This is what I miss

classicguns4life

REAL Guns n' Roses was great. Every sane fan miss those good old days too.

Get over yourself.

it's just a rock n roll band.

so why the 10,000 posts defending Axl's every move?

No harm in liking "new" anything but some of your other examples are poorly chosen. If Metallica was just James they could be included. The other bands are better examples but look at their respectove trajectory since the lead singer exerted his ultimate authority..

Metallica is only 2/4 originals.

I don't defend Axl's every move.

I do have to say you have become more open to Axl being at fault lately.

Whilst Mustaine is much more important to Metallica than say Tracii Guns to GN'R, its an insult to call Kirk Hammett a "replacement" and that's coming from someone who believes a Hetfield/Mustaine/Burton/Ulrich lineup would have resulted in one of the greatest bands of all time, or at least until Cliff died.

And even Mustaine got Ellefson back and would take Friedman back anyday if he wanted to rejoin Megadeth so they don't count in your bullshit point either.

Ellefson is one thing but no fuckin' way he trades Chris for Marty.

I guess you don't know his point of view on Friedman and Menza.

Chris is a monster on guitar, his speed and technique are VASTLY superior to Marty's, but I think Marty had/has better phrasing and note choice, some of his stuff is wayyyyy out there. Menza is addicted to meth, Mustaine revealed that in an interview some years back lol.

Axl looks silly with a cig. Doesn't suit him... :huh:

When I made this: :axl92: I came really close to adding a cigarette with the long holder thingy that he used (at least) in Paris, but then decided that my personal dislike of that wasn't worth leaving it in there for all of eternity haha.

We can all miss Guns, Just in our own way. Seems like no matter what line up side people take, other people will have something to diss about it.

But I do agree that Axl seemed like he was having a lot of fun at times during the UYI tour.

i agree. people change, grow up and all that kind of stuff but he was really badass back in the 90's. the UYI tour was magical.

I never know what to make of threads like this.

Aren't they redundant? We obviously love the old stuff. Its what made us fans.

A thread like this is like starting a conversation how a girl was hotter at 19 than she is now at 38. Was that really in dispute?

It seems to me, that the current band hasn't got any interesting info/stuff now, so why doN't we talk whatever the fuck we want?

Is this hurting your butt or what?

Whilst Mustaine is much more important to Metallica than say Tracii Guns to GN'R, its an insult to call Kirk Hammett a "replacement" and that's coming from someone who believes a Hetfield/Mustaine/Burton/Ulrich lineup would have resulted in one of the greatest bands of all time, or at least until Cliff died.

And even Mustaine got Ellefson back and would take Friedman back anyday if he wanted to rejoin Megadeth so they don't count in your bullshit point either.

Chris is a monster on guitar, his speed and technique are VASTLY superior to Marty's, but I think Marty had/has better phrasing and note choice, some of his stuff is wayyyyy out there. Menza is addicted to meth, Mustaine revealed that in an interview some years back lol.

Chris is one hell of a guitarist. But he's great at playing Marty's stuff, while Marty's great at writing it. Too bad Friedman chose to quit.

Chris is one hell of a guitarist. But he's great at playing Marty's stuff, while Marty's great at writing it. Too bad Friedman chose to quit.

Marty said being in Megadeth limited him to one genre, heavy metal. I guess the idiot didn't realize who he was auditioning for when he went in... Amazing solos though.

This is what I miss.....check out Axl having fun with Duff McKagan @ 3m40s. :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCv9k6aL494

I was front row at this show :D

me too man! i was on the rail right by the ramp..opposite side of where he kicked out the fan during whole lotta rosie. his voice was amazing that night...did you think so?

This is what I miss.....check out Axl having fun with Duff McKagan @ 3m40s. :headbang:

me too man! i was on the rail right by the ramp..opposite side of where he kicked out the fan during whole lotta rosie. his voice was amazing that night...did you think so?

Honestly? I thought he sounded before in Seattle the night before. He was more consistent IMO.

I was dead center for both shows, but in Van, by the end of the show we'd moved slightly to the right. The guy who got kicked out was fairly close to us.

Honestly? I thought he sounded before in Seattle the night before. He was more consistent IMO.

I was dead center for both shows, but in Van, by the end of the show we'd moved slightly to the right. The guy who got kicked out was fairly close to us.

i went with 7 friends and i was the only hardcore gnr fan and i was terrified he would have a bad night and i remember being proud of my band that night...but he may have been better in seattle i havent seen any footage of that. but his mood was awesome and i didnt think he looked anything like the state he was in in 2012/13...it makes me seriously think he has a medical issue

I went with 6 other people, for 5 of them it was their first time seeing GnR. We waited outside the venue from about noon until the doors opened. When they were about to open the doors, the security guy at our door was super cool, we told him we'd been there all day and he was like "what the hell, that's crazy!", scanned our tickets and everything beforehand, so when doors opened we bolted straight down the stairs and to the rail.

I think Vancouver and Seattle were 2 of the best shows in 2011. Duff being there gave him a little extra push, I think. I was stoked when Duff came out for Civil War, too, he only did YCBM in Seattle. He added Dust N Bones to his set in Vancouver, too :D

I went with 6 other people, for 5 of them it was their first time seeing GnR. We waited outside the venue from about noon until the doors opened. When they were about to open the doors, the security guy at our door was super cool, we told him we'd been there all day and he was like "what the hell, that's crazy!", scanned our tickets and everything beforehand, so when doors opened we bolted straight down the stairs and to the rail.

I think Vancouver and Seattle were 2 of the best shows in 2011. Duff being there gave him a little extra push, I think. I was stoked when Duff came out for Civil War, too, he only did YCBM in Seattle. He added Dust N Bones to his set in Vancouver, too :D

haha! what did your friends think of the performance?

My dad and me drove to Seattle, then drove to Van after the show (got to the hotel sometime around 5 AM I think) and met up with my girlfriend, my mom and my brother. My brother hates the "new" band but he's been a fan of DJ since the Heroin Diaries Soundtrack came out, so he was stoked to get to see him, and came away from the show with a better appreciation for the new guys, but he still doesn't really care for them. My mom has been to 2 more GnR shows since Vancouver, it's safe to say she liked the show. My girlfriend had a blast, loved every bit of it, was stoked as hell when Bumble gave her his pick. (In Seattle, Bumble handed me his pick at the end of Whole Lotta Rosie, so it's cool that we've both got one). My dad agrees that Seattle was better than Vancouver, but neither show matched the first one we saw in Calgary 2010. (The early 2010 stage set-up was cool as fuck too, waaaay better than the ones that've followed).

We met up with my buddies at the venue, they've both been Guns fans about as long as I have, and they had a blast. One of them got the LOADED set-list from the stage and some picks. I got the LOADED set-list in Seattle, it was cool that my friend got one too :) What'd your friends think of it?

My dad and me drove to Seattle, then drove to Van after the show (got to the hotel sometime around 5 AM I think) and met up with my girlfriend, my mom and my brother. My brother hates the "new" band but he's been a fan of DJ since the Heroin Diaries Soundtrack came out, so he was stoked to get to see him, and came away from the show with a better appreciation for the new guys, but he still doesn't really care for them. My mom has been to 2 more GnR shows since Vancouver, it's safe to say she liked the show. My girlfriend had a blast, loved every bit of it, was stoked as hell when Bumble gave her his pick. (In Seattle, Bumble handed me his pick at the end of Whole Lotta Rosie, so it's cool that we've both got one). My dad agrees that Seattle was better than Vancouver, but neither show matched the first one we saw in Calgary 2010. (The early 2010 stage set-up was cool as fuck too, waaaay better than the ones that've followed).

We met up with my buddies at the venue, they've both been Guns fans about as long as I have, and they had a blast. One of them got the LOADED set-list from the stage and some picks. I got the LOADED set-list in Seattle, it was cool that my friend got one too :) What'd your friends think of it?

wow! You have some amazing stories form those shows, you are very lucky!! Everyone i was with walked away really impressed with Axl and thought it was strange there was so much bad press about him being late and always pissed off etc...he really was in a great mood at the vancouver show. one friend did say she thought his voice got better as the show went on. i was right on the rail so i got amazing videos and during Patience he walked up the ramp right in front of us and me and my gf yelled out " we love you axl " and he looked right at us and gave us that grin....never forget it!

wow! You have some amazing stories form those shows, you are very lucky!! Everyone i was with walked away really impressed with Axl and thought it was strange there was so much bad press about him being late and always pissed off etc...he really was in a great mood at the vancouver show. one friend did say she thought his voice got better as the show went on. i was right on the rail so i got amazing videos and during Patience he walked up the ramp right in front of us and me and my gf yelled out " we love you axl " and he looked right at us and gave us that grin....never forget it!

I thought he got better as he went along in Van, too.

In Seattle, after he screamed "Do you know where you are!?!" and walked out to the front of the runway, everyone's screaming along, and he does the "You're in the jungle... You're gonna diiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!" part, sees me also doing the dragged out "diiiiiieeeee" scream and points right at me like, "Fuck yeah!". There's a video on youtube with the first 4 songs or so from the show, you see him do it pretty well. Also, after Sorry, me and the guy beside me started chanting for Shackler's, they heard us and played it before Estranged. That was pretty sweet. And then during Estranged we held up inflatable dolphins :lol:

I didn't get any videos, took a ton of photos in Seattle but couldn't charge my camera afterwards so I only got a few pictures from Vancouver <_<

Be happy there were good old days. Nothing lasts forever and even if the original members were together in GNR things would be different.

Everyone is older and they all look and sound different. It's a fact of life.

Besides, Axl wasn't too happy the last years of the band and the other members were either drinking or drugging themselves to death. What was so good about those days? They are all lucky to be alive.

Yeah, the band was amazing, but the side effects to that rock and roll life was not healthy for any of them.

The music will always be there and live on and that's what is most important.

In Seattle, after he screamed "Do you know where you are!?!" and walked out to the front of the runway, everyone's screaming along, and he does the "You're in the jungle... You're gonna diiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!" part, sees me also doing the dragged out "diiiiiieeeee" scream and points right at me like, "Fuck yeah!". There's a video on youtube with the first 4 songs or so from the show, you see him do it pretty well.

That is very cool! Looks like you're correct from this video (:36 in), if you can bear to listen to it over all the screaming girls:

Marty said being in Megadeth limited him to one genre, heavy metal. I guess the idiot didn't realize who he was auditioning for when he went in... Amazing solos though.

What's funny is that he didn't start recording reggae and ska afterwards. And I don't see what would have prevented him from recording solo albums or taking part in side projects.