Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Official Blu-Ray Thread

• Please log in to reply
2392 replies to this topic

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,809 posts
  • 13-August 11

My blu ray collection has grown considerably over the last year. Only DVD's I bet are rarities unavailable on blu ray.

Powerage5

Powerage5

2013 Death Pool Champ

• MOD SQUAD
  • 16,487 posts
  • 17-February 06

If a film is listed as Region B, with Regions A and C untested on Blu-Ray.com, is there really any way to find out if it'll play on a Region A player without just blind-buying it and hoping it works? I'm trying to figure out what version of [REC] 4 I'm going to end up buying. It appears there's 4 releases; UK, France, Germany, and Spain. On top of the region coding, I need to get an edition that has English subtitles as well. The info on Blu-Ray.com is pretty sparse for all editions:

- UK: Audio TBA, Subtitles nothing listed (I'm sure English will be an option on this one), Playback Region B (A & C untested)

- France: Audio TBA, Subtitles None (Listed as such), Playback Region B (A & C untested)

- Spain: Audio Spanish, Subtitles Spanish & English, Playback Region B (A & C untested)

- Germany: Audio Spanish & German, Subtitles None (Listed as such), Playback Region B (A & C untested)

My gut tells me the Spanish edition will be the way to go. For what it's worth, I went with the Spanish edition of [REC] 2 and that was region-free and with English subtitles - of course that doesn't necessarily mean that'll be the case here but it's a good sign. That edition of [REC] 2 is also only listed as Region B playback on Amazon.es, so Amazon isn't even a reliable source for this information it seems. 

Thoughts?

Raykugen

Raykugen

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • 27-September 12

http://www.amazon.es..._tl&tag=b053-21

Region free and English subtitles.

And some info about the uk edition: http://www.amazon.co...&keywords=rec 4

Edited by Raykugen, 17 January 2015 - 05:36 PM.

• Powerage5 likes this

I cannot answer the question concerning why GNR sites are lacking promotion. That would be a question for their genius manager.... let's leave it at that.

r8vyw8.jpg30i95qf.png

Georgy Zhukov

Georgy Zhukov

Marshal of the Soviet Union

• SILVER
  • 16,809 posts
  • 13-August 11

Was going to get The Phantom of the Opera (1925) on Blu Ray than I found out it is only available in a different region. Pisses me off. Like the Hammer films.

Bumblefeet

Bumblefeet

Foot fetishist

• SILVER
  • 639 posts
  • 31-December 12

If a film is listed as Region B, with Regions A and C untested on Blu-Ray.com, is there really any way to find out if it'll play on a Region A player without just blind-buying it and hoping it works?

Best way to check is trying to find a product page where the region code is listed or a shot of the back cover. Most releases over here get region locked and watch out for forced subtitles with french releases. Always look for reviews or fora threads. If you are someone who wants to get the best version of a movie, I highly recommend getting a region free player. It is liberating.

sig.png

lukepowell1988

lukepowell1988

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts
  • 05-September 11
Juat brought and started watching the star wars saga blu ray set got it brand new and sealed for £20 on ebay :)

Guns "N" Roses !!!

Nosaj Thing

Nosaj Thing

最期の終止符

• SILVER
  • 16,352 posts
  • 28-January 11

vtKef8h.jpg

BjdC52G.jpg

• NachoLZ likes this

Posted Image

Goddamn it! Fuckin' Game of Thrones, man.

Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath

MYGNR Town Sheriff

• MOD SQUAD
  • 30,181 posts
  • 10-July 07
Shit artwork on the steelbook. Hate that poster after seeing the movie. Will probably get the other edition.

ot262o.png

MYGNRFORUM Store

"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothin'." - Robin Williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users