Slash covers Elton Johns Rocket Man

22 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Well, I'm kind of sorry for you man, I really am if that's really the way you feel.

I mean... these are Axl Slash and Duff, playing on a stage together since the 90's.

And no offense, but most of what we've heard and seen of them so far were periscope and youtube videos. There's barely a pro shot recording out there.

And still they sound tight in most opinions, including mine.

But the most important part is... I can't remember of anyone who attended a concert in 2016 who said something different than they were great.

I mean it's your opinion but it surprises me.

the fact that millions of people are paying to watch this coins n notes tour is absolutely irrelevant

a million people are paying to watch taylor swift and one drection too -- that doesnt make them any good

===

i have spent the last three fucking decades listening to GNR

best band ever

i have listened to countless other bands but there is just no comparison

they are at least 18 million miles ahead of any other band that came before or after them

i mean

do you know any rock band that comes close to this?

are you kidding me?

===

i know they will never be young and strong again

i dont expect them to do another appetite -- it would be pathetic at 50 years old to even TRY to do that

but i am 100% sure that if the five of them were in a room TONIGHT, for a few hours, they would make some terrific music

i  am just fucking sure of it

i have been in band situations and i know how it goes when you have FOUR songwriters in the room

the music just pours out of the people

its that simple

i am still waiting for that to happen

AND EVERY NEW SHOW ADDED ON THIS STUPID COINS N NOTES TOUR IS JUST ONE MORE DAY WITHOUT GNR

On 10/13/2016 at 9:52 AM, ludurigan said:

1985-1991 - GNR

the rest of it?

i dont think its GNR

oh, and I am still hoping for my favorite band to get back together

even though at this point it doesnt seem likely that it will ever happen

===

how to differentiate?

I differentiate the post-GNR era like this

1992 - circus era (a.k.a. tracy and roberta era)

1993 - skin n bones era (it was actualy GNR for 5 gigs!)

1994-1996 - ???

1997-2015 - axl solo era 

2016 (1st half) - threeunion

2016 (2nd half, after the lootgate was exposed ) - coins n notes

the funniest thing about the present/threeunion/coins n notes era is that the 4 hired hands make the threeunion sound so fucking horrible that they are, somehow, making the 1992-93 lineup to become somehow respectable (by comparison)

of course that the 1992-93 lineup still sound bad when compared to GNR!

Lol, you wrote a post that long just because someone said "AFD5". It's a label, you're over-reacting.

Regardless of your belief in the matter, the label "Guns N' Roses" can mean a lot of things at this point. AFD5 is just a less ambiguous term.

10 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Lol, you wrote a post that long just because someone said "AFD5". It's a label, you're over-reacting.

Regardless of your belief in the matter, the label "Guns N' Roses" can mean a lot of things at this point. AFD5 is just a less ambiguous term.

regardless of your belief in the matter, whatever you like to call afd5 has a name and the name is guns n roses

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

regardless of your belief in the matter, whatever you like to call afd5 has a name and the name is guns n roses

The point is that you knew exactly which 5 members he was referring to when he said "AFD5". There's only one way it can be interpreted.

You can't say the same for "Guns N' Roses". There is a substantially different lineup touring under the same name. There's no impassioned argument that changes that, you're just jumping on a minor point to be obstinate for the sake of it. This isn't a discussion about the meaning of the name; we've all done it to death and it's old as shit. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

The point is that you knew exactly which 5 members he was referring to when he said "AFD5". There's only one way it can be interpreted.

You can't say the same for "Guns N' Roses". There is a substantially different lineup touring under the same name. There's no impassioned argument that changes that, you're just jumping on a minor point to be obstinate for the sake of it. This isn't a discussion about the meaning of the name; we've all done it to death and it's old as shit. 

Thats the way YOU think. YOU think that the name "Guns n Roses" can be interpreted many ways. Axl Rose agrees with you! 

27 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Thats the way YOU think. YOU think that the name "Guns n Roses" can be interpreted many ways. Axl Rose agrees with you! 

It's not a question of what I think; it's a simple fact that people interpret it many ways. You may think that this shouldn't be the case, but it doesn't change that there are people who disagree.

The fact this forum exists at all is a testament to that.

3 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It's not a question of what I think; it's a simple fact that people interpret it many ways. You may think that this shouldn't be the case, but it doesn't change that it does.

The fact this forum exists at all is a testament to that.

I am sure a lot of people agree with you and Axl (you can add Slash, Duff and the 4 hired hands on that list).

Millions of people think this is a Guns n roses reunion tour.

Millions of people think Chinese Democracy is a Guns n Roses album.

• Like 1