Guns N' Roses, 13 October 2010, London (Discussion)

Azazel

On the train to London, looks like I'm gonna miss Baz's set, no worries though cuz I'm going to tomorrow's gig as well. Managed to get a block 101 seat for tonight for 55 quid! My first seated GNR gig, will compare to standing tomorrow.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the train to London, looks like I'm gonna miss Baz's set, no worries though cuz I'm going to tomorrow's gig as well. Managed to get a block 101 seat for tonight for 55 quid! My first seated GNR gig, will compare to standing tomorrow.

Shows sold out?

First London gig did, I don't know about the others.

It feels weird, as I sit here, under less than 1 hours drive away, is Axl Rose :D

It's turned freezing tonight. Seem's odd, the band that once was (the most dangerous etc) is playing a Wednesday night?

They could pop to London after, not that London stays open much after 1 O'clock.

/still never been to the Dome, ever since it was built with no particular purpose in mind :shrugs:

Edited by star

It feels weird, as I sit here, under less than 1 hours drive away, is Axl Rose :D

It's turned freezing tonight. Seem's odd, the band that once was (the most dangerous etc) is playing a Wednesday night?

I saw them on a wednesday night - it all went a bit tits up, have a good show ;)

They are selling an amazing tshirt at the official merchant stand. It's like a cartoon of all the members of the new gnr including axl, i havnt seen it anywhere else. Also there are signs up everywhere openly aknowledgeing that it's going to finish late and that they have laid on extra transport especially for mr axl roses' time habits. I love London !!

According to Adz on HTGH, intro started at about 9:40 p.m. local time.

Ali

Running order said 20:40 (clearly having a laugh) but 21:40 is still positively punctual. Hope everyone enjoys their evening.

Yeah, I don't know if that was when the O2 hoped they would go on or if that was their actual contracted start time. I never believed they would go on that early. 9:40 is early by GN'R standards :lol:

Ali

Apparently the crowd is throwing things. I'm guessing this is Axl's quote re: Adz from HTGH:

"now now now lets not be throwing things you might miss me and hit one of these nice people downfrpnt and we dont want that to happen".

Hopefully this doesn't continue. Sounds like Axl has a sense of humor about it at least.

Ali

Guest RonMexico82

They are selling an amazing tshirt at the official merchant stand. It's like a cartoon of all the members of the new gnr including axl, i havnt seen it anywhere else. Also there are signs up everywhere openly aknowledgeing that it's going to finish late and that they have laid on extra transport especially for mr axl roses' time habits. I love London !!

See thats how you do it. Inform the crowd.

According to Adz on HTGH, intro started at about 9:40 p.m. local time.

Ali

An early start which is good.

Uh oh...

Axl

"now now now lets not be throwing things you might miss me and hit one of these nice people downfrpnt and we dont want that to happen"

See people still throw shit regardless. Looks like Axl might have learnt to handle it a bit better. Thats a plus. (and fuck those assholes throwing stuff)

Hope it doesn't turn into what happened in Dublin. :(

Me too. But, if it does, I'm sure they'll be someone who says "well, if he started earlier than 9:40, this wouldn't have happened. He brought this on himself." :lol:

Ali