is it important for you to make friends on here?

ColdHeartBreaker

I think we all came here in the beginning for one reason -- GN'R. After years and years of conversing with the same people, our close knit community has grown together and it feels like some sort of odd interwebs familia. Especially with those that have been here 10+ years. During this time i've gotten to know a lot of certain individuals one on one and would have never thought I would have when first joining here. Chatting with people who live overseas and in completely different areas, that share the same interests is pretty cool. Like P4A said, you click with certain people and others you don't, and could see myself clicking with those same people IRL.

Is it IMPORTANT to make friends on here? It's not important, but it's an added plus. I like to get along with as many people on here as possible.

• Like 4

Myself included! ;) But you are always respectful, which I think is important. Even in my worst arguments with Madison for example, I always tried not to cross a certain line. With some people it's harder to do than with others, especially if you feel they really don't deserve any consideration for your respect.

Spot on...;)

I think we've all "lost it" a little at one point or another....but we at least try to be respectful the vast majority of the time.

And come to think of it....I think I've known you longer than most of my relationships have lasted...crazy, when you think about it..... :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

I've gotta say though, there's no one i actively dislike on here? Thats a positive too, you're all alright really, on some level or another, I could share a drink with any of you, no ones like...insufferable to the point of being abhorrent.

I mean lets face it, on here we clash over stupid shit. Bands or political stances or favourite football teams or what have you...but overall how much does that shit matter in real life? I have tons people i know that are amazing friends that I clash with over that shit.

The closest I've ever come to disliking someone on this forum to the point of thinking negative about them is Satanisk and even that never cut it cuz he was alright really...the aspects of his personality that were objectionable were so cartooney and laughable in that sense that it was difficult to really actively dislike him. I don't think I've done that with anyone on this forum.

There's no one on here that I've talked to a bit that I can honestly say I wouldn't buy a drink or chat too or be cool with...the question should be why the fuck would they wanna chat with me :lol: Having a difference of opinion politically or about music or movies or whatever ain't a good enough reason to really dislike some fucker.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 2

I've gotta say though, there's no one i actively dislike on here? Thats a positive too, you're all alright really, on some level or another, I could share a drink with any of you, no ones like...insufferable to the point of being abhorrent.

I mean lets face it, on here we clash over stupid shit. Bands or political stances or favourite football teams or what have you...but overall how much does that shit matter in real life? I have tons people i know that are amazing friends that I clash with over that shit.

The closest I've ever come to disliking someone on this forum to the point of thinking negative about them is Satanisk and even that never cut it cuz he was alright really...the aspects of his personality that were objectionable were so cartooney and laughable in that sense that it was difficult to really actively dislike him. I don't think I've done that with anyone on this forum.

There's no one on here that I've talked to a bit that I can honestly say I wouldn't buy a drink or chat too or be cool with...the question should be why the fuck would they wanna chat with me :lol: Having a difference of opinion politically or about music or movies or whatever ain't a good enough reason to really dislike some fucker.

The funny thing is when I started posting regularly again...over a year ago now....you and I got into it....and I had one too many drinks that day and I had no idea that you were "ffrankwhite" or "DirtyLenny"....so I was thinking to myself, 'Who the heck is this guy?"....and I think I posted some of the most obnoxious things I've ever posted on any message board ever...eventually, we "made up"...and we've been pretty cool with each other ever since....;)

And that's what this forum should be.....eventually, members should let bygones be bygones....and move on.

Guest Len B'stard

The funny thing is when I started posting regularly again...over a year ago now....you and I got into it....and I had one too many drinks that day and I had no idea that you were "ffrankwhite" or "DirtyLenny"....so I was thinking to myself, 'Who the heck is this guy?"....and I think I posted some of the most obnoxious things I've ever posted on any message board ever...eventually, we "made up"...and we've been pretty cool with each other ever since.... ;)

And that's what this forum should be.....eventually, members should let bygones be bygones....and move on.

I actually really like you and I've always really liked you, that shit, about the coke and such, was a massive wind up, like Dazey/Pappy/JD does with me and vice versa, i didn't think you'd start tripping like you did but uh, i did kinda carry it on a bit too far when i saw that you were tripping so, yeah, my fault :lol:

Whats stupid is I was doing a ton of that stuff myself at the time, it's kinda how i knew where you were coming from.

• Like 1

I never joined here with the intent of making friends. I have done though, and am happy to stick around as some people I've gotten to know from here have been really cool, and I think that there'll always be a few others worth getting to know better because of this.

I'm slowly becoming familiar with many regular posters. I like to think that if I was ever lost in a strange place, desperately needing help and I knew of a forum member who lived locally which I felt I could trust, I could rely on them to have my back. :)

I never joined here with the intent of making friends. I have done though, and am happy to stick around as some people I've gotten to know from here have been really cool, and I think that there'll always be a few others worth getting to know better because of this.

I'm slowly becoming familiar with many regular posters. I like to think that if I was ever lost in a strange place, desperately needing help and I knew of a forum member who lived locally which I felt I could trust, I could rely on them to have my back. :)

I've actually had that happen to me. And will probably have that happen to me again. :)

Also, all of you are imaginary until proven otherwise. -_-

• Like 1

Funny.

I never came on this forum to make friends. I just wanted GNR information at the time. My interest in them is mostly gone, but the community I still like. I only started using the pm system like two years ago. There are people I pm with sometimes and there are two I have a lot of contact with. Both very different people, but both very meaningfull. Guess who one of them is? :lol:

Ofcourse there are the obvious things I don't agree on with SS, but he is more than that. Often people least likely can suprise you in a positive way and he is one of those. He is also a very nice thoughtful guy, I consider him my friend.

No.

Hi RQ! Nice hearing from you!

I never came on this forum to make friends. I just wanted GNR information at the time. My interest in them is mostly gone, but the community I still like. I only started using the pm system like two years ago. There are people I pm with sometimes and there are two I have a lot of contact with. Both very different people, but both very meaningfull. Guess who one of them is? :lol:

I thought we agreed on keeping our meaningful pm conversations on the down low?

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard
Ofcourse there are the obvious things I don't agree on with SS, but he is more than that.

AWWWWWWWWW, well isn't that cute? So beyond thinking certain races of the human species are less than human he had more to him? Well you'll excuse me if i don't give a flying fuck about the sentimental possibilities of someone that writes off entire cross-sections of the human race based on the colour of their skin, won't you?

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

Funny.

Ofcourse there are the obvious things I don't agree on with SS, but he is more than that. Often people least likely can suprise you in a positive way and he is one of those. He is also a very nice thoughtful guy, I consider him my friend.

The dynamics are interesting. What draws certain people together while others can have an intense dislike for them is sort of fascinating. I remember when people saw how close SS was to SLAA and many were a bit shocked as to how this sweet and pure girl could be friends with him. I've personally always liked SS as well, appreciated his opinions even if the rubbed others they wrong way, or maybe BECAUSE they rubbed people the wrong way, yet I can dislike someone else who may have similar qualities, so go figure.

Some of the people who I've gotten to know well here over the years have been the biggest Axl supporters, or people who I've disagreed with most often when it came to certain topic debates.

It's okay not to like everybody. I always take honesty over phoniness anytime. The whole love and peace mentality where we all need to get a long is not reality. There are people in our real world who we come in contact with and who we know we wouldn't want to form any sort of friendship with. It happens all the time. I don't see the difference here. I understand that rules have to be followed and we should (try to) keep it civil, but there's no need to pretend when it's simply not true.