Did Matt Sorum use triggers during live shows?

A drummer acquaintance of mine is the one who told me Matt used triggers. He seemed quite sure of it in a matter-of-fact sort of way. But I thought I'd ask for the hell of it, because it intrigues me.

Despite all the accusations of me being an Axl worshipper, I really care more about Steven's impact on the band's sound. Although I can't blame Matt for the shitty mixing on the UYIs.

Most drummers use triggers, especially the guys who use double kicks (Matt was quite fond of it back then). Metal drummers use more than rock drummers studio wise, in concert it really depends on the drummer - I think it's become more popular over the years with the new guys and some of the old guard have taken it on board too. A trigger is similar to a sample, when the drummers beater hits the skin a signal is sent to a unit and a bass drum sound will be made, their used to get a flat one volume level. I don't like them, much prefer a a natural drum kit with a few drum mics it doesn't have to be rocket science mixing for a band. Lars doesn't use them (I know he's not the most popular) and his snare and bass drum sound would knock you into the car park at a gig. Think Frank uses them from the sound of his kit.