Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

"Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11

Despite the fact that Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996, his association with the band lingers, at least as far as certain member of the media are concerned.

This lawsuit is one of the dumbest things Axl has ever pulled.

Only if he loses. Pretty smart if he wins if you ask me. I'd take a free $20 million.

The lawsuit itself makes sense to file as Activision lied to Axl (as it's claimed) but for Axl to repeatedly email Activision asking and making sure that Slash/VR's image won't be used in the game because it will "distort perception of the band's image" is ridiculous. Slash is a huge part of GNR's image and if Axl cares THAT much about changing that, he could start by releasing his own music, making public appearances, and doing band-like things. All of those would work better then filing lawsuits to attempt to discontinue Slash's association with GNR's legacy.

At the trial, Axl (sure he won't be there, but he should attend) should be asked: 'if your focus is for the future, the future of your new band, why did not simply offer a song by the current line up?'.

gnr_zps958a9313.png

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,453 posts
  • 13-February 06

Despite the fact that Slash had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses' ongoing popularity and success since 1996, his association with the band lingers, at least as far as certain member of the media are concerned.

Only if he loses. Pretty smart if he wins if you ask me. I'd take a free $20 million.

The lawsuit itself makes sense to file as Activision lied to Axl (as it's claimed) but for Axl to repeatedly email Activision asking and making sure that Slash/VR's image won't be used in the game because it will "distort perception of the band's image" is ridiculous. Slash is a huge part of GNR's image and if Axl cares THAT much about changing that, he could start by releasing his own music, making public appearances, and doing band-like things. All of those would work better then filing lawsuits to attempt to discontinue Slash's association with GNR's legacy.

I agree with all of that.
:shrugs:

izzydoezit

izzydoezit

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • 12-April 12

I agree with all of that.

Me too. Well said.

Bobbo

Bobbo

SUPER GOD

• SILVER
  • 3,556 posts
  • 16-March 11

End of thread as far as I'm concerned. Great post.

deepfreeze

deepfreeze

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • 08-October 10
I can't believe Axl's camp is getting their inspiration for an alibi through Abraham Lincoln.

deepfreeze

deepfreeze

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • 08-October 10
It should be pointed that this quote will prove to be extremely ironic if Axl's camp can't use the words from Tim Riley because if it is undocumented hearsay.

shotgunblues1978

shotgunblues1978

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • 21-August 08

It should be pointed that this quote will prove to be extremely ironic if Axl's camp can't use the words from Tim Riley because if it is undocumented hearsay.

You don't know what hearsay is do you?

deepfreeze

deepfreeze

Senior

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • 08-October 10
Not really, but I know what irony is.

WhazUp

WhazUp

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 7,725 posts
  • 29-February 08

Fantastic post, I completely agree

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  • 13-March 06
Slash had nothing to do with Gn'rs ongoing popularity since 1996. It clearly was the steady stream of touring and new material produced by Axl Rose :rolleyes:

Also, of course, Velvet Revolver did nothing to help make the public aware of Gn'rs legacy. No one even knows Slash was in Gnr!

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,453 posts
  • 13-February 06

Slash had nothing to do with Gn'rs ongoing popularity since 1996. It clearly was the steady stream of touring and new material produced by Axl Rose :rolleyes:

Also, of course, Velvet Revolver did nothing to help make the public aware of Gn'rs legacy. No one even knows Slash was in Gnr!

So?

TeeJay410

TeeJay410

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts
  • 13-March 06

So?

The basic claims of the complaint are bull shit. I hope he wins though, get that money Axl!

Posted Image
Now fully aligned with those who must not be named.

Damn_Smooth

Damn_Smooth

Commander Awesome

• SILVER
  • 9,453 posts
  • 13-February 06

So?

The basic claims of the complaint are bull shit. I hope he wins though, get that money Axl!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that payday at all.

dalsh327

dalsh327

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,419 posts
  • 12-December 08

So?

Maybe they're bullshit, but it's all about what was agreed on. As soon as Axl found out Slash was going to be involved, knowing he agreed to continue licensing songs to them, he prob. didn't have anything in writing and it's just a flurry of emails and lawyers letters that Activision went "okay, we'll take care of that later".

vaida

vaida

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • 19-November 11

I can't believe Axl's camp is getting their inspiration for an alibi through Abraham Lincoln.

:D

gnr_zps958a9313.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users