RIP Layne Staley / Layne Discussion

Forsaken

I realize not everyone on here is old like me&didn't have the chance to see the real AIC live and while Duvall is good he's no Layne (then again, who is?) I get a laugh when people say they are going to see Alice In Chains these days. I guess you are seeing them in name only though.

They're still half original members - it's not Jerry and Sean's fault that two guys are dead.

Not to mention Inez has been in the band since 1993 so he's as much of a full fledged Alice member as Sean and Jerry in my books. Also, the band has continued making music. New albums followed by tours in which new material is played. That's definitely keeping the Alice name alive. Nothing can replace Layne's unique voice, but both albums with Duvall have stayed very true to the Alice sound and they're still awesome in concert.

I've got several news clips on VHS from the show, one of the clips is a brief interview with Sean and Mike. If I remember correctly, they were both geeking out over opening for the reunited KISS. Especially Sean, who had an armful of records to get signed.

• Like 1

LSMS...love your sig.

Many here got the Mad Season album? I'm not that familiar with it.

Thank you.

I saw it in Sean's drum set and thought it was a cool homage to LS and MS :)

They were such a cool band (and still are!).... so sad that Layne and Starr were gone too soon.

Here's my fav video from Mad Season (besides River of Deceit):

Lifeless Dead and I don't know anything

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone here remember ohmydistortedsmile79 who used to post here? he used to always say how he thought layne staley had the best voice of all time. he was definitely up there. it's sad to think of how drugs destroyed such a wonderful talent at such a young age.

anyone here remember ohmydistortedsmile79 who used to post here? he used to always say how he thought layne staley had the best voice of all time. he was definitely up there. it's sad to think of how drugs destroyed such a wonderful talent at such a young age.

Yeah I remember him. He had some serious love for Layne and AIC... still not sure why he deleted his account, he was an intelligent poster too. Always good discussions.