Amsterdam

Dazey

15 minutes ago, Dazey said:

He's a basketball player. Bizarrely the only sport that's more boring than cricket. 

I know that now.

I actually find football to be the most boring sport. After watching the odd Olympic sports like Taekwondo and hockey I watched the final of the Olmpic footy, Brazil v Germany, and I had nearly forgotten how boring football is. The Americans actually provide the best satire on a typical football game, 1:33 onward,

The entire recent Euros consisted of that haha

Edited by DieselDaisy

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I love it when Americans talk about famous sports people and all the Brits are thinking to themselves 'who'. I remember reading an Ali book and it going on about some chap called Wilt Chamberlain as if I should know who he is.

You don't know who Wilt fucking Chamberlain is? Chamberlain is statistically the most dominant player to ever play the game and has set records that will never be broken, much like the Don. Even if you don't like basketball you should know who Chamberlain was because, like Ali, he transcended the sport via his achievements in it.

Just now, PappyTron said:

You don't know who Wilt fucking Chamberlain is? Chamberlain is statistically the most dominant player to ever play the game and has set records that will never be broken, much like the Don. Even if you don't like basketball you should know who Chamberlain was because, like Ali, he transcended the sport via his achievements in it.

Brits don't know this stuff. We don't know who Jackie Robinson is. We only know DiMaggio because of Monroe. Americans don't know who Botham, Messi and Will Carling is.

Basketball is boring. It looks like a sport which should be good (on paper) and you watch it and it is tedious beyond belief.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Brits don't know this stuff. We don't know who Jackie Robinson is. We only know DiMaggio because of Monroe. Americans don't know who Botham, Messi and Will Carling is.

Basketball is boring. It looks like a sport which should be good (on paper) and you watch it and it is tedious beyond belief.

Americans don't know a lot of stuff, so tell the truth. That being said, Chamberlain was a superstar and a great guy; he would have been world class in a number of sports and events, despite being 7'1". He was a true renaissance man as well; designed his own sports car from scratch, designed his own house, completed marathons, is in the Vollyball Hall of Fame, was asked to play professional American Football when he was in his 40s, he completed triathlons...the guy was amazing and that's not even touching what he did in his main sport.

Americans don't know a lot of stuff, so tell the truth. That being said, Chamberlain was a superstar and a great guy; he would have been world class in a number of sports and events, despite being 7'1". He was a true renaissance man as well; designed his own sports car from scratch, designed his own house, completed marathons, is in the Vollyball Hall of Fame, was asked to play professional American Football when he was in his 40s, he completed triathlons...the guy was amazing and that's not even touching what he did in his main sport.

The only basket ball player I know is Kareem Abdul Jabar because of Bruce Lee.

Srsly though, milk chocolate hagelslag will sell in the British market, but since it's not available in the British market, I maintain that it's well worth a try to all visitors to Amsterdam.

I am surprised no one has said anything about the Heineken Factory Tour yet.

Edited by Snake-Pit

4 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Srsly though, milk chocolate hagelslag will sell in the British market, but since it's not available in the British market, I maintain that it's well worth a try to all visitors to Amsterdam.

Get out of my thread you hideous wretch! <_<

8 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Why don't you start a business as an importer and distributor of Hagelsag?

Just now, Dazey said:

Get out of my thread you hideous wretch! <_<

Fuck you it's a forum thread, stop being an arse fat boy.

Why don't you start a business as an importer and distributor of Hagelsag?

Now that's a good idea, I could run for mayor!

'a colored mayor, that'll be the day'

You'd see Mr. Wilson, I will be mayor! I'd be the best darn mayor Hill Valley's ever had!

2 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Fuck you it's a forum thread, stop being an arse fat boy.

Now that's a good idea, I could run for mayor!

'a colored mayor, that'll be the day'

You'd see Mr. Wilson, I will be mayor! I'd be the best darn mayor Hill Valley's ever had!

Mayor might be off in the distant future, but the importing and distributing was a serious idea. It's really not that difficult to do and you are obviously passionate about the product.

Mayor might be off in the distant future, but the importing and distributing was a serious idea. It's really not that difficult to do and you are obviously passionate about the product.

Well specialty shops online charge like £4 - £6 a box (after p+p) and on the supermarket floor it rrp's at 1.20 euros (or) 1.80 euros (under 2 euros)... But without publicity; no one's going to know about it to want it.

I swear to God it's like Amsterdam's only taboo; Hagelslag.

Edited by Snake-Pit

5 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Well specialty exporters charge like £4 - £6 a box (after p+p) and on the supermarket it's 1.20 euros or 1.80 euros (under 2 euros)... But without publicity, no one's going to know about it to want it.

Well, there you go; you have a decent inbuilt mark-up. Head to the manufacturers in The Netherlands, strike a deal to purchase X amount, then get it imported and boom.

Well, there you go; you have a decent inbuilt mark-up. Head to the manufacturers in The Netherlands, strike a deal to purchase X amount, then get it imported and boom.

No one's going to pay £4 - £6 for a box of hagelslag.

I need more product to bring the price down which means moving more product which means big ad campaigns and contracts to be the middle man between DeRuijter (The brand name maker of it) and a shop like Co Op or Tesco or whatever.

In short "I'm not that guy."

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

No one's going to pay £4 - £6 for a box of hagelslag.

I need more product to bring the price down which means moving more product which mean TV ads and contracts to be the middle man between DeRuijter (The brand name maker of it) and a shop like Co Op or Tesco or whatever.

In short "I'm not that guy."

Loads of people will pay that price which is why speciality shops are charging it. You, being a simple lad with no overheads, can simply undercut them, dear boy.

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Will Carling??? :lol: You could havr though of a better example than old Bumface!

Loads of people will pay that price which is why speciality shops are charging it. You, being a simple lad with no overheads, can simply undercut them, dear boy.

It's just a breakfast sprinkle and I'm not Harrod's.

I figure after Unit and shipping I'm in at £4.00 a box to break even, then my markup has to be worth it to me.

I need to have it delivered on contract rather than buy and stock and stuff, I need to get it at trade price before I even think about shipping and taxing with an EU VAT what'you'ma'call'it.

Edited by Snake-Pit

12 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Well specialty shops online charge like £4 - £6 a box (after p+p) and on the supermarket floor it rrp's at 1.20 euros (or) 1.80 euros (under 2 euros)... But without publicity; no one's going to know about it to want it.

Put me down for 8 boxes.

• Like 1