Moncton Motherfuckers!!!

Jackie Moon

... Also saw buckethead so this is bullshit!

Approaching new brunswick / nova scotia border. Nipples getting hard.

Not sure why you keep mentioning Buckethead. There was never any security ban related to Bucket.

Anyway, have fun at the show. :)

Rancid once said he couldn't takea bucket into a show cause of security. Not a ban tho,saftey hazzardz

Plus it's just awesome in general!!

Yes going to Halifax tomorrow as well.

Yes going to release a bear in the coliseum as well. Excellent comment!!

In line right now. Prolly 25 ppl deep. Freezing. Listening to better for strength.

BTW I feel me having my own thread is long overdue.

Awesome... There is an after party tomorrow at the Bubbles Mantion.... Any others?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soundchecking now,inside lobby - out of cold, thank fuck. Was freezing my Jackie moons off.

Can't tell what's being played. People seem pumped / positive about the new band. Hearing comments about the nice mix of guitarists and the diversity.

Also heard talk of Madagascar, no slash nonsense.

Doors open in 45

Alright bitches, I'm on my way to moncton, 4 hour drive and I've got my phone charger so iPhone wont fail me tonight.

I'll keep you posted. Have GA for the show, not drinking from here on out.

Yeah, it'll be just you. You can stand where you like, take photo's on your mobile..

..remember not to wear a Slash t-shirt, and it's probably best not to have permed black hair :D

In Ottawa I followed a guy thru security wearing a legit slash top hat (concho belt) and slash wig. Also saw buckethead so this is bullshit!

Approaching new brunswick / nova scotia border. Nipples getting hard.

Have a great time dude! I'm seeing them tomorrow night here in Halifax, pretty excited already!! I agree with the little to no booze thing, I want to remember all of it, the liquor sometimes fucks that up on me. (Like Saturday night seeing April Wine)

The lobby is packed, very loud, some chick just yelled "Alicia awnser your phone" and everything went silent.

Very akward. We all had a good laugh.

Doors about to open. Making a B line to the front. Actually fuck that, I'm makng an I line to the front. Direct route is

much faster.

Just a random question: why has Axl never ever once on any boot that i've heard attempted to do the scream in I.R.S. the way he does on the record? He always sings it low with rasp and doesn't often hold it for very long. I appreciate that the note on the album is insanely high but he sings notes like that every single night in Heaven's Door, everytime they play Twat and in 2002 he started every single show with an insane Jungle scream. It just bugs me because that scream is the key part of the song; the payoff, if you will. It would be like if he sang 'I would do anything for you' in Twat in hiw low register or the way he bottled 'If we ever find it's true...' at Rio 3.....it kinds kills the song. That Rio 3 version is such a shame because apart from him not attempting the high notes it's near perfect. He's never sung it with such rich, deep, clean vocals.

Just a random question: why has Axl never ever once on any boot that i've heard attempted to do the scream in I.R.S. the way he does on the record? He always sings it low with rasp and doesn't often hold it for very long. I appreciate that the note on the album is insanely high but he sings notes like that every single night in Heaven's Door, everytime they play Twat and in 2002 he started every single show with an insane Jungle scream. It just bugs me because that scream is the key part of the song; the payoff, if you will. It would be like if he sang 'I would do anything for you' in Twat in hiw low register or the way he bottled 'If we ever find it's true...' at Rio 3.....it kinds kills the song. That Rio 3 version is such a shame because apart from him not attempting the high notes it's near perfect. He's never sung it with such rich, deep, clean vocals.

It's really hard to sing. The KOHD and TWAT notes are the only ones that is the same note as the IRS scream but the rest you named, like jungle scream or madagascar. The IRS scream is much longer than kohd and twat though.

I.R.S' and TWAT's screams are the highest on the album (already measured and those are higher than his highest scream in KOHD live), so I assume they're pretty hard to be done. I'm sure Axl can do it, but he might not be feeling comfortable with the idea yet. Maybe he'll try it sometime in the future, let's hope so.