lady gaga

junkiejoethehobo

Guest deleted_19765

thats such a retarded thing to say, "you won't be listening to her in 20, 30, 40 years".

for starters , its not 20, 30, or 40 years later, its now.so who cares about what people think down the road.

shit, going to high school, you know how many people said fuck GNR, no one listens to them anymore.

if it weren't for their greatest hits, or them being on rock band or g hero, more then likly they would still be saying that. most anyway.

This is a great point. And I think history has proven that we almost never know what will be thought that many years later. In the landscape right now, however, Gaga is a singularity.

And to weigh in on the Bowie comparison. Of course she's nowhere close. But the only albums we have to compare are The Fame (I'm excluding her EP) and his self-titled debut. Obviously Bowie went a whole lot of other places in his career, and so can she.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, where have people's tastes gone?

Poker face, and that disco stick song are all I've really heard, and based off of those, I think she sucks. I would write better lyrics while sitting on the toilet in the morning.

do it man. then youll be rich too. cause its that easy.

thats such a retarded thing to say, "you won't be listening to her in 20, 30, 40 years".

for starters , its not 20, 30, or 40 years later, its now.so who cares about what people think down the road.

shit, going to high school, you know how many people said fuck GNR, no one listens to them anymore.

if it weren't for their greatest hits, or them being on rock band or g hero, more then likly they would still be saying that. most anyway.

Well it does make sense saying people won't be listening to her in a few years from now since she's being compared with Prince and Bowie whose songs are being listened to still 20 years after their release.

I don't think she's any good, she's just another pop tart whose producer came up with catchy choruses for her to sing. And her lyrics are shite.

Wow, where have people's tastes gone?

Poker face, and that disco stick song are all I've really heard, and based off of those, I think she sucks. I would write better lyrics while sitting on the toilet in the morning.

do it man. then youll be rich too. cause its that easy.

I could do it, but I'm not interested. But in the end, it's all about networking and meeting the right people, which she did.

Let me ask you: Could you do it?

Objectively, all of her songs SUCK BALLS. Fact. Whenever I hear a song by Lady Gaga, it's like I've heard it a million times before. The new Madonna? No fucking way. I'm not a madonna fan, BUT she made some awesome tunes and let's be honest, her voice is a thousand times better than Gaga's.

That being said, I think she's a surprisingly good live singer and piano player, she changes the approach of every of her song live and that's really surprising since her songs are so common to any other songs from any other female artist from nowadays, and she has piano skills (not incredible but given of what she is: a sad formated product, it's really good), I was really taken aback when I saw her perform some classical pieces live on piano.

So, no, her albums as of now suck, i hate all the hype around her, BUT, she definitely has talent when it comes to live shows, she has good potential, and she has some piano abilities which isn't common in this range of product (Britney Spears? Shakira? Nelly Furtado? Beyonce? :rofl-lol: ). So I say give her ten years and we'll talk then, as of now, her albums are definitely not a good contribution to music but her live performance are great and should really make some people rethink their own shows.

How can you say somebody that's only recorded about an album and a half worth of songs (From the same sessions, mind you) has never written a bad song? Save judgments like that for when she has four or five albums under her belt. Then you'll actually be saying something.

• 1 month later...

shes fucking awesome. i love how obnoxious she is in 'bad romance', there are a few lines, fuck, i dig it.

I'm usually not into this kind of music at all, but Bad Romance is one hell of a song. I can't stop watching the video. She fucking owns it and the song is so ridiculously catchy and pretty much perfect. The chorus is amazing. The song, the video, is all attitude. I'll have to check out her other tunes, though it'll be tough to live up to this one. I just want to say, that I've never heard one Madonna song that approaches this one. As far as that comparison goes.

Cuz I'm a free bitch, baby!

I didn't like her at first, but then I saw her on Saturday Night Live and realized how talented this woman is.

I got her cd and totally love it. she has an amazing voice and writes her own music. I mean usually in the pop world that's very rare. the girl sings and dances live. Note to Britney Spears! lol

Anyway, I've always loved rock and metal, but I also love dance music, and I think Lady Gaga does it well.