Guns N' Roses, 13 October 2010, London (Discussion)

Azazel

GUNS N' ROSES

13 October 2010

O2 Arena, London

SOLD OUT

Please note: You may be aware that Guns N' Roses shows this year have finished later than scheduled. To minimise the impact of this The O2 have worked closely with TfL to provide additional transport services should the show over run after the last Jubilee Line service at 00:16 into Central London. The last eastbound Jubilee Line service (Stratford) is at 01:04. Please read our transport information to help with your journey home

Millenium%20Dome.jpg

arena.jpg

DjAshba : London here we come for round 2!!!! Hope everyones day is going good!!

Edited by Azazel

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be worth it, I wouldnt worry about that.

I've managed to convince the girlfriend to come B'ham with me, and my sister loves the band and is coming to Manchester.

But even then, I'd of gone on my own.

Been to the O2 before?

Its a fantasic venue, sound is superb. Saw the Eagles there a few years ago, was a great atmosphere due to the intimate structure of the place.

Its a big arena, but its built up and around, with a fairly small surface area for a place of that capactity.

Yeah I've seen NIN and AC/DC there. Coincidentally perhaps two of the best gigs I have ever been to. Totally agree about the o2. So much better than Wembley Arena in terms of sound, layout, everything - and given the setlists lately I am expecting this to be even better than 2006.

rock3 Got my ticket for this this morning. Im going to all 4 of the UK shows. rock3

The o2 Arena is a great venue, its actually the most popular venue in the world based on the sheer volume turnover of HUGE acts that choose to play here and nowhere else. Michael Jackson chose his 50 niht residency here etc..

Its not just a concert space either, the arena contains many resturants, exhibitions, a cinema, interactive bits and bars- so you could literally make a day of being in the building.

The only trouble is the tube wont run past midnight- so theres going to be ALLOT of people getting busses- im gunna get in verry LATE

Either way- I dont care, Its GNR and i see them every 4 years so it HAS to be done, they were amazing in Lille

Anybody know the capacity of the o2?

Definetly over 20,000.

Probably nearer 23,000.

I'm hoping nothing goes wrong after the Dublin gig too.

I'd like to say I have faith in my countrymen, but I don't.

All went fine in 2006 though right? (Newcastle aside)

And the band are in a better position now (CD release etc).

Edited by Azazel

rock3 Got my ticket for this this morning. Im going to all 4 of the UK shows. rock3

The o2 Arena is a great venue, its actually the most popular venue in the world based on the sheer volume turnover of HUGE acts that choose to play here and nowhere else. Michael Jackson chose his 50 niht residency here etc..

Its not just a concert space either, the arena contains many resturants, exhibitions, a cinema, interactive bits and bars- so you could literally make a day of being in the building.

The only trouble is the tube wont run past midnight- so theres going to be ALLOT of people getting busses- im gunna get in verry LATE

Either way- I dont care, Its GNR and i see them every 4 years so it HAS to be done, they were amazing in Lille

I went to Ozzfest at the O2 and i wouldnt worry about the tube it ran until 4 am that day

I went to Ozzfest at the O2 and i wouldnt worry about the tube it ran until 4 am that day

really? back to waterloo?

Anybody knows how many standing places there are? And if you want to queue outside for the standing area, do you have to go to a special gate or something? Never been to O2 before..

Not sure on numbers but you'll be able to get into the 'o2' itself all day because it has restaurants and things inside. As you walk round there will be various different entrances for both seating and standing. On my standing ticket it says which entrance to go to and I think they stay the same regardless of gig so anytime of day you should be able to see where you want to queue.

Just an FYI for whoever it concerns, the earliest train out of London is anytime after about 3-3:30 from Paddington Station. It will cost you about £40-60 taxi fare to get there or take on of these bus routes.

If that link expires then this website should help you plan your way home from the o2.

I will be so gutted if they do a surprise show after the second date as I could only afford to buy one ticket and got one for the first show as it was the first to be announced. Knowing I missed out of the chance of seeing this band in such a small environment would be a huge bummer. How in the world some of you guys can afford to go see all four shows is beyond me. Would love to have that sort of financial freedom. I hate you all :tongue2:

Hopefully Ron's Beard will help me out and send a free backstage pass my way :lol:

I believe in The Beard.

Oh yeah, 2 days! Fucking pumped for this show! rock3

Edited by plonker88

From o2, via email :rofl-lol:

Please note: You may be aware that Guns N' Roses shows this year have finished later than scheduled. To minimise the impact of this The O2 have worked closely with TfL to provide additional transport services should the show over run after the last Jubilee Line service at 00:16 into Central London. The last eastbound Jubilee Line service (Stratford) is at 01:04. Please read our transport information to help with your journey home.

Please note: You may be aware that Guns N' Roses shows this year have finished later than scheduled. To minimise the impact of this The O2 have worked closely with TfL to provide additional transport services should the show over run after the last Jubilee Line service at 00:16 into Central London. The last eastbound Jubilee Line service (Stratford) is at 01:04. Please read our transport information to help with your journey home.

Idiots should have put it the other way around; people going back via central London will far exceed those going to the east end

I'm travelling 200miles back home from uni just for this concert.. The tubes not running that late are a tad annoying... but i'll take the 4 night buses home if it means I get to see GN'R!

That way you can be travelling home singing 'I'M ON THE NIGHT BUSSSSSSS!'

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Ah seeing this thread makes it all so real and official now I CAN'T WAIT

I am completely broke from these shows so they better be perfect. If anyone riots or causes them to go off stage I'll personally hunt you down :fuckyou:

On my tickets it says: Please note people around you may stand :lol:

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Idiots should have put it the other way around; people going back via central London will far exceed those going to the east end

They're just the normal tube times, they're saying if it concert finishes later than either of them. Alternative transport will be provided.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

They're just the normal tube times, they're saying if it concert finishes later than either of them. Alternative transport will be provided.

I spent money on an expensive hotel because I assumed the tube would have been finished by the time the concert was over.

Great :fuckyou: