Do you think you may overreact at times?

Ace Nova

"The lady said she wasn't allowed to do that but if I got there shortly after, I could knock on the door and someone would come give me the package. "

That's your problem right there. It was not allowed, she shouldn't have told you to still come and collect it. She also didn't say she would be there to give it to you, but "someone". I personally wouldn't have bothered going after getting a response like that because of what ended up happening to you. My advice, don't get worked up and have a bit less faith in the human race (and postal workers).

That's exactly why I freaked out...it was a matter of principle. I was excited to finally get my cigars, so she raised my hopes....then crushed my dreams....ugh.

and KK's clock isn't 20 minutes slow

:lol:

No, it was spot on...I used my phone to check the time.... :shrugs:

"The lady said she wasn't allowed to do that but if I got there shortly after, I could knock on the door and someone would come give me the package. "[/size]

That's your problem right there. It was not allowed, she shouldn't have told you to still come and collect it. She also didn't say she would be there to give it to you, but "someone". I personally wouldn't have bothered going after getting a response like that because of what ended up happening to you. My advice, don't get worked up and have a bit less faith in the human race (and postal workers).

Hmmm....yeah well it's not 1954 anymore. The world has kinda changed since then to the best of my knowledge. I think in this day and age if you actually WANT to have a job you kinda have to go over and above the call of duty. If that means leaving at 6:03 instead of 6:00 I don't think that's too much sacrifice to make. I started work at 8:30 this morning. My normal finishing time on a Tuesday evening is 7pm. I was stuck in a fitting with a customer until 7:28pm. I didn't turn around to my customer at 7:01pm and say "I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to do this anymore" and then walk out and leave. I stayed until my responsibilities were fulfilled and I even waited 10 minutes for the sole remaining colleague to finish so that she didn't have to be on her own and leave on her own. We left together. Personally, I'd rather go to sleep tonight knowing that I did the right thing by my customers and by my colleagues.

No KK, I don't think you overreacted. Let me say it for you, she was a cunt.

Thanks....:)

...and that's what really got to me. When I was in the car business as a manager, I would literally wait for HOURS for my clients to get done. It was all about customer service...and this lady couldn't wait TWO minutes??.....sickening.

Did you get the cigars? Anyone who leaves work 4 minutes early is obviously a cunt.

Yes, got them today, finally...and they're awesome!

Anyone here think she might have simply forgot about KK?

I doubt it....every lady in the office had the worst look of guilt when I walked in there today.

Honest question for the forum. First, I'll give you a little background as to why I'm asking.

As some of you may know, I enjoy fine cigars. I recently ordered a fairly large quantity of them from an online store. I had them delivered today but I was at work. UPS just drops them off at my apartment's office when they can't deliver to my residence. The office emailed me, telling me that they had a package waiting for me there. Typically, I'm done work by 3 pm but it's summer season so it's insanely busy. I ended up working until about 5:45. We actually had a company "team" event...we were supposed to go bowling from 5 - 7....so most of the other reps were able to get there by 5ish....I was already running late, since I was held up at work.

I called the office and asked them to leave the package outside because I knew their office closed at 6 pm. The lady said she wasn't allowed to do that but if I got there shortly after, I could knock on the door and someone would come give me the package.

So I said, "Great, I should be there by 6:05!" (I live less than 10 minutes from my job). I figured I would get the package really quick then head out to the last part of my company's event.

I rushed to get to the office so the lady wouldn't have to wait for me that long. I pull into the front of the office at 6:01 PM.....and I noticed a white SUV quickly pulling out, tearing out of the parking lot....and thought to myself, "No, she just didn't do what I think she did".

I walk up to the office, knock on the door. No answer. Knock 3 or 4 more times. No answer. Yep, that was her that pulled out, obviously trying to avoid me so that she wouldn't have to wait until 6:05 pm.

So my first reaction after getting back into my car was "What a bitch"....and then I thought to myself...no, I'm being too nice...so I shouted, "What a C-Word!"....I went out of my way to try to get there so that she wouldn't have to wait and she intentionally leaves work on time to avoid me. Like WTF. Not only that, I ended up getting detoured to my company event, by the time I got there, it was over.

So did I overreact or was I justified in thinking this lady was a total bitch?

And do you think you may overreact at times?

Thanks for listening to my rant, btw. :P

That's a bizarre story man, why would she VOLUNTEER to wait a few minutes if she had no intention of doing so? Unless she assumed a coworker would still be there, only to find out later it was a bad assumption.

Whether or not somebody is perceived to have overreacted is entirely dependent on the importance of the situation to each person involved. It's like if somebody hits a car in the parking lot and takes off. If it's your car that got hit, anyone who sees you explode with anger is probably gonna think you're overreacting. But if it was their car instead of yours, they'd explode too.

Exactly my point. Why not be honest and say, No sir, we are a bunch of lazy hags and we will be out of the office by 6 PM sharp...so don't even try knocking on the door.

I seriously would have appreciated that much more than being deceived.....and made a fool of.

Exactly my point. Why not be honest and say, No sir, we are a bunch of lazy hags and we will be out of the office by 6 PM sharp...so don't even try knocking on the door.

I seriously would have appreciated that much more than being deceived.....and made a fool of.

You really think she intended to deceive you?

No...and that's half the problem... realizing there's people in this world that are completely oblivious (or could care less) to/about the world around them.

Ignorance is bliss.

Edited by Kasanova King

Has anyone directly said to a female face to face..You're a C word? There's just something about that word..

One or two of my ex's may have heard it......and from what I remember, it never ended well. :no:

I haven't used that word in close to a decade....that's why I was shocked when I thought it...and eventually, came out of my mouth.... :lol:

Has anyone directly said to a female face to face..You're a C word? There's just something about that word..

Yes, it really doesn't have the shock value in some countries as it does in the US. And it depends greatly on how it's used. Used in a jovial manner it's totally fine. Most people don't blink an eye.

I don't really understand the overreaction to the word 'cunt' that the Americans have. Some of you guys won't even spell it out when you're not aiming it at anyone in particular. How come?

Used in a jovial manner it's totally fine.

as opposed to when used in a solid mature manner? :lol:

"Joseph was a good man. We spent many days making pasdionate love in his canoe, but then he drowned and now I shall live out the rest of my days with nary a man knowing me in the biblical sense. Curse you wretched water of pleasure and death you wet cuntflapping murderer!"

"Joseph was a good man. We spent many days making pasdionate love in his canoe, but then he drowned and now I shall live out the rest of my days with nary a man knowing me in the biblical sense. Curse you wretched water of pleasure and death you wet cuntflapping murderer!"

now that was very educational, thank you :lol:

if i were water i would be crushed

I said JOVIAL, not juvenile. :lol:

jo·vi·al (jv-l)

adj.

Marked by hearty conviviality and good cheer: a jovial host.

[French, probably from Italian giovale, from Old Italian, of Jupiter (regarded as the source of happiness), from Late Latin Iovilis, from Latin Iuppiter, Iov-, Jupiter; see dyeu- in Indo-European roots.]

jovi·ali·ty (-l-t) n.

jovi·al·ly adv.

• Like 1

Yes, it really doesn't have the shock value in some countries as it does in the US. And it depends greatly on how it's used. Used in a jovial manner it's totally fine. Most people don't blink an eye.

I don't really understand the overreaction to the word 'cunt' that the Americans have. Some of you guys won't even spell it out when you're not aiming it at anyone in particular. How come?

That's another thing...it seems as if it it used jokingly much more in the U.K. and Australia, than the U.S.

If you were to use that word, (even jokingly) here, you would turn some heads....probably more so than even an F bomb.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

I said JOVIAL, not juvenile. :lol:

jo·vi·al (jv-l)

adj.

Marked by hearty conviviality and good cheer: a jovial host.

[French, probably from Italian giovale, from Old Italian, of Jupiter (regarded as the source of happiness), from Late Latin Iovilis, from Latin Iuppiter, Iov-, Jupiter; see dyeu- in Indo-European roots.]

jovi·ali·ty (-l-t) n.

jovi·al·ly adv.

my bad. me no speak Australiano :lol:

Edited by netcat

That's another thing...it seems as if it it used jokingly much more in the U.K. and Australia, than the U.S.

If you were to use that word, (even jokingly) here, you would turn some heads....probably more so than even an F bomb.

In the UK it's almost a term of endearment. Look at the way Dazey and Len use it to each other and it's classic working class humour used to deprecate the other person but with a great sense of camaraderie attached. British humour is so intricate in that manner. Here in Australia the equivalent would be 'bastard'......"you silly bastard" is a very common term when laughing at something someone did or said and with a friendly, term of endearment intention. We use the word 'cunt' as well but in common terms its mostly used as an extreme case of an asshole. 'He was SUCH an asshole, that he became a cunt' pretty much sums it up.

The word 'fuck' is just normal language here now. I hear it frequently at work, although I would NEVER use it when I'm dealing with a customer, although customers often use it with me if they are in an 'elevated, happy mood'. I've never heard it used if a customer is unhappy about something. Then it's quite aggressive, but when the spirit is jovial it appears pretty frequently. It's really just a word for emphasis when used in a jovial way and Australians love that.

Why are you asking me? I like how your view of England is probably moulded by Len and Dazeys foul language. Have you ever been to England?

Why are you asking me? I like how your view of England is probably moulded by Len and Dazeys foul language. Have you ever been to England?

Um......yes, on four occasions. 3 of my best friends are British and my best friends husband is British. Your point being? :shrugs:

I didn't see much point using Jason, Cat, Patrick, Rebecca and Gail as examples since you don't know who Jason, Cat, Patrick, Rebecca and Gail are. :lol: Kinda figured Dazey and Len would have a bit more relevance around here. But whatever......