Axl-Layers Of Clothes

How does Axl not pass out on stage these days swathed in that heavy jacket, the hat, and shirt? In his prime, he looked like he'd fallen into a pool by the end of a concert. At his current weight and health, you'd think it would be twice as bad. Granted he doesn't run around as much as he did 20 years ago, but the show is still quite a workout.

No idea, I've wondered that myself, especially when he was playing in places where it was over 100 degrees out. He still seems to run around a good bit more than most rock stars, no idea how he does it. I've noticed his hair is usually soaked by the end of the show.

I always thought the jerseys from 2002 was a good idea. It was a good way to interact with the audience, by wearing shirts from local sports teams, and they were loose and allowed him plenty of freedom to run around.

He wore loose clothes in the early 90s all the way up to 2006, with the exception of 1993. No idea why he would stop and start wearing jackets that are too small....

maybe he does that to lose body fluids and look less bloated.

It is indeed a good way to lose weight.

I don't think his clothes are too small or too short. He's a small guy, always been.

Also not trut he wore loose clothes back in the 90's. My God, that was the time when he wore the white bikers and almost nothing else...

maybe he does that to lose body fluids and look less bloated.

It is indeed a good way to lose weight.

I don't think his clothes are too small or too short. He's a small guy, always been.

Also not trut he wore loose clothes back in the 90's. My God, that was the time when he wore the white bikers and almost nothing else...

You would think with how much he sweats he'd lose a few pounds, he's gotta lay off the taco bell :lol:

I think if Axl weren't comfortable or too hot, he wouldn't wear a shirt and a jacket.

Besides, if he was hydrated enough he would pass out eventually.

When Axl dances off the stage, I'm pretty sure there's oxygen and plenty of water for him to drink.

didn't Axl OD on heroin once?

I think I read that and that's why in the song Coma, Axl had the real doctors add those words during the song because it really happened to him.

Interesting story none the less.

I don't think Axl would be stupid enough to continue using drugs. At least I hope he wouldn't. I mean, how many rockers have died in their 50's because of cocaine and the damage it has done to their hearts?

didn't Axl OD on heroin once?

I think I read that and that's why in the song Coma, Axl had the real doctors add those words during the song because it really happened to him.

Interesting story none the less.

I don't think Axl would be stupid enough to continue using drugs. At least I hope he wouldn't. I mean, how many rockers have died in their 50's because of cocaine and the damage it has done to their hearts?

Pills. And he said he was trying to hurt himself. About 5:00 into the clip

Edited by stella

Maybe he genuinely feels aggrieved and embarrassed when people say he's obese and going to die on a toilet and as bloated as the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. He's a proud guy and has looked pretty damn healthy for 30 odd years, now he's not working out as much and yes I think it would benefit his cardio and vocals as we've seen before when he gets more in shape but he's not exactly fat or unhealthy, just not as focused as he once was, which isn't a crime at his age, its his choice and he can still sing damn well once he gets into gear, though it takes a while during a tour and also seems to correlate with how fit he is.

Edited by RandallFlagg