Guns N' Roses, 13 October 2010, London (Discussion)

Azazel

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlight for me was the extended jams/intros of the band. Bumblefoot had some beautiful improv, especially his intros to TIL and Don't Cry, and before Madagascar the DJ, 4tus, BBF, Frank and Tommy did a kind of low-key Madagascar. Sounded really different yet recognisable and totally awesome without the synths. They did the extended PC intro they've been doing since the L'Arc gig as well.

Plus, this pic I took ;) :

gnrtube.jpg?psid=1

Also took a vid of a LED screen for the night train service saying "FOR GUNS N' ROSES 02 SPECTATORS ONLY".

Edited by Amir

Sebastian didn't come off stage till 8:35 - when he took the stage at 7:15....Doors were at 6:30! No way in hell was GNR ever making a 8:40 timeslot in that case.

I had a fantastic night, met up with Leddy off here, who nabbed me an After Show pass - fuckin' awesome. He's got a few pictures on his camera, I had to leave as I had mates outside in the car, but I was there a good 2 hours after the show. Leddy's still there. (Or was when I left!)

Okay just got back from the gig. Here is my thoughts:

- Baz tried really hard to get the crowd going but most just weren't interested. He's a good entertainer though. He spoke about the last time he was in London and he sung on Paradise City with midgets dancing around him. I completely forgot about the midgets :rofl-lol:

- Baz's young guitarist is really fuckin' shy. Poor kid. Baz tried to get him to look at something in the crowd and the guy pretty much just plain refused to. Quite a few times baz tried to get him more upfront.

- Best part of baz's set was during Slave to the Grind when he almost knocked his guitarist out with his microphone swinging. The dude dodged out the way just in time :rofl-lol:

Onto Guns:

- Surprisingly punctual. I was almost thinking this must be a joke when the houselights went down at 9:40

- From what I could tell nobody complained about them being a little late

-The throwing incident. It happened right in front of me, the cup barely even made it to the stage. It had some beer in it and Ron drank it. Thought Axl handed the situation really well, got a big cheer from the crowd. Only one more cup was thrown and that was a few songs later, it was towards Richard on the left of the stage. He just looked at it and continued to play.

- I've heard a lot on this forum about "Axl's voice is sensational, the vids do not do him justice". I always put that down to people refusing to take off their rose tinted specs. Goddamn they're right though. He was fucking fantastic.

- The crowd weren't that great but seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves. There was a slight refusal to mosh and jump up and down by people around me.

- Personal song highlights: This I Love, KOHD, Nightrain, Whole Lotta Rosie. Good shout for Shacklers too. Really pleased I got to hear that.

- The KFC bucket part was :rofl-lol:

-After Nightrain people began to filter out and leave. Think it was a mixture of wanting to catch the last tube (we were recommended to have left the premises at 11.30 to catch it) or being idiots and not realising that an encore was coming. By the end of Paradise the arena was around half-full which was a little disappointing but it was jam packed all the way up til the encore.

- I :heart: DJ Ashba

That's about all I can recall for now. It was a great night but a joke getting the bus home. Some idiot lay down in front of the bus I was on and refused to move so the police had to drag him away and then there bus was overcrowded so the police were ordering people to get off but everybody refused to. Eventually the bus driver gave up and terminated the bus in the middle of London which was no fucking good. Still we had some good sing alongs whilst waiting on the bus. "Jungle" "Nightbus" and "Wheels on the bus". Think us lot could support Guns on the next leg of the tour with those type of quality tunes.

Roll on tomorrow :xmasssanta:

No, 'he' was referring to himself.

Just another quote: '‎1 hour late, played shit, Axl was out of tune and they were just generally wank. Definitely not worth £50 a ticket. It was like watching an innacurate covers band.'

Your mate is a twat I was there it was the nuts

I'm just passing it on, don't shoot the messenger. I'd post his comment if he'd praised the band and hailed it as the best show ever, it's only because I know him, I thought it relevant to post it.

I got the worst hangover ever!! Wot a show! That was the best I've ever seen axl!!! I've been to 7 shows shacklers live is the nuts! Glad we got don't cry as well! Um crowd was good near the front, however the sound was the nuts even near the back (beers) I know the crowd didn't go mental! However we are English after all!! Great show

Apparently both last night's show and tonight's show in London are being heavily papered with free tickets.

Here's one site where tickets were available for free:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/free-guns-and-roses-tickets-o2-lond/776744

Those free tickets are only released once the stage has been built. They err on the side of caution in regard to restricted view and hold of on selling certain seats, then once everything is built they release them - usually the media bods - to get a few more in. Happens for most big gigs at the O2 (where the stage is going to be big).

Glad you all had a fab time last night, very jealous of those going tonight as well!!!

Heard I think Radio 1 this morning with Fern effing Cotton on saying that Axl behaved himself wtf, wanted to kick her in the head silly bitch! :anger:

Glad you all had a fab time last night, very jealous of those going tonight as well!!!

Heard I think Radio 1 this morning with Fern effing Cotton on saying that Axl behaved himself wtf, wanted to kick her in the head silly bitch! :anger:

That is a stupid thing to say about Axl but expected though as people only hear the worst of things, but Fearne is fit though.

Looking forward to tonight!!!