Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Official Blu-Ray Thread

• Please log in to reply
2171 replies to this topic

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,939 posts
  • 28-January 11

f54f.jpg

:headbang:

qlq4.jpg

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,798 posts
  • 06-February 10

Got my "Stones in the Park" and "Let's Spend the Night Together" Japanese blu-rays last night and am very happy with them.

The Stones in the park is not 16:9 as claimed on the cdJapan site but actually 4:3 as I would have expected but they used a nice clean print so the picture quality is surprising good as long as you can deal with the grain from the old film. Sound track is mono but is very clean and sound good in multichannel stereo mode.

The LSTNT Blu-ray picture quality is stellar but the 5.1HD soundtrack is a little dull to my ears but not terrible if you crank it. Sounds like they might have speed corrected the video but I need to compare it to my old DVD version.

Worth the price if your a Stones fan IMHO

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 14,177 posts
  • 17-February 06

Got my "Stones in the Park" and "Let's Spend the Night Together" Japanese blu-rays last night and am very happy with them.

The Stones in the park is not 16:9 as claimed on the cdJapan site but actually 4:3 as I would have expected but they used a nice clean print so the picture quality is surprising good as long as you can deal with the grain from the old film. Sound track is mono but is very clean and sound good in multichannel stereo mode.

The LSTNT Blu-ray picture quality is stellar but the 5.1HD soundtrack is a little dull to my ears but not terrible if you crank it. Sounds like they might have speed corrected the video but I need to compare it to my old DVD version.

Worth the price if your a Stones fan IMHO

So what is the price?

13978513873_30aa82e9a0_z.jpg

Hamilton '10 | Wilkes-Barre '11 | Hamilton '11 | New York '12 x2 | Buffalo '13 | Brooklyn '13 | New York '13 | Bethlehem '14 | Las Vegas '14 x3
MyGNR's official Iron Maiden fanatic! US x20 | Canada x7 | Sweden x3 | Norway | Wales | N. Ireland | England x4 | Russia x2 | Finland | Romania | Turkey | Croatia

Maiden England 2014: Poznan | Norrköping | Bergen | Luxembourg | Arras | Knebworth

classicrawker

classicrawker

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 6,798 posts
  • 06-February 10

With EMS expedited shipping it was 9100 yen or $87.00 with the shipping   costing  1500 yen which is similar to getting it FedEx'd to you............I had it within 3days from the time it shipped from Japan

Each title was like $38 before shipping but considering it is the only way I know for  us Yankee Stones fans to get these titles on Region A blu-ray it was worth it to me...............

IT IS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SLASH FAN!

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 28,672 posts
  • 10-July 07
12 Years a Slave
Dallas Buyers Club

highvoltage ruined my signature

:max: 

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,939 posts
  • 28-January 11

I'm waiting for a price drop. Both of them will be $17.99, right? I'm hoping Amazon PM BestBuy.

qlq4.jpg

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 28,672 posts
  • 10-July 07
Yeah, next week.

There's an email for Frys to get 12 Years a Slave for $15 after some promo code in store and I got one of my old friends at Best Buy to price match it :)

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 16,365 posts
  • 24-February 06

Several Godzilla blu-rays starting to show up for preorder!

• Powerage5 likes this

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,699 posts
  • 13-August 11

Like....

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 28,672 posts
  • 10-July 07

Like....

New ones: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=237896

Full list: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=235679

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,699 posts
  • 13-August 11

Like....

New ones: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=237896

Full list: http://forum.blu-ray...ad.php?t=235679

Lets hope there's an option for Japanese audio. And new dubbing because the dubbing on the Tri Star releases were horrible.

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• Supporters
  • 12,939 posts
  • 28-January 11

Why should I get them?

qlq4.jpg

Zint

Zint

• Supporters
  • 16,365 posts
  • 24-February 06

Why should I get them?

I was just pointing out the pre-orders. Personally, I'll get the two Universal releases King Kong vs Godzilla and King Kong Escapes. After that I'm waiting until reviews are in on the other Godzilla ones, then I'll decide from there. It would be fun to have a Godzilla blu collection, I'm a fan of those movies.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 28,672 posts
  • 10-July 07

Got my Hunger Games steels. Pretty nice :)

Will probably be getting American Hustle next week and Wolf of Wall Street the following week.

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 14,699 posts
  • 13-August 11

Couple weeks ago I got Seven Samurai. Greatest movie ever made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users