Slash Themed Pawn Stars Episode To Air Tonight

Death Star

could rick have bought it anyhow? is it legal to own someone elses drivers license or sell it?

Pretty sure once it's expired it's legal. I know for certain I have seen them for sale at major auctions, but it's usually for someone that's dead.

I had a funny feeling the guy was going to ask for some outragous figure. As someone in the industry I always find the following two groups of people to be awesome in ways words cannot describe.

-The people that have something nominally rare or cool, such as this license and have decided in their heads they are worth ungodly amounts of money when the reality is they are not. Then they cling to that belief in spite of all possible evidence proving them wrong.

-The people that have a diamond encrusted 2 pound hunk of gold, and go completely nuts when they hear it's worth a shitload of money like it was the most amazing thing they have ever heard.

Edited by Saltzy

I would say at a major RnR auction it would go for something like $1,000-$1,250, meaning at a pawn shop you'd be lucky to get $500 for it.

I like how he went down from $50k to $15k in a span of 20 seconds.

Just think. If that license is worth $50k(or even $15k for that matter) what is someone like Obama's or Michael Jordan's worth? That is what these people fail to understand.

Edited by Saltzy

Is there a pic of it anywhere?

http://fbcdn-sphotos...669084010_n.jpg

Just being honest. This does absolutley nothing for me.

It's a novelty item.

Unless it's someting connecting him with his craft, or GnR in general I'm not sure why anyone would want this, or even be into this sorta thing in general.

I mean, I have seen some of Mickey Mantle's credit cards go for thousands. I just don't get the allure I guess.

...and this is coming from a guy who actively collects memorabilia too.

Edited by Saltzy

I read Rick's book a couple of months ago, pretty interesting how they were able to get the shop up and running in Vegas, and the changes they've had to make with the success of the show. He mentioned some really interesting things that came through their shop that wouldn't happen anywhere else. He brought up it was in a sketchy section of Vegas, and that most of the guys on the show can't work in the shop anymore, but will pose with fans, or it has to be a really interesting item for Rick and his dad to come out.

Some people go on the show just to get the stuff appraised on TV.

It's a novelty item.

Unless it's someting connecting him with his craft, or GnR in general I'm not sure why anyone would want this, or even be into this sorta thing in general.

I mean, I have seen some of Mickey Mantle's credit cards go for thousands. I just don't get the allure I guess.

How much do people usually charge for appraising?

Slash had a bunch of stuff auctioned - I'm sure some things went for big money, and some things they couldn't give away. The t-shirts worn at shows must've gone pretty fast because they're always in demand and people will pay hundreds for an original. One worn by Slash at a GNR concert would be worth more to someone than his ID card.

It's a novelty item.

How much do people usually charge for appraising?

Slash had a bunch of stuff auctioned - I'm sure some things went for big money, and some things they couldn't give away. The t-shirts worn at shows must've gone pretty fast because they're always in demand and people will pay hundreds for an original. One worn by Slash at a GNR concert would be worth more to someone than his ID card.

The easiest way to determine how much something is actually worth these days?

An ebay auction with an absurdly high reserve price that has no realistic chance of ever being met.

I've done it a few times. Costs you a few bucks, but works like a charm.

Slash only weighed 150 in 95? I would have thought he had weighed more. The guy say how he obtained it?

Yeah, some chick he knew worked a bar that the band was at one time. They kept asking her to flash them. Eventually she broke down and did, and as a reward, for some reason Slash tossed her his license. The guy said he used the licencse as his fake ID until he was 21, which is pretty cool.

Either way, if this this sold for $4,700, the guy is living in an alternate reality if he thinks his fucking license is worth over $50,000.

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/4846/from/find-lots/

• 2 weeks later...