2006 tour is the Best Axl has been and ever will be

I been watching youtube videos of the 2006 tour that where proshot and I have to say that Axl had the best tour of his life in 2006!!!

His vocals where very consistent during the whole tour and his physical shape was amazing.

The only time I can think of that he sounded that good was in late 87 and very early 88 he was only missing the rasp back then at the shows I went to.

Yes mickey mouse did happen but it wasn't bad and he had alot of power and he also had the rasp but did not over do it like in the UYI days and the 2010 tour.

Some will say vocally 2010 was better but I think he had way too much rasp, I love how he mixed the clean vocals with the rasp in 2006 it was a perfect fit.

Axl in 2010 was not near as fit as he was in 2006, he was all over the place in 06 not just on the ego ramps.

My only complaint with the 06 lineup was Robin he was very hit and miss live but that was common for him.

Take Download early on that concert looked like it was headed for disaster but they won the crowd over by mid show or so and it looked everyone there was having a blast.

RAR IMHO was one of the best shows of 06. Jungle was just so intense. Also the LA shows are very good.

Here is a video from that show which I think is one of the best live versions of Nightrain.

My favorite performance from 2006 (and particularly, Nighttrain) has got to be Download, but from 3:40 to 5:10 on that RAR performance, my God - 'Bumblefoot!!!'

Loved the image of the band in 2006

The braids and all the 'he's bald and that's a wig' jokes sucked too. But, this was really the pinnacle of NuGnr. The band sounded amazing and there was so much hope and anticipation for CD and Axl both looked and sang like a Rockstar.

But then Buckethead's from 2002... Boston etc. just are insane too.

But then Buckethead's from 2002... Boston etc. just are insane too.

Sure, but this looked and sounded like a real Rock band fronted by an Axl that looked and sounded like what everyone had every right to expect. I mean, the moment those first Hammerstein videos and pictures surfaced, it was such a euphoric moment. It wasn't a caricature. It was the real thing.

• Like 1