2016 National Football League (NFL) Regular Season

Ace Nova

lol sorry. Jason Witten is awesome, he's a great player, a great motivator, a great husband and father, just a great person. idk if you know his story but he had an abusive father and basically his grandfather was his male role model and he did an excellent job. i think Jason is one of those players that even if you hate the Cowboys you still like him ( like Emmitt and Moose Johnson before him. )

if they meet in the SB this year i just hope it turns out like the last one that they played in :P

10 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Hayward was injured and awful his last year with GB. Easy decision. Hindsight is 20/20.

And he was great the 2 years he wasn't injured, plus he only signed for $5 mil per year. Our top corner had 4 concussions coming into this season and missed an entire month because of one last year.

Indeed, hindsight is 20/20 but Ted's mistakes are adding up and it's hurting the team at this point moving forward.

25 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Repeat that first sentence slowly. 

Ted also had two emerging CBs and a promising practice squadder. I mean I see the point but not beyond the pale.

More likely to blame Ted over offense. Especially when Mike wanted to dip in FA.

Davon House was average for his first 3 years and had one good year, parlayed that into $6+ mil per year. 

As nice as their rookie seasons were, Randall is a converted safety and Rollins was only a CB for one year before declaring. Gunter didn't even play last year. 

Ted is prime target #1 for our defensive struggles. He's hit far less on defense than he has on the offensive side of the ball. In fact, I'll change my earlier opinions of Mac, Capers - they're given no depth to work with and when the injuries ultimately hit we have a bunch of undrafted free agents to plug in. Either he needs to hit on more of his drafts or pick up undervalued free agents - aka the Patriot way of doing things. Ironic, too, because Ted has burned BB on most of the trades they've done between each other :lol:

Edited by Crazyman

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

Repeat that first sentence slowly. 

Ted also had two emerging CBs and a promising practice squadder. I mean I see the point but not beyond the pale.

More likely to blame Ted over offense. Especially when Mike wanted to dip in FA.

Read a good article about Hayward's rebound this season and how it was not a mistake at the time for Ted to let him go for some of the reasons you mention. CB was a strength coming into this season and Hayward was coming off several seasons where he was either hurt or underperforming. It also mentioned that due to his lack of speed Hayward is flourishing in San Diego's Zone defense which he might not have done in the Packers Defense.  The article mentioned he is smart and has great eyes for the ball but might not been a good match for the Defense we run.

As far as Ted ignoring the offense other than TE and a receiver who can stretch the field I am not sure how he missed?

1 hour ago, Crazyman said:

Davon House was average for his first 3 years and had one good year, parlayed that into $6+ mil per year. 

As nice as their rookie seasons were, Randall is a converted safety and Rollins was only a CB for one year before declaring. Gunter didn't even play last year. 

Ted is prime target #1 for our defensive struggles. He's hit far less on defense than he has on the offensive side of the ball. In fact, I'll change my earlier opinions of Mac, Capers - they're given no depth to work with and when the injuries ultimately hit we have a bunch of undrafted free agents to plug in. Either he needs to hit on more of his drafts or pick up undervalued free agents - aka the Patriot way of doing things. Ironic, too, because Ted has burned BB on most of the trades they've done between each other :lol:

You and Wags make good points in both of your posts but while I agree Ted has not been the greatest with his picks of defensive players we did have good CB depth going into this season so Hayward was an expensive luxury considering his injury history and performance. Part  of our issues with Defensive picks has been where we draft every year and this is exasperated by Ted's refusal to pay big money for FA playmakers.

I don't blame Ted for letting either House or Hayward leave as they were not worth the money at the time IMHO...

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, classicrawker said:

You and Wags make good points in both of your posts but while I agree Ted has not been the greatest with his picks of defensive players we did have good CB depth going into this season so Hayward was an expensive luxury considering his injury history and performance. Part  of our issues with Defensive picks has been where we draft every year and this is exasperated by Ted's refusal to pay big money for FA playmakers.

I don't blame Ted for letting either House or Hayward leave as they were not worth the money at the time IMHO...

Agreed on House (and Tramon if we're going there), disagree on Hayward.

Anyway we're gonna go full circle if we keep discussing this. Let's talk about (curb) stomping the Seahawks at home!

Edited by Crazyman

2 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

McCarthy publicly mentioned in the off-season how the Packers were going to make a splash in free agency or something to that effect.

So that was either public subterfuge for other teams or he legitimately wanted help.

The skill position roster has been lacking for years now. I've always liked Lacy but he's never been a fit for the Packers offense. He's a fat guy with a high center of gravity who runs like a scat back.

Starks is old, Nelson is old and returning from injury, Adams was returning from ankle sprain and had questions about his ability, and Cobb has shown he's at best a #3 slot WR. 

The cupboard has been threadbare and the offense is stale / hasn't adjusted. Despite scheme issues and all that, the blame ultimately goes to Ted. 

Lacy was a stud 2 years as was Cobb as was Nelson before he blew out his knee last year. The offense went backwards last year and you can't blame this all on Ted as the talent was there. He could not have predicted Lacy getting fat and lazy, Nelson blowing out his knee, Adam's losing his confidence, Rodgers subpar play etc. , etc.,..........I think it was a combination of injuries, Rodgers not playing well and both he and McCarthy not adjusting........

I'm still kinda pissed they didn't draft Paul Perkins when they had the chance. That dude is gonna be a steal, imo. Would've fit perfectly for what we need, too. 

Edit: Not meaning to keep shitting on TT, btw. But I remember being super pissed on draft day when we didn't get him.

Edited by Crazyman

^ only a "sprain" (which is still a tear), plus you have a cupcake schedule the rest of the way (provided NE gets the 1 seed before the last game). Still conceivable that you make the playoffs, imo. 

Edit: lol at Jeff Fisher. Oh, and Mac confirmed Monty is a running back now...officially. 

Edited by Crazyman
  • Like 1

jets oline snapped the ball early, giving cam wake and ndamukong suh a free release :lol: 

Petty is having a CT scan later today to check and see if he has a punctured lung, or some kind of lung injury.

Image result for cam wake petty hit gif

Edited by bran

On 12/18/2016 at 4:02 AM, bran said:

jets oline snapped the ball early, giving cam wake and ndamukong suh a free release :lol: 

Petty is having a CT scan later today to check and see if he has a punctured lung, or some kind of lung injury.

Image result for cam wake petty hit gif

A clean hit from Suh? Fake. Photoshop Perth. CGI. Liar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Packers fate are in their hands.....beat the Vikes and Lions and they win the division.......

speaking of the Vikings what the hell happened to them? that Bradford trade is going to come back to haunt them I think......

I thought that Bradford trade was bullshit, even when the Vikings were 6-0 and people were calling for him to be the MVP. There was no way he was going to be able to play well behind that offensive (in every sense) line for an entire season. I'm still shocked he's not injured.

Didn't expect that stinker against the Colts, however. Now we just have to avoid a stinker against them and hopefully we show up in the finale. I honestly think if our defense shows up we can beat them pretty easily.