New Manic Street Preachers song/album

Georgy Zhukov

it's definitely one of their best. They opened with Slash N Burn when I saw them in the early 90s. I saw them at the Leeds festival one year, not sure what then opened with their. Someone made me go see rocket from the crypt but i made it back for the second half.

I was pleased how many they did from THB (3!!) plus a couple of other less well known songs. The hard cores are whinging about the set list on the message boards though! Nearly as much as they do here!
What do they want to hear?

They do have a solid catalogue. Rewind and Postcards added to the GH. Then if you think of songs they didn't play its an impossible task.

it's definitely one of their best. They opened with Slash N Burn when I saw them in the early 90s. I saw them at the Leeds festival one year, not sure what then opened with their. Someone made me go see rocket from the crypt but i made it back for the second half.

I was pleased how many they did from THB (3!!) plus a couple of other less well known songs. The hard cores are whinging about the set list on the message boards though! Nearly as much as they do here!

They do have a solid catalogue. Rewind and Postcards added to the GH. Then if you think of songs they didn't play its an impossible task.

The hard cores pretty much want the THB + JFPL in their entirety and motorcycle emptiness :lol:

To be fair most have said the recent sets have been pretty good and varied - but a few don't like anything that was a commercial success (except motorcycle!!)

They do have a large back catalogue to choose from though - so I don't suppose they could ever please everyone!

The hard cores pretty much want the THB + JFPL in their entirety and motorcycle emptiness :lol:

To be fair most have said the recent sets have been pretty good and varied - but a few don't like anything that was a commercial success (except motorcycle!!)

They do have a large back catalogue to choose from though - so I don't suppose they could ever please everyone!

Show me the Wonder

You Stole the Sun from me Heart

is genius though. get it bouncin'

i think the hardcores really miss who the Manics are really. Yes, Richey was much more of a "Kurt Cobain" as an icon but that was never the whole story.

I think it's a nice spread across all the albums. the cream rises to the top.

Show me the Wonder

You Stole the Sun from me Heart

is genius though. get it bouncin'

i think the hardcores really miss who the Manics are really. Yes, Richey was much more of a "Kurt Cobain" as an icon but that was never the whole story.

I think it's a nice spread across all the albums. the cream rises to the top.

I agree - most of the hardcores (I've not met many to be honest) seem miserable gits who only like the depressing songs - when you consider how few albums Richie is actually on - the more upbeat sounding songs (sound not lyric content!!) are by far the more common on their albums - even the earlier ones (except THB obviously!)

Richey wrote great lyrics and did really good interviews and was very into the presentation of the band.

But I think Everything Must Go and This is My Truth were more successful. It's probably Design for Life and Tolerate that have they have built their career on. Motorcycle Emptiness is like the classic. Faster the cult song.

I see the first three albums as like a trilogy. After that they became more like a normal band. maybe like Joy Division turning into New Order.

Definitely an interesting band who have consistently released decent albums. This is My Truth is one of my favorite albums ever, which is weird as I was pretty sure The Holy Bible was the be end and end all. Holy Bible is like their Exile on the Main street. There's definitely something special about it but you have to be in a certain frame of mind to enjoy it.

Richey wrote great lyrics and did really good interviews and was very into the presentation of the band.

But I think Everything Must Go and This is My Truth were more successful. It's probably Design for Life and Tolerate that have they have built their career on. Motorcycle Emptiness is like the classic. Faster the cult song.

I see the first three albums as like a trilogy. After that they became more like a normal band. maybe like Joy Division turning into New Order.

Definitely an interesting band who have consistently released decent albums. This is My Truth is one of my favorite albums ever, which is weird as I was pretty sure The Holy Bible was the be end and end all. Holy Bible is like their Exile on the Main street. There's definitely something special about it but you have to be in a certain frame of mind to enjoy it.

After Gold Against the Soul I really didn't like THB when it first came out - too dark and distorted for me. I grew to like it but it's not my top pick. I really liked Know Your Enemy and I like the new stuff too - looking forward to the new album.

Motorcycle Emptiness will always be my favourite - as this was my entry to the band - can't believe it came out in 1992 - makes me feel really old!

I bought the Heavenly singles so I was I surprised by Generation Terrorists in that it was like this big major label record, songs like You Love Us, Stay Beautiful, Loves Sweet Exile got over produced but it made sense. But Motorcycle and Little Baby Nothing really made up for it.

I always think of Rumblefish when Motorcycle Emptiness plays, Motorcycle Boy and all that doomed youth.

I just progressed with then band, but I like Know your Enemy as like UYI type stuff. Every record has been a return to form.

Have you heard Black holes for the Young?

I bought the Heavenly singles so I was I surprised by Generation Terrorists in that it was like this big major label record, songs like You Love Us, Stay Beautiful, Loves Sweet Exile got over produced but it made sense. But Motorcycle and Little Baby Nothing really made up for it.

I always think of Rumblefish when Motorcycle Emptiness plays, Motorcycle Boy and all that doomed youth.

I just progressed with then band, but I like Know your Enemy as like UYI type stuff. Every record has been a return to form.

No - was it a b-side? I'm not massive for buying singles so I've not heard many of the b-sides - the manics forums are big for them and are always saying how good they are - but I've only really heard lipstick traces!

Rumblefish is on my to watch list (loved outsiders!) - but not seen it yet :question:

I don't think any of their albums are poor really - apart from the few songs i'm not keen on - I pretty much like all their stuff.

Just listened to it on youtube - with Sophie Ellis-Bextor! - sound's pretty good.

Edited by AndyM

No - was it a b-side? I'm not massive for buying singles so I've not heard many of the b-sides - the manics forums are big for them and are always saying how good they are - but I've only really heard lipstick traces!

Rumblefish is on my to watch list (loved outsiders!) - but not seen it yet :question:

I don't think any of their albums are poor really - apart from the few songs i'm not keen on - I pretty much like all their stuff.

Just listened to it on youtube - with Sophie Ellis-Bextor! - sound's pretty good.

I think a lot of Richey's visual style came from Rumblefish and Last Exit to Brooklyn and of course Apocalypse Now for the Holy Bible. He bought the same make of camera as Dennis Hopper had in that movie. He was really Primo Levi too, hence the Auschwitz pajamas. He also wore the same converse trainers Kurt Cobain had on when he died.

Yeah they basically a decent rock band. sometimes it's more pop rock, sometimes more punk, some times just rock.

I stopped by cd singles after Truth I think. They are still pumping out b-sides I haven't really kept up with them. You Love Us (Heavenly Version) is probably worth checking out.

I think a lot of Richey's visual style came from Rumblefish and Last Exit to Brooklyn and of course Apocalypse Now for the Holy Bible. He bought the same make of camera as Dennis Hopper had in that movie. He was really Primo Levi too, hence the Auschwitz pajamas. He also wore the same converse trainers Kurt Cobain had on when he died.

Yeah they basically a decent rock band. sometimes it's more pop rock, sometimes more punk, some times just rock.

I stopped by cd singles after Truth I think. They are still pumping out b-sides I haven't really kept up with them. You Love Us (Heavenly Version) is probably worth checking out.

I might have a proper look online & download some.

someone posted in a link in this thread to most of the b-sides. I'm not sure if its still active. p.6 maybe pm Chinaski if not.

Edited by wasted

someone posted in a link in this thread to most of the b-sides. I'm not sure if its still active. p.6 maybe pm Chinaski if not.

Found link for rapidshare but file couldn't be found! Oh well - i'll have a look round.

Found link for rapidshare but file couldn't be found! Oh well - i'll have a look round.

Actually a lot of them aren't vital, like the cover of Drowners (live), its alright but more of a yoiutube view. i'll pm you links to some of the better ones.

• Like 1

Actually a lot of them aren't vital, like the cover of Drowners (live), its alright but more of a yoiutube view. i'll pm you links to some of the better ones.

Thanks Wasted - got the PMs!