OFFICIAL Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Thread-First post vid

Birk

I don't think Izzy is that afraid of media attention. The guy certainly doesn't provoke it like some other stars though. He was keen to be a part of Velvet Revolver until he saw potential headaches with Scott being there. I think he just doesn't like the stress of working with difficult people

I read somewhere the other day that the reason he quit the band was because Axl handed him a contract telling him where on the stage he could and couldn't stand!

Izzy will always be my favourite member. He's an enigma and in my opinion was the heart and soul of the band. If Izzy had been allowed to make more decisions I think the whole sorry history of Guns N' Roses would have been much different

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Izzy is that afraid of media attention. The guy certainly doesn't provoke it like some other stars though. He was keen to be a part of Velvet Revolver until he saw potential headaches with Scott being there. I think he just doesn't like the stress of working with difficult people

I read somewhere the other day that the reason he quit the band was because Axl handed him a contract telling him where on the stage he could and couldn't stand!

Izzy will always be my favourite member. He's an enigma and in my opinion was the heart and soul of the band. If Izzy had been allowed to make more decisions I think the whole sorry history of Guns N' Roses would have been much different

"Where on stage he could and couldn't stand?" :huh:

Please don't go there and even try to pretend you know what Izzy wants cause not even God knows! :xmassrudolph:

Thank you. :)

If this is a fact, pretty crazy

People say stuff like he's off riding his bike or doing nothing etc but he has released 11 studio albums since leaving GNR. His output is huge compared to every other original member

He probably just wanted money to pay for his expenses to he to all the shows he was playing at. I'm guessing when fans knew Izzy was playing shows ticket sales increased, nobody considers the help he actually have Axl

Writing on my phone, excuse the autocorrect typing errors

Writing on my phone, excuse the autocorrect typing errors

Even though they're not IN GN'R anymore, they are being inducted AS GN'R

What? They are? Here's how I understand it: Guns N' Roses is being inducted based on the band's achievements in the 80's and 90's and hence some current and former members who were integral to those accomplishments are invited to the induction ceremony and will accept the award.

If some of these former members were to play during the induction ceremony it would be as a tribute to Guns N' Roses, not AS Guns N' Roses.

Edited by SoulMonster

Even though they're not IN GN'R anymore, they are being inducted AS GN'R

What? They are? Here's how I understand it: Guns N' Roses is being inducted based on the band's achievements in the 80's and 90's and hence some current and former members who were integral to those accomplishments are invited to the induction ceremony and will accept the award.

If some of these former members were to play during the induction ceremony it would be as a tribute to Guns N' Roses, not AS Guns N' Roses.

Yes,in the doubtful event that any Alumni participate in playing any GNR song they are not magically transformed into membership status. They are still Alumni.

As frustrating as it is, Izzy has probably just come to realize that anything associated with 'old gnr' is awkward and uncomfortable because of how Axl wants nothing to do with it. It's like a father who remarries and just cuts off all contact with his original family. Family reunions, or birthdays/funerals, whatever, would be weird and uncomfortable.

All Axl wants from the past are the songs. Without those he'd be somewhat fucked when it comes to his live shows :D

Interesting to see no one's posted a happy birthday Izzy thread yet. I posted one in pretty much every forum I'm a part of except this one because I assumed someone else would pick up the slack. :xmassrudolph:

THIS!!!! I just woke up 2 hours ago and I logged into the form expecting a B-Day thread but nothing! Have people honestly forgotten...?

Sorry, I don´t mean to seem rude but that statement sounds ridiculous! I´ve been a fan since the old days and from what I remember (from what was said back in the day) Izzy left because he couldn´t deal too well with the big machine GNR had become. He´s more into music/playing than into the rock star stuff.

Guest Len B'stard

Izzys got the fuckin sense to understand that these things are just fuckin embarrassing. And all this owe it to the fans bollocks is just a load of fuckin shit, talk about an inflated sense of your own importance, i rate Izzy, he's the one out of all of them lot that just comes across as a cool sort of bloke and not some head-up-his-own-arse twat.

Izzys got the fuckin sense to understand that these things are just fuckin embarrassing. And all this owe it to the fans bollocks is just a load of fuckin shit, talk about an inflated sense of your own importance, i rate Izzy, he's the one out of all of them lot that just comes across as a cool sort of bloke and not some head-up-his-own-arse twat.

Would you be saying that if the Sex Pistols hadn't blown 'em off? :lol: