Moncton Motherfuckers!!!

Jackie Moon

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have to understand that there is a cult like following of Bubbles here in Canada. He may not be that big of a deal everywhere else but in Canada if you like the TPB's, Bubbles is the sh*t. Also, he is playing a character from the show, he is not that odd in real life... the glasses aren't real and he talks normally when not playing the Bubbles character. I also think that he is a friend of Axls and the band, so why not have him on stage? Baz is always there opening? I don't see what the big deal is... :blink: Thanks for the updates Jackie and Gunsguy! Sounds like you had a blast!

The big deal is the vast majority of the fans around the world don't know the show, the Bubbles character, and have no idea who the guy is. Ok that he's a friend of Axl, but Axl has tons of friends. There's got to be a good reason to invite one of them to share the stage with Guns. No offense at all to Bubbles, but his thing is not funny at all for (most of) us. If you guys in Canada like it so much that you're happy that Axl drops a GnR song from the setlist to have him, it's your opinion. But we don't like the idea of Axl getting too hyped about it and deciding to take the guy on his entourage around the world, to show up at every concert. We don't want him stealing a spot from the setlist, he's not in the band.

IMO, any artist that may be musically relevant to the fans or who is somehow related to the history of Guns is OK to have on board even for the whole tour. An artist that's known only in his country and has no relevance in GnR is not OK. There's the opening spot for that. Baz makes a lot more sense to have on board because he's a worldwide known artist by himself. Yet Axl only lets he go on stage with him to do a GnR song, which doesn't harm the fans or steals a spot.

I defend the same for the GnR concerts here in Brazil. I'm so totally against the idea of Axl bringing Carnival dancers and a Samba band on stage like he did in RiR3. Most rock fans around here hate Samba, it's not something you can come up with thinking "We're in Brazil, it's all about Samba, let's have a Samba band to play at our show and the Brazilians will go crazy, they'll appreciate that we understand their culture". Really, our culture is not made of Samba and I don't want Guns to give a spot for that.

If you guys in Canada are OK that Guns gives a spot to something of your culture, it's fine with me. But I don't want this to happen with the concert I'm attending. I'm going there to see Guns N' Roses, a foreign band, a fucking different thing, and not to see something of my own culture, to which I'm familiar already.

So that's the whole big deal of it.

I do see your point but you have to remember that they are touring CANADA right now and there has been no specualtion around Bubbles attending concerts anywhere else in the world. I can't see Guns taking him along as the world outside Canada has no idea who this guy is and it would be completely irrelevant to most. The point I was trying to make is that he is a relevant figure in Canada and most people think that it is great that Guns have recognized the TPB's and enjoy seeing them onstage. They also toured here with them in 2006. And its one song for crying out loud, I don't see it taking anything away from the concert experience, rather its enhancing it because we all get a good laugh out of it. If you feel the need to dictate to Axl what is appropriate for HIS shows, please feel free to contact him, I'm sure he would take your opinion into consideration.....

You guys have to understand that there is a cult like following of Bubbles here in Canada. He may not be that big of a deal everywhere else but in Canada if you like the TPB's, Bubbles is the sh*t. Also, he is playing a character from the show, he is not that odd in real life... the glasses aren't real and he talks normally when not playing the Bubbles character. I also think that he is a friend of Axls and the band, so why not have him on stage? Baz is always there opening? I don't see what the big deal is... :blink: Thanks for the updates Jackie and Gunsguy! Sounds like you had a blast!

The big deal is the vast majority of the fans around the world don't know the show, the Bubbles character, and have no idea who the guy is. Ok that he's a friend of Axl, but Axl has tons of friends. There's got to be a good reason to invite one of them to share the stage with Guns. No offense at all to Bubbles, but his thing is not funny at all for (most of) us. If you guys in Canada like it so much that you're happy that Axl drops a GnR song from the setlist to have him, it's your opinion. But we don't like the idea of Axl getting too hyped about it and deciding to take the guy on his entourage around the world, to show up at every concert. We don't want him stealing a spot from the setlist, he's not in the band.

IMO, any artist that may be musically relevant to the fans or who is somehow related to the history of Guns is OK to have on board even for the whole tour. An artist that's known only in his country and has no relevance in GnR is not OK. There's the opening spot for that. Baz makes a lot more sense to have on board because he's a worldwide known artist by himself. Yet Axl only lets he go on stage with him to do a GnR song, which doesn't harm the fans or steals a spot.

