18th october manchester dissusion

stebarker

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Richard is going to explode on stage some night. He is just :o

Isn't he the most underrated GnR guitarist ever ( after Izzy maybe ) ?

This guy needs a promotion, seriously.

I totally agree, he's just mindblowing to watch.

He was stood in front of me, making a fuckload of eye contact for nearly a whole minute while he was going nuts playing, it was amazing, and in the words of our lovely Shearaxl: I creamed.

1. Someone threw a sign at Bach: "Dude, Baz what

shampoo do you use?" everyone laughed as baz said a combination of sweat and shit he'd been smoking from years ago.

Yeah that was me. :rofl-lol:

I'm a crap shot and when I tried to throw it at him it veered off to the right and he laughed at me at mocked my throwing capabilities which I thought was pretty cool. :rofl-lol:

I also made a sign for Ron asking if I could touch his beard and he kept coming over and tugging on it for me, Tommy read it too and started feeling the beard before stealing Ron's hat and... jigging. :rofl-lol:

It was a fucking intense night, seeing Axl right there in front of me is something I've dreamed of for years. His voice was perfect and some of the screams were ear splitting.

Both Richard and Ron threw picks to me too, I think I might frame them with my beard sign.

Definitely one of the best nights of my life.

Edited by Dory

What an awesome night.

Axl was like a man possessed, probably from sucking too many Strepsils for his sore throat. :lol:

He is totally on top of his game vocally and fitness level, not so out of breath as he was in Paris. His screams were some of the best I’ve ever heard him do and he seemed really happy and enjoying himself.

Richard, Bumble and DJ couldn’t have done any more to involve the crowd and they played out of their skins. Tommy, Frank, Chris and of course Dizzy were excellent.

In my opinion last night was so much better than Sunday at the LG. Yes there was booing but as soon as the band came on the place rocked.

I have a love/hate relationship with Paradise City. I love to hear it but I know it’s the end of the gig, and this time the end of the UK leg. I hope it’s not four more years before they come back.

After the gig we had a walk round before the drive home.

There was a small crowd by the gates at the back of the MEN where the trucks were loading up. One of them was a little boy of 11 with his mom. He was really cold but he wanted to stay and see DJ come out as he really loves him. A security man got on his radio and spoke to someone inside the building and told him about the young lad. The reply was that DJ was in the shower but to send the lad in with his mom and he would see him. So they went inside and when he came back out his little face was a picture. He had seen DJ and all the band had signed his ticket. Priceless, and probably a new fan for life. :kiss:

At the end only a few of us were left when Axl came out. He came over to us and through the bars in the gate he shook hands and signed autographs. He said that through the bars he felt like he was in jail and someone said back to him ‘well it wouldn’t be the first time’ which Axl found really funny. Someone asked if Axl remembered Hammersmith 06 and he said ‘Hell Yeah’.

He was really happy, relaxed with his now trade mark hat and a long overcoat on. They were flying off to Spain in a few hours so he had to go. He thanked us, we thanked him for an awesome gig and told him to take care of himself and to come back soon.

What a fucking legend he is. The press are never around for moments like that just there for shit shovelling. He is a truly great frontman.

This tour for me has been amazing. I have memories to cherish of meeting and speaking to Axl twice and for the autographs and photos.

Thank you Axl and the lads for the four great gigs that I was lucky enough to attend, and to my ‘gig buddy’ you mean more to me than words can say. :wub:

PLEASE COME BACK SOON GUNS N’ ROSES. rock3

Quality gig, way better than when i saw them in 2006. Was funny when someone threw some pants on the stage. Axl picked them up and hung them on a mic stand, later on DJ had them on his hat for a while and Axl told him to stop messing with his granny panties lol.

Got a 1080p vid of that moment later :)Here's the first of my videos..

Chinese Democracy - 1080p

Please post the clip of that Granny panties joke! Thank you!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I was going to wait last night but I didn't after. I was too tired. I fuckin missed Axl I'm so depressed now

Axlsend how long till Axl came out?

Oh well I'd have probably puked if he spoke to me :cry:

Dory: :lol: nice one everyone was laughing. Your throw was shocking :no:

Just sat down after last nights awesome gig. got home at 3am, up for work at 7am for a 12 hour day. Feel shit lol but well worth it for the best fuckin concert experience on earth at the moment.

The best GNR gig i've been to.

My 6th concert since 06 and the first time ive sat down in the stands... we had seats right at the back of the arena low down, a really good view actually of the whole production. Anyone that hasn't done it i'd recommend this for a change rather than fighting it out at the front.

Axls voice was spot on and got even better as the night progressed. the best version of paradise city i've heard by far. And i'd go as far as to say the best i've ever heard him. 2 hour 35 mins of pure pleasure to the ears.

Highlights - Don't Cry, wonderful experience to hear this live for the first time, axls vocal was amazing, such a passionate song, blew this i love out of the water for me and i love that tune.

YCBM was mental!

shacklers went down well and comes across well live for me!

KOHD axl was in a top mood, i thought he would never end that song!

Loads of CD tunes most received well, IRS didn't go smoothly, sounded like they fucked it up in the middle, well rescued though.

Amazin set list, awesome performance, good axl banter etc... dont fuckin cry, rosie, what more can a man want from a gig! I've seen metallica and rammstein in the past 18 months and all 3 GNR performances this summer were far superior.

The arena was 90% full that's a good effort for MEN arena given it holds well over 20,000, i'd say it was 75% full by the end of the gig, clearly the show ended very late and it is understandable that people leave. The crowd were very patient and there was only one round of booing before the start the show. Most just had another drink and relaxed. When it hit 10:30 i was getting nervous though lol

The general feel in the arena after the show was one of ecstasy, it went down a storm, the crowd loved it, can't fault it in any way.

Will never forget how good last night was, truly special show.

Also, randomly came across celebrity chef Marco Pierre White in whetherspoons on deansgate before the gig, lol, wonder if he was there to see axl.....

I was on the side right to the stage 3 rows from the back and had a perfect view, but thougth some of the sound vocals were a bit off at times, could this be due to being sat at the side? Who was the hot Blonde Photographer who has been following them on tour? she is well hot x

What an awesome night.

Axl was like a man possessed, probably from sucking too many Strepsils for his sore throat. :lol:

He is totally on top of his game vocally and fitness level, not so out of breath as he was in Paris. His screams were some of the best I’ve ever heard him do and he seemed really happy and enjoying himself.

Richard, Bumble and DJ couldn’t have done any more to involve the crowd and they played out of their skins. Tommy, Frank, Chris and of course Dizzy were excellent.

In my opinion last night was so much better than Sunday at the LG. Yes there was booing but as soon as the band came on the place rocked.

I have a love/hate relationship with Paradise City. I love to hear it but I know it’s the end of the gig, and this time the end of the UK leg. I hope it’s not four more years before they come back.

After the gig we had a walk round before the drive home.

There was a small crowd by the gates at the back of the MEN where the trucks were loading up. One of them was a little boy of 11 with his mom. He was really cold but he wanted to stay and see DJ come out as he really loves him. A security man got on his radio and spoke to someone inside the building and told him about the young lad. The reply was that DJ was in the shower but to send the lad in with his mom and he would see him. So they went inside and when he came back out his little face was a picture. He had seen DJ and all the band had signed his ticket. Priceless, and probably a new fan for life. :kiss:

At the end only a few of us were left when Axl came out. He came over to us and through the bars in the gate he shook hands and signed autographs. He said that through the bars he felt like he was in jail and someone said back to him ‘well it wouldn’t be the first time’ which Axl found really funny. Someone asked if Axl remembered Hammersmith 06 and he said ‘Hell Yeah’.

He was really happy, relaxed with his now trade mark hat and a long overcoat on. They were flying off to Spain in a few hours so he had to go. He thanked us, we thanked him for an awesome gig and told him to take care of himself and to come back soon.

What a fucking legend he is. The press are never around for moments like that just there for shit shovelling. He is a truly great frontman.

This tour for me has been amazing. I have memories to cherish of meeting and speaking to Axl twice and for the autographs and photos.

Thank you Axl and the lads for the four great gigs that I was lucky enough to attend, and to my ‘gig buddy’ you mean more to me than words can say. :wub:

PLEASE COME BACK SOON GUNS N’ ROSES. rock3

Seriously, how sweet is DJ? :wub: He is always so sweet to the fans, always taking his time. Letting that little boy in to see him like that...I bet he'll never ever forget it!

And you're so right about Axl! Not that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting him (unfortunately) but I know people who have and they have only had good things to say about him. So jealous of everyone who has met Axl (and DJ), I really hope I will one day too.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Just read your story Axlsend. That's seriously cool, however, i also hate reading all these stories as it makes me jealous and think "why didn't I wait" Rarrrr!!!!

Seriously cool story :)

Me too! :cry:

Axlsend is lovely and deserves it though (dosent stop me hating you out of jealousy though :tongue2: ) jk :D

some pissed up american was pushing about swinging his arms about so i started goin mad at him then he started on some irish guy who grabbed him by the throat and pushed him through the crowd haha

one of the highlights along with the fat stripper lol

anyone see it then

Was the American bald? He was talking to a friend of mine before the gig.

Where abouts on the floor were you? I was in the second or third row with a friend on Ashba's side. I was annoyed when that drunk skinhead wouldn't stop shouting. I think he was ejected before Guns came on.

Knockin On Heavens Door (clip) - 1080p

Mainly a clip of the "panties" joke but I think you can also get a feel for the vibe of KOHD.

Didnt film the whole thing cause memory was low.

Final one from me unfortunately, and again only a clip, but good quality.

Madagascar (clip) - 1080p

Thanks for all the comments.

Thank you to everyone who attended for making it a great night and to the band for their fantastic performance.

Edited by Azazel