A Game of Thrones [WARNING - SPOILERS WITHIN]

st0n3r

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was lifted from the book. Fans complained about how they cut the scene where she assists Jaqen in the escape from Harrenhal so they wrote it how she kills the guy exactly as she did in the book.

I hope they play up Arya/Hound team as well as they did with Jamie and Brienne.

I am getting worried that the series will end before the last book is even out. The next book is probably sitting on a 2016 release date.

That was lifted from the book. Fans complained about how they cut the scene where she assists Jaqen in the escape from Harrenhal so they wrote it how she kills the guy exactly as she did in the book.

I hope they play up Arya/Hound team as well as they did with Jamie and Brienne.

I am getting worried that the series will end before the last book is even out. The next book is probably sitting on a 2016 release date.

i thought the winds of winter was supposed to come out next year? 2016 would suck :lol:

im think the show will finish before the books. martin supposedly told the producers of the show the last major plots so if he died or whatever the story could be finished.

i think it will depend how they break the books up into seasons and how long they plan on running the show for.

Edited by bran

Not a bad final ep.

If I had a minor complaint about the show, it would be how the Stannis character compares to the books. Stannis is a fuckin boss in the books. He still has his moments on the show (he had some awesome lines in the battle of blackwater) but also seems a bit weak and easily controlled by others.

Charles Dance still the kingliest king in the show. That cold stare would make me shit my pants if he ever used it on me.

Yeah, Stannis seems to be more controlled on the show than he was in the books. I am hoping he becomes more of a boss.

And for those who caught up with the books

I wish GRRM would have given us a one on one battle between Stannis and Tywin. The two are exceptional commanders, I feel Tywin caught Stannis off guard at Blackwater because he did not know Tywin was moving against him as he was believed to be caught up with fighting Robb Stark and the Blackfish and Tyrion had his mountain men slaughter sentries as they guard the roads. You keep hearing about Stannis defeating the Ironborn at sea, which is not easy, and how he defeated the Wildlings who had 20 times his numbers. And he seems confident in his battle against the Boltons/Freys

After watching al-l 3 seasons, I fucking LOVE this show!

Really need to get the books and start into them.

you will love the books. quite a few differences from the show, plus you get more battles that were cut or not shown on the show as well. you can get the first 4 books on ebay for about 35-40 dollars but you will still need to buy the fifth book, which on ebay is about 15 dollars.

Edited by bran

The battles in the book are sick. They did a great job with Blackwater on the show, but the actual battle in the book was sick.

yeah the battles are great. i just wish we could have seen some on the show, i know with budgets and all that but battle of the whispering wood would have been cool to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Stannis didn't really become "bad ass" until the last two books imo......

Agreed, following the Blackwater he was quite weak in the books until he goes to the Wall, for me it is only after that point he becomes a badass. However I will admit the show makes him seem much more controlled when compared to the books, several times in the books he disagrees with Melissandre/ seems disinterested and lacking focus while the show makes it seem like he is a follower of the Lord of Light throughout.

Stannis didn't really become "bad ass" until the last two books imo......

Agreed, following the Blackwater he was quite weak in the books until he goes to the Wall, for me it is only after that point he becomes a badass. However I will admit the show makes him seem much more controlled when compared to the books, several times in the books he disagrees with Melissandre/ seems disinterested and lacking focus while the show makes it seem like he is a follower of the Lord of Light throughout.

I know he agreed with Melissandre about sacrificing his nephew. But hopefully once he gets to The Wall he will become that bad ass.

I loved how in Blackwater he climbed the walls and started hacking away. In the book Stannis was at the rear commanding the army, he wasn't like Robb Stark who was said to fight with his men.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

Anyone who isn't normally into fantasy stuff like LOTR enjoy this? I'm wondering if I should even give it a chance.

a couple of people who do not like fantasy stuff i work with love the show.

Yeah, I'd throw myself into that category. It has strong elements of fantasy, but the show's appeal, for me at least, has more to do with the elements of political drama. The many moments of shocking violence and gratuitous female nudity also helps. :)

I had a hard time getting into the LOTR and never bothered reading any fantasy books (always seemed stupid, though I did enjoy watching the first Hobbit movie). And I had my suspicions when I started watching the show two years ago. I'd suggest watching a couple of episodes and see if it's your thing. Best thing I can compare it to is the show Rome, so if you enjoyed that show you should be able to enjoy GoT.

• 3 weeks later...