I defend the same for the GnR concerts here in Brazil. I'm so totally against the idea of Axl bringing Carnival dancers and a Samba band on stage like he did in RiR3. Most rock fans around here hate Samba, it's not something you can come up with thinking "We're in Brazil, it's all about Samba, let's have a Samba band to play at our show and the Brazilians will go crazy, they'll appreciate that we understand their culture". Really, our culture is not made of Samba and I don't want Guns to give a spot for that.

If you guys in Canada are OK that Guns gives a spot to something of your culture, it's fine with me. But I don't want this to happen with the concert I'm attending. I'm going there to see Guns N' Roses, a foreign band, a fucking different thing, and not to see something of my own culture, to which I'm familiar already.

I think you're taking this far too seriously... The Canadian audiences appreciated it, you weren't at the shows so your experience didn't suffer, I doubt Bubbles will be going to Brazil. Chill.

Bubbles is a friend of the band, not only that but they are big here in CANADA where they are currently touring why are people not attending the shows complaining, please explain

Its like wow they went on early, but I gotta find something to bitch about so hey wait there is this bubbles guy thats not cool! The fans no matter how long you have been on this forum dont dictate what they do, has no one got this through their heads yet?

Edited by gunsguy

Bubbles is a friend of the band, not only that but they are big here in CANADA where they are currently touring why are people not attending the shows complaining, please explain

Its like wow they went on early, but I gotta find something to bitch about so hey wait there is this bubbles guy thats not cool! The fans no matter how long you have been on this forum dont dictate what they do, has no one got this through their heads yet?

Thanx, my point exactly :thumbsup:

Tonight was amazing. Not sure what else to say except i might kill myself come Sunday cause nothing in life can top this week.

I hope you're joking here, Jackie - you don't want to do that!!!.....however, I feel you - - after seeing three shows last week, I've been to heaven and back and certainly going thru some kind of withdrawl currently. Not to mention trying to regulate off the 'sleep all day, party all night time zone'. And I miss all the great folks I met along the way. We will be just fine! :)

Glad you had such an excellent adventure - thanks for sharing and enjoy tonight!

Well, I thinks it´s part of this forum to discuss everything about the band, concerts, line ups etc. Maybe some fans find inapropiate that Axl takes this guy at the shows ... I can´t understand why discussing this could seem inapropiate or bad... I don´t think we have to got your point of view through our heads... that would be dictatorial... it´s just different visions expressed respetfuly

Edited by karlossacanell

Well, I thinks it´s part of this forum to discuss everything about the band, concerts, line ups etc. Maybe some fans find inapropiate that Axl takes this guy at the shows ... I can´t understand why discussing this could seem inapropiate or bad... I don´t think we have to got your point of view through our heads... that would be dictatorial... it´s just different visions expressed respetfuly

sure as is mine right? I just see the same members posting it over and over, we get it, they get it but it wont change it lol

We were at the show last night. I'm an American from the ATL and have no fucking clue who Bubbles or the Trailer Park Boys are, just like these Canadians may not know who the Real Housewives of Atlanta are. But, I've enjoyed flying up here and seeing the shows and don't mind that Bubbles shows up. The fans go crazy and I like seeing Axl singing back-up.

Going to Halifax show tonight!!!

Eddie Money fka Outtagetme

Excellent post!

I couldn't have summed it up better. :)

Bubbles is a friend of the band,..

So, does that mean if Brad Pitt was a friend of the band, he should be brought out onstage too? If so, I await his grand entrance. :D

..Its like wow they went on early, but I gotta find something to bitch about so hey wait there is this bubbles guy thats not cool! The fans no matter how long you have been on this forum dont dictate what they do, has no one got this through their heads yet?

I realize you don't like hearing fans' views that don't mesh with yours, but they're just as relevant as yours are.

And history has shown that the band does listen to suggestions fans have made on this forum. The band is interested in hearing what fans think. If they didn't, they wouldn't be checking out the forum.

Agreed.

I think you're taking this far too seriously... The Canadian audiences appreciated it, you weren't at the shows so your experience didn't suffer, I doubt Bubbles will be going to Brazil. Chill.

Well, you guys don't seem to understand my point. It's nothing against Bubbles, but it's against GnR bringing on stage acts that aren't relevant to the fans and dropping a song from the setlist for this. I know the Canadians liked Bubbles and didn't mind him taking a spot at a GnR concert. But if it were with me, in my country, in the concert I'm attending, if GnR took a local act, unrelated to the band, to have a spot, I'd be pissed off about it. I've waited my whole life to see GnR performing in front of my eyes and I'd feel that whoever took a spot in their concert would be stealing part of what I'm there to see.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Guns doesn't care and my complaint will never change the way Axl does it. I just hope that GnR has no friends here in Belo Horizonte to bring along. And no Samba bands as well. :rolleyes:

Well, you guys don't seem to understand my point. It's nothing against Bubbles, but it's against GnR bringing on stage acts that aren't relevant to the fans and dropping a song from the setlist for this. I know the Canadians liked Bubbles and didn't mind him taking a spot at a GnR concert. But if it were with me, in my country, in the concert I'm attending, if GnR took a local act, unrelated to the band, to have a spot, I'd be pissed off about it. I've waited my whole life to see GnR performing in front of my eyes and I'd feel that whoever took a spot in their concert would be stealing part of what I'm there to see.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Guns doesn't care and my complaint will never change the way Axl does it. I just hope that GnR has no friends here in Belo Horizonte to bring along. And no Samba bands as well. :rolleyes:

Well, it seems a bit premature to talk about what will or won't happen at the GN'R shows in Brazil. They may or may not do anything comparable in Brazil with what they did in Canada with Bubbles. It's almost like you are pre-emptively complaining about something that isn't even a certainty to happen in Brazil or anywhere other than Canada. If it does happen, and they don't play a song like "This I Love" because Bubbles or some local act is out there, then you have a reason to complain. Until then, just wait and see what happens.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Madison wrote:

I realize you don't like hearing fans' views that don't mesh with yours, but they're just as relevant as yours are.

And history has shown that the band does listen to suggestions fans have made on this forum. The band is interested in hearing what fans think. If they didn't, they wouldn't be checking out the forum.

Do not take my words and twist them into something that is not true... I am perfectly fine with people expressing their views on this forum thats why I like this forum, what I dislike is the same users every time bubbles is around keep saying the very same thing numerous times in the same thread, we already know Madison you dont like him, we get it, to post it numerous times in the same thread just seems overkill, but thats my opinion and I am not trying to stop people from having there own, unlike certain people on here that follow me around and quote everything I say to make it into something it is not...

Madison wrote:

So, does that mean if Brad Pitt was a friend of the band, he should be brought out onstage too? If so, I await his grand entrance. :D

oh my god every lady in the venue would pass out :) lol

Edited by gunsguy

Guest King Of Spades

You should just feel lucky that GN'R would come to your country. Stop bitching whose playing with who, they deserve to have as much fun as you. If they want to have Bubbles tour with them it's their choice not yours.

Also whose to say they are dropping a song for that? For all you know they might have ended 5 minutes earlier.

When people stop bitching about every little thing things will start going smoothly.

Do not take my words and twist them into something that is not true... I am perfectly fine with people expressing their views on this forum thats why I like this forum, what I dislike is the same users every time bubbles is around keep saying the very same thing numerous times in the same thread, we already know Madison you dont like him, we get it, to post it numerous times in the same thread just seems overkill, but thats my opinion and I am not trying to stop people from having there own, unlike certain people on here that follow me around and quote everything I say to make it into something it is not...[

If you count up the number of posts I've made in this thread, they would be far less than the number you've made.

And none of mine badger other forum members to stop expressing views. Everyone is free to express their opinions, including you. It's important that you respect others' rights to do so too. If you don't like the topic or a forum member's view, don't read it. Simple as that. But constantly jumping in, telling people to stop discussing a topic is out of line.

Do not take my words and twist them into something that is not true... I am perfectly fine with people expressing their views on this forum thats why I like this forum, what I dislike is the same users every time bubbles is around keep saying the very same thing numerous times in the same thread, we already know Madison you dont like him, we get it, to post it numerous times in the same thread just seems overkill, but thats my opinion and I am not trying to stop people from having there own, unlike certain people on here that follow me around and quote everything I say to make it into something it is not...[

If you count up the number of posts I've made in this thread, they would be far less than the number you've made.

And none of mine badger other forum members to stop expressing views. Everyone is free to express their opinions, including you. It's important that you respect others' rights to do so too.

Madison, I updated the forum the entire show last night, lol I think youre right about posts... I never said anyone cant express their opinion, I would never do so, I merely expressed mine...

anyways.... let get back on topic

Edited by gunsguy

OMG. Shut the fuck up.

If you are not in the show? What is your problem? Come on! People here whine about every fucking thing. Fuck.