A Game of Thrones [WARNING - SPOILERS WITHIN]

st0n3r

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this series..if is anything like the "Tudors" it is going to be excellent

The Tudors is terrible.

------------

I read a synopsis of the book on Amazon; It sounds pretty interesting so I ordered it.

I'l read the book first and then check out the show.

Looking forward to this series..if is anything like the "Tudors" it is going to be excellent

The Tudors is terrible.

------------

I read a synopsis of the book on Amazon; It sounds pretty interesting so I ordered it.

Too much sex.

Every 5 minutes.

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

The Tudors is terrible.

------------

Too much sex.

Every 5 minutes.

Did you watch the whole thing though?

I do agree the sex was too much in the first few episodes but once Anne Boleyn is given the chop (LOLZ) it pretty much dies and becomes really gripping. The acting is fantastic.

I kept with it even though I found myself having to record it to fast forward the cringey sex scenes and I'm really glad I did. One of my fav TV series ever.

I guarantee you will not be dissapointed. Very adult series. It is fantasy yes, but the 'supernatural' and 'fantastic' elements play only a very minor background role. The bulk of the book takes place at the royal court and tells about the schemes and such over there. HBO is perfectly capable of doing this on screen, so that's why I'm looking forward to it so much. Also, what's interesting about it is the structure. It is not divised in 'regular' chapters. Each chapter just bears the name of a character and you then get an account of what happens out of his/her eyes. This means that you can start by 'hating' a character, but ten pages further you will understand why they acted the way they did. Because of that, there is no clear black-white division between good and bad like there usually is in these books.

Remember to post your thoughts once you read a bit, okay. I'd love to hear them.

About the trailer: Well, I guess it doesn't look that spectacular, but I probably was a bit overexcited because I like the books so much. IMO the casting seems to be superb. Even if a character only appears for 2 seconds in the trailer, I could instantly recognize them. I hate it when you have formed this image of a character inh your head after reading a book, and they turn out to look completely different in a film/series. Not here. HBO did an outstanding job.

Also, if you're squeamish, and the series is anything like the book, and it's going to be appearently, stay away. Infant murder, rape, brutal violence,... It's all there.

Edited by st0n3r

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

really like it so far....you have to give these sieres some time to develop characters so I expect it to only get better.............

Well, they do a good job and stay very true to the books. The only problem I could have with it, having read the books, is that the development of characters goes much slower. It's because of the medium obviously. In a book you can easily write and describe the mindset of a character while he/she commits certain actions. In a film you can't. Oh well, the way it is going, I am quite sure they will handle it right. And people complaining that the series is too dark/depressing... You have seen nothing yet.

Who is according to you the most despicable charcater up until now? For me it is without a doubt Joffrey. Ned is my favourite. :)

Edited by st0n3r

• 1 month later...

Told you guys it would be good. ;)

If they stay as loyal to the books as they did this season, the best is yet to come, trust me.

Also, watch out when surfing the net about this series. A lot of assholes who read the books like to spoil people who didnt.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-6_WRDROdM

GRYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqdSjdtPAQ

As great as as the show is, it doesn't quite do the book(s) justice for they are indeed fucking amazing.. can't wait for the next installment. IIRC it'll be out in a month or so. Woop.

Edited by LTD

man i can't wait to watch this so bad. i've seen threads (with lots of posts) for it on a few other forums. i've been staying out of them (didn't even read single post in this thread), and haven't watched because i'm reading the books.

hopefully i finish next week and can see what all the fuss is about.

man i can't wait to watch this so bad. i've seen threads (with lots of posts) for it on a few other forums. i've been staying out of them (didn't even read single post in this thread), and haven't watched because i'm reading the books.

hopefully i finish next week and can see what all the fuss is about.

Next book is coming out in a month or so. :rofl-lol:

Anyway, the season ONLY concerns the first book so you can watch it easily without being spoiled or anything.

Edited by st0n3r