George Formby

wasted

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Is this seriously happening on a Guns n Roses forum?!? :lol:. See this is why i love this place, wouldn't've expect anyone to've heard of him...well, Dies' I would have.

This place is in my village. Just a 2 minute walk from my house. :lol:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2013/10/29/george-formbys-former-home-flying-the-flag/

On 12 July 2016 at 2:23 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Make sure you don't mistake him for George Foreman. They are quite different people!

Both one trick ponies that did what they did very well :lol:.  Actually thats not true of either, Foreman made more off of grills than boxing and Formby had a very healthy film career domestically.

Edited by Len B'stard

I went to Tramways WWI reconstruction and there was this Formby impersonator doing live shows all day. I stood out in my lime green adidas tracksuit. But they had vintage cars and everyone was dressed as soldiers. There was this old train track. Well boring so I found the beer and stayed with George. Picked up a few cds. 

On 13/07/2016 at 9:28 PM, wasted said:

I went to Tramways WWI reconstruction and there was this Formby impersonator doing live shows all day. I stood out in my lime green adidas tracksuit. But they had vintage cars and everyone was dressed as soldiers. There was this old train track. Well boring so I found the beer and stayed with George. Picked up a few cds. 

Better than Chinese Democracy?

On 7/12/2016 at 11:30 AM, Len B'stard said:

Is this seriously happening on a Guns n Roses forum?!? :lol:. See this is why i love this place, wouldn't've expect anyone to've heard of him...well, Dies' I would have.

I've noticed this is a UK forum - j/k.

Shout out to MyGNR members in Norway, Sweden 'is there actually anybody on here from Sweden? (I'm a lil' confused about that one)', France, USA, Australia, Canada, and Brazil (and all around the world)... Sorry if MyGNR's overly British.

I digress..

Again..

This was played more than Formby in my home in Upper Norwood where I was a baby at..

I remember my father doing George Formby impersonations for us lot like once in a blue moon and he and mother went on about him when some actor portrayed him and his wife Goodnight Sweetheart (which aired when my father knew how to write but wasn't within his writing circles of friends and stuff, to my knowledge).. but that Episode with George Formby and his wife got the dynamics right with their marriage, and the song about cleaning windows already mentioned and that he was from Blackpool (I think) is all that I know about him; other than he had that voice (and strong accent) and he used to play the banjo.

Edited by Snake-Pit

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Better than Chinese Democracy?

I see a lineage from Formby to Buckethead. 

Chinese Laundry Blues will feature the dueling synths of Pitman and Reese. Axl vocal Tom Waits on helium. 

• Like 1