Pick a current guitarist for Axl to make a record with?

None.

Most guitarists want to record new music and move forward. Axl is not interested in making a record and/or move forward. I don't think any guitarist deserves that.

Don't take it so literally (just a suggestion) I think the question was hypothetical.

Hmmm

Guy from the scorpions,cc deville,kenny wayne shep. Dead stevie ray

Zombie SRV will probably pounce on Dj first, after hearing him play a couple of notes.

Mastadon has game. Yet wonder if theyd have chem. also brian may please

I would love an Axl/May studio only collaboration. This time, with actually using Brian's work and releasing it as an Axl solo album. Make it a small project that won't get in the way of new Guns never gun happen.

If not Slash, of the seemingly available guitarists, I'd say Morello. Still think Axl and the Rage boys could make an extremely interesting collaboration assuming Axl's done with the Seymour ballads and other woe-is-me tales. Call it Rose Rage or Axlslave.

Morello's bombastic riffs, that rhythm section and Axl's wails could be mighty tasty if Axl can still get his vocals together...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I think Axl and Tom Morello could do something great. If Ron left and Morello came in for the next album. That's whole nother post-CD universe. Morello has already done Audioslave I guess and has that Springsteen connection. It could be blazing though with Axl singing on something like Know Your Enemy.

It could be blazing though with Axl singing on something like Know Your Enemy.

Yes. IMO it would be so much more fresh and interesting if Axl started another band or even put out a solo album using different guitarist for different tracks--the reverse of Slash's solo record with the different singers.

Put Guns to rest until/if a reunion. He's wasting all this time with DJ Ashba, what a crime...

Yes. IMO it would be so much more fresh and interesting if Axl started another band or even put out a solo album using different guitarist for different tracks--the reverse of Slash's solo record with the different singers.

Put Guns to rest until/if a reunion. He's wasting all this time with DJ Ashba, what a crime...

Morello could replace Ron or they could do a stand alone record. although I prefer the variety Axl does with GNR. Having three guitarists and 5-6 writers. But Morello could bring a new take songs like Civil War, Heaven's Door and Chi Dem too. Scraped and Shackler's would get a new twist, not to mention the new songs they could do.

Morello could replace Ron or they could do a stand alone record. although I prefer the variety Axl does with GNR. Having three guitarists and 5-6 writers. But Morello could bring a new take songs like Civil War, Heaven's Door and Chi Dem too. Scraped and Shackler's would get a new twist, not to mention the new songs they could do.

Sure, why not? add him to the pile.

Edited by Rovim

Joe Satriani and Devin Townsend together on album with Axl would be my pick.

Devin does sing but he has an epic sound I think Axl could use on the next record. He can do any genre just about and I think he's a brilliant player and performer as well

as composer. He has several albums besides strapping young lad that really show his range-vocally as well. He'd be killer on backing but that's just my opinion.

Here's an example of the epic sound I'm trying to describe-just picture it sounding like GNR instead. There are better examples on youtube but there's so many LOL.

http://youtu.be/MqWJX1jS_c4

The other side

http://youtu.be/sjY_Sa0sylM

Edited by Sheri_Rose