lyrical and creative peak right now.

don't get me wrong man, i like wayne, i just think the shit he's doing now isn't what he should be doing. i miss the wayne before c3.

you really think em would outsell a new tupac album though? i dunno about that one, a new pac album would blow anything out of the water.

tupac could come back, record an album, and he'd still sell less than em..

Most rediculous thing ive read here in a long time. You talk about all the anticipated hiphop albums and you dont even mention raekwon. I don't know how you can call yourself a hiphop fan. You're a pop fan, at best.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Interesting. He's videos are usually entertaining. I will give it a look.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• 2 weeks later...
That song was pretty damn shitty.

This.

No, that song was fucking awesome. Eminem ftw.. Fuck all this wannabe gangster rap, Eminem = King of Rap.

No, I'm sorry. That song was brutal. I'm sure there will be better songs as Eminem usually puts out the shittiest song first.

Pretty cool album cover, though.

By the way, Em's second single 3am debuts on shade45 tomorrow, can't wait.

I don't think We Made You was a great choice for the first single, but I like his wordplay and delivery. Unlike most rap artists, he finds really bizarre and unique ways of manipulating his syllables. That "Charley-horse" line was amusing, in the sense of it being like a psychopathic serial killer giving you a noogie. He's got a great sense of humor..

Based on his track record, the second single is typically reserved for the more serious and compelling subject matter. This song in particular is likely about his drug addiction, considering the prescription bottle label on the album cover reads: "Take 1 tablet(s) one time(s) daily at 3am." Someone was very clever to include that..

Overall, I've read the album is quite dark and heavily influenced by his two relapses and more so, the murder of his best friend. It should be interesting to see how his story unfolds..

-Kickingthehabit