Axl's stage presence

Wish it was 2010 again. He was awesome! Little bit more manly than back in the day(I think it was really cool actually), still had the moves, voice, CHARISMA. Where the fuck did the charisma disappear?!

He still had a lot of charisma in 2001 at the RIR show, but 2002 was not a good year.

In 2006, his stage presence wasn't as impressing as in 2001. It gets worse as time goes by.

As soon as Axl Rose hits the stage there's an energy that takes over the whole crowd.

He is a force to be reckoned with. Even when he's not singing Axl is just one of the best rock stars ever.

There are a handful of rock singers that present that and Axl is one of the all time best.

We know he needed oxygen when he was in his 20s and had six-pack abs, so there's something there other than physical fitness at work.

Age on its own isn't an excuse - but different people have different medical problems and issues to handle; there are plenty of fit 60 year olds and unhealthy 20 year olds. And that's not about weight, either; there are plenty of fat athletes out there (baseball, cricket, football, etc.) who are conditioned and hold their own.

If Axl has health issues, as rumored, there are a lot of things that might be totally out of his control with both weight and stamina - the medications he takes, the way the meds make him feel (fatigued), the condition he has. Respiratory issues generally get worse as you get older; not better.

The thing that's interesting about Axl is that when I see the recent (2012 onward) videos I cringe - but I saw the band in person in late 2011 and 2012, and I thought they were awesome. I thought Axl totally brought it and was very intense onstage. Perhaps it's one of those things that doesn't always carry over to the video. No, he's not who he was in 1992, and that's too bad, but I daresay that none of us are who we were 22 years ago.