A Game of Thrones [WARNING - SPOILERS WITHIN]

st0n3r

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I read, the more I started to think the Starks are kinda stupid.

Honor is great and all, but you can't let it handcuff you to stupidity.

They are not stupid. They just were too long 'out' of the game. In the beginning, when Eddard meets Robert, how long was it since they last saw eachother? They aren't used to all the scheming, since they never did much of it in the North. Although you are right, that Eddard could have avoided a lot of trouuble if his damn honor

didn't require him to warn Cersei about what he discovered, so that her children would not get hurt.

Littlefiner is like the opposite of the Starks: He ONLY knows the game of thrones, and no honor at all.

Edited by st0n3r

Perhaps more frustrating than stupid.

Ned warning Cersei so she could save the kids.

Cat taking Tyrion captive without any real proof.

Rob breaking his marriage with the Frey's just 'cause he nailed some random chick.

By the end of the third book I almost found myself respecting Jaime more than any of the Starks. Dude slayed a King because it was the right thing to do. Went back for Brienne. Saved Tyrion.

Perhaps more frustrating than stupid.

Ned warning Cersei so she could save the kids.

Cat taking Tyrion captive without any real proof.

Rob breaking his marriage with the Frey's just 'cause he nailed some random chick.

By the end of the third book I almost found myself respecting Jaime more than any of the Starks. Dude slayed a King because it was the right thing to do. Went back for Brienne. Saved Tyrion.

Yeah, Jaime is one of the best characters. It's great how you actually grow to like him, despite some of his actions. And he was completely right in killing the mad king, oath or not. Jon's a good Stark, though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

A Feast for Crows was interesting. Probably the weakest of the books, but still some good stuff.

The Cersei/Jaime stuff was very slow paced, but still rewarding. Some of the Brienne chapters were just dull.

Liked seeing Kevan Lannister stepping out of Tywin's shadow and giving Cersei some shit.

House Martell also provided much intrigue. Prince Doran seemingly useless for much of the book, before we're finally given a glimpse of his secret plotting and maneuvers. Quentyn Martell now shaping as a major player.

Euron and Victarion are awesome. PIRATES!! The dragon horn is interesting, as is Victarion's quest to capture Daenerys.

I just got A Dance With Dragons. Woo! Daenerys chapters!

No more books in the series after this one (for a few years, at least).

I think I'll read something more manly afterwards. Too much of this fantasy stuff might result in me actually sitting down and reading Lord of the Rings or something equally as frightening.

I just got A Dance With Dragons. Woo! Daenerys chapters!

No more books in the series after this one (for a few years, at least).

I think I'll read something more manly afterwards. Too much of this fantasy stuff might result in me actually sitting down and reading Lord of the Rings or something equally as frightening.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159102594X/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

It's awesome. Even darker as ASOIAF. The best character is a torturer. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...