Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Recent downtime due to account suspended

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Guest_gunns5_*

Guest_gunns5_*
  • Guests
  • --

I've just reactivated using Google Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum

If you reactivated using google ad revenue, then you aren't really putting up your own money to run the forum, as you can reactivate the forum with google ad revenue, right?
So therefore, as long as the forum exists, you receive revenue from the ads which in turn, allows you to pay the hosting biills.
I'm just trying to make sense of this

Edited by gunns5, 26 April 2012 - 07:45 PM.

Chloe

Chloe

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts
  • 01-December 11

Why even bother with this place? Eric posts like 10 times a year total (the only time you can count on him to post is to bitch about not wanting to pay when the server shuts off each April), can't be bothered to fix broken shit like the search, and is clearly not interested in this site or the user base. This is just a repeat of April 2011, and with that I will see you all to bitch about this in 2013~

Seeya in 2013

Posted Image

:rofl-lol:

saber_

saber_

Axl Internet PR

• SILVER
  • 6,267 posts
  • 04-January 09
Looks like the ability to be a guest is back, cool. (i have no idea why i prefer browsing threads as a guest, but for some eccentric reason i dig it)

"THEN COME ON NOW LET'S GOOO OOOO OOOO  OOOO OOOO!"

Drakestar

Drakestar

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • 06-February 06

Looks like the ability to be a guest is back, cool. (i have no idea why i prefer browsing threads as a guest, but for some eccentric reason i dig it)

me too!

Axl Rose aka God

Axl Rose aka God

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • 04-September 06
I think you should look into adding a banner at the top with a donation goal, sort of like Wikipedia does. Perhaps offer incentive, such as if the goal is reached by the end of the year buying someone GN'R merch or something -shrug-
Posted Image

SunnyDRE

SunnyDRE

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 14,534 posts
  • 07-October 07

Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

exactly.

@eric,

Hey listen dude, I know you only charge supporters $5 to take advantage of certain features, but I would be willing to pay more than that...not necessarily for the features all together, but just to support the forum.

i am not talking about buying this forum from you or even special treatment; what i'm saying is, i don't mind throwing a few more dollars to a site i like to post on to help for server cost or whatever.

i'm sure i am not the only poster who feels that way. eric stop beating around the bush and let some us who realize the value of the site help you.

not all of us are 18 with no job or poor....no offense to the youngsters...or the poor.

0dh3.jpg

I thought you would never..
Find another ..
Love again.....

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,031 posts
  • 13-August 11
Search function?

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 14,635 posts
  • 28-January 11
I like this forum because it's all black, grey and white so it basically helps my eyes a lot :)

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

rocker rockstar

rocker rockstar

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • 22-March 07
I thought I was banned or something. Could not get in tell now. I did try some on 4/26.

username

username

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,735 posts
  • 08-January 04

Should have let Subsy take it over last year.

Might not be too late for that. Call UK Subs!

Any chance of you being a little more transparent on the matter?

i,e how much it costs to run the forum per month, what ad revenue you bring in, and therefore how much the shortfall is. Then people just may be able to do something about it. No point just suspending the forum and saying "you're thru with funding it out your own pocket",

Just my 2 cents

LA

Agreed! I think this would help a LOT in gaining understanding and support. Not to mention bring down all the bitching about it.
If you (eric) really are pouring so much money into this (for the record - I'm not implying that you don't), there shouldn't be any problem in explaining it.

Why even bother with this place? Eric posts like 10 times a year total (the only time you can count on him to post is to bitch about not wanting to pay when the server shuts off each April), can't be bothered to fix broken shit like the search, and is clearly not interested in this site or the user base. This is just a repeat of April 2011, and with that I will see you all to bitch about this in 2013~

Did you build your own mechanical Japanese girlfriend yet?

Edited by username, 27 April 2012 - 05:52 AM.

Three hour meeting starts NOW!!!

UcudBmine

UcudBmine

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
  • 24-May 07
Eric, could you please explain this? (note this is not my post)

*Gunsguy edit, if another forum admin would like to speak about Eric he can do so on HIS forum or email Eric.

We don't relay messages to other forums to start some bullshit "forum wars"

Edited by gunsguy, 27 April 2012 - 08:45 PM.
another admin knows it all

zq7k.jpg

Nobodys_Fault

Nobodys_Fault

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts
  • 14-January 07

I've just reactivated using Googld Ad revenue. I'm thru putting up my own money to run a Forum wich benefits the band but leaves an individual with the losses (me).

The Google Ad revenue is generated BY the forum. God forbid you would have to dip into your profit margin to keep a fan forum running. A forum that you only ever stop to post on to complain about how it's not making you any money.

Get off the fucking cross Romano.

Lithium

Lithium

Do you even Lith?

• SILVER
  • 22,554 posts
  • 09-October 05
Posted Image

Siamese Democracy

Siamese Democracy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • 30-March 12
I thought I read somewhere once that GNR pays the hosting fees for another unofficial forum.

Guest_gunns5_*

Guest_gunns5_*
  • Guests
  • --

I thought I read somewhere once that GNR pays the hosting fees for another unofficial forum.

universal did for one , not sure if it still does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users