GnR's Final Bang - Reunion or New Music

AppetiteForGnR

Too late. GNR's already dead.

I hadn't watched a live show since the mid 2000's before watching the infamous Vegas show on TV a while back. The first thing I thought? GNR is dead.

How sad it was watching what once was the biggest, most dangerous band in the world reduced to a bloated cover band, playing the Vegas circuit like so many washed up acts before them. When I was young back in 1993, if someone had told me THIS is how it ends up? I would have laughed my ass off. But here we are.

So fucking disappointing.

• Like 1

I'm not disillusioned because Axl, Slash, Duff, and Izzy (in Izzy's case, 10 years of trying to make it in LA) had a good run for a decade and it unraveled. The songs will always be.

Looking forward to the possibility of new music at some point.

If a change of heart happens and they decide to reunite, it's good for them and the fans if they actually did it. No one who's ever done a reunion has regretted it.

Axl and Slash need to go out to dinner and hug it out...

Then kick the worlds ass with a reunion. They all need to give 100% including Axl.. Work out, get into shape. I bet that would do wonders for Axl's voice.. Instead of singing with the "Micky Mouse" voice, just sing in his lower tone most of the time and let it wail when he can..

Duff and Izzy could sing a couple songs to give Axl a break and they could do th 15 minute version of Rocket Queen like Slash has been doing s well.

I hadn't watched a live show since the mid 2000's before watching the infamous Vegas show on TV a while back. The first thing I thought? GNR is dead.

How sad it was watching what once was the biggest, most dangerous band in the world reduced to a bloated cover band, playing the Vegas circuit like so many washed up acts before them. When I was young back in 1993, if someone had told me THIS is how it ends up? I would have laughed my ass off. But here we are.

So fucking disappointing.

agree.

Best to worst scenarios,

1/ Old band reunite. They record a masterpiece with Stradlin writing the lion's share, then tour in support - and life is perfect ever after.

2/ Axl releases the Chinese left overs with Robin and Buckethead and calls it a day - perhaps after one more 'world' tour.

3/ Old band reunite. They do a big Greatest Hits stadium tour before quiting.

4/ Axl writes a cock rock album with Ashba which New GN'R then plug on the road.

5/ Axl quits. End of GN'R, of any formation.

6/ New gnr continue with the current scenario, of endless cash grab concerts in Brazil and Vegas.

People want a concrete decision from Axl, and real updates or else... or else. Or else what? you'll consider this band dead in the water? you'll leave the forum? stop being a fan?

A reunion or new material NOW! or this band is dead. It's not that black and white. Just because Axl has not released more music, doesn't mean he won't. Just because you want to label the situation so you can have closure, or some form of fake satisfaction from burying the idea of this band doesn't mean this band is over.

Axl is still making money from live shows when he tours. Gn'R is profitable, he's interested in releasing the unreleased Chinese material, or at least some of it. It's not hopeless, if you see it for what it is: it's as limited as Axl allowed it to be, and it can improve whenever Axl feels like he wants to move forward.

It will never again reach the height of what old Guns accomplished, but we can still get more. And when I say "we" I mean new Guns fans. I think non new Guns fans had plenty of time to get used to the situation. The hall of fame thing should have put to rest any wild ideas about a reunion. Even Slash mentioned how that was the last chance or something like that.

The current incarnation is not dead. Gn'R fans have seen shitty, shitty years. Silent, long years of nothing. Some people have a short memory.

Edited by Rovim

Every now and then, Axl trots out the bloated re-animated corpse for some easy money from South America.....

But the final nail in the coffin of the sllooooooooow death that started back at the VMAs in 2002 was when Axl no-showed at the HOF. There's simply no excuse for that and no wy to ever make up for it.

He can barely sing. Listen to AFDemocracy....it's PAINFUL.

Everyone that's ever had any desire to see Axl live has seen him by now. I sure as shit am not spending any more money to see him barely wheeze out the Greatest Hits while taking extensive breaks so his session musicians can "jam" and do solos.

New music? There is no new music. There never will be any more music. Even if Axl actually WANTED to record something (ha!) he can't.....he can't even sing anymore.

GNR has been dead a long time. At some point, Axl will play his last show, either in Brazil or Vegas, and that'll be it. No fanfare. No announcement. Just quietly fade back into obscurity and then die.

Who knows? Maybe he's already played his last show. Not like he NEEDS the money. He can just sit back and eat, bang models, and do drugs til he croaks. Not a bad way to go out actually.

Beautiful. Very good post.

So much hate ... oh God!

Another topic about this??? :blink:

I hear this complaint, but there's just absolutely nothing else to talk about. <_<

Does it mean that I can start a couple of silly threads too?

Every now and then, Axl trots out the bloated re-animated corpse for some easy money from South America.....

But the final nail in the coffin of the sllooooooooow death that started back at the VMAs in 2002 was when Axl no-showed at the HOF. There's simply no excuse for that and no wy to ever make up for it.

Everyone that's ever had any desire to see Axl live has seen him by now. I sure as shit am not spending any more money to see him barely wheeze out the Greatest Hits while taking extensive breaks so his session musicians can "jam" and do solos.

New music? There is no new music. There never will be any more music. Even if Axl actually WANTED to record something (ha!) he can't.....he can't even sing anymore.

GNR has been dead a long time. At some point, Axl will play his last show, either in Brazil or Vegas, and that'll be it. No fanfare. No announcement. Just quietly fade back into obscurity and then die.

Who knows? Maybe he's already played his last show. Not like he NEEDS the money. He can just sit back and eat, bang models, and do drugs til he croaks. Not a bad way to go out actually.

So much hate ... oh God!

So much realism.

So much hate ... oh God!

So much realism.

Orly?

GNR's already dead.

Orly?

Where's the realism?

Pure hate ... :)

So much hate ... oh God!

Hate? What hate? You're too sensitive, lady. :lol:

• Like 1

Just ignore it then. Look, Axl is about to release a trilogy.

Guess he missed the one coming in 2012 then

Shhhh. Remember, Axl called us all idiots for calling him Uncle Axl and believing that the London 2002 speech about albums two and three meant that we'd definitely have a second record by 2014!

• Like 1