Have you ever been fired? Do you think you deserved it?

arnold layne

I had a 3 or 4 hour commute and was fired for always being late.

Why didn't you set off earlier to make sure you were on time?

Fuck that.

I mean call me daft if you like but surely if you know what time you start and you know how long it takes to get to work you simply set off early enough to make it on time. :shrugs:

I had a 3 or 4 hour commute and was fired for always being late.

Why didn't you set off earlier to make sure you were on time?

Fuck that.

I mean call me daft if you like but surely if you know what time you start and you know how long it takes to get to work you simply set off early enough to make it on time. :shrugs:

Well maybe he was tired from being up all night snorting coke off a stripper's bumhole? Ever thought about that? No.

Got dismissed for ill health. I think that it was harsh seeing as I missed a year when I was having chemo, came back part time and then had to go off sick again as I wasn't well enough.

My boss was really upset when I was leaving, out of her hands though - HR set the rules.

I got told to quit by my last job. I'd had numerous issues with the company in the past, cutting my hours without telling me, management bullying other staff to make them leave, staff discounts not being applied by head office, unreasonable targets.

Not a good company to work for.

Eventually I gave up trying and then I got asked to leave or be sacked for making a minor mistake so I went fuck it and left. Got a better job now anyway.

Once when I lived at Crown Point and worked in High Barnet.

I phoned Transport For London for the best/quickest route for a commute and the guy asked me if I was pulling his leg/taking the piss.

I had a 3 or 4 hour commute and was fired for always being late, and it was a commission incentivised basic pay job - I would be paid to cold call people with a head set, a script and a computer that just rang people at random, and pulled up their name and address and try and successfully sell them a kitchen - that didn't happen.

.. The successfully part.

Sounds like the job sucked anyway plus a 3-4 hour commute ridiculous

Once when I lived at Crown Point and worked in High Barnet.

I phoned Transport For London for the best/quickest route for a commute and the guy asked me if I was pulling his leg/taking the piss.

I had a 3 or 4 hour commute and was fired for always being late, and it was a commission incentivised basic pay job - I would be paid to cold call people with a head set, a script and a computer that just rang people at random, and pulled up their name and address and try and successfully sell them a kitchen - that didn't happen.

.. The successfully part.

Sounds like the job sucked anyway plus a 3-4 hour commute ridiculous

3-4 hour commute? What a fucking moron.

• Like 1

I started work at 06.20 this morning. Its now 20:18 and i have another hour to go. They want me in at 06.20 tomorrow. Im not sure this is legal...

I think i might quit verrry soon.

Where the hell do you even work?

I work for G4S and its the type of job that you finish when the job is done. I raked up 64 hours last week. Load of shit. Its not as if I enjoy it either. I have 2 weeks off next month I think I'll quit after that but I agree with getting another job first.

They even made me work a weeks leave, they forgot to tell me. They paid me extra for it, but I haven't had any time off since mid Feb when I started.

Edited by Axl_morris

You are more likely to get hired quicker if you already have a job. I hate it when employers think their employees are hungry for money and hours. People do need time off when they can get it. Like when I asked for a holiday off, they put me on and go "Don't you want the overtime?" Fuck, I can get overtime when I want it, I just want to spend time with my family.

Most of the time it is inexperienced people with no families that take advantage of their jobs. As long they think their employees are too dumb to call H.R. they will treat their people like slaves.

I was fired once. Considering that I no-showed the previous 3 weeks, it was well deserved, although I did walk in after 15 days of no-showing as if nothing was askew and tried to play it off as if it was just a normal day.

Didn't quite work

• Like 1