How many people outside of this forum are anticipating a new nu-GNR album?

Three of my friends are new Guns fans and really like Chinese. I wouldn't say they anticipate a new album like me and many others in Gn'R forums, but they want more.

If it doesn't come out it probably won't bother them, but there are actually people outside of this forum that want a new record from this band.

Edited by Rovim

Nobody will be lining up at midnight in front of the music store.

But Axl Rose still is an iconic figure and anything he does will draw interest. Just a matter if Axl wants to work with his fan base or not, if he cares about his fans. If Axl decides to release music on a more regular basis, puts out a couple music videos, and does a few interviews and tv appearances - he could easily drum up a ton of interest for Guns n Roses.

I saw a lot of positive press and reaction for albums from other former super-groups. AC/DC. Van Halen. Black Sabbath. Their process from start to release of the album received a lot of positive press and acclaim from people. The only reason there is a negative stigmatism around GnR is because of Axl. That sucks, but in the end, it is all up to him.

Edited by Groghan

Do I expect a new album, yes. Do I think It's coming out this year, no. Do I think about it on a regular basis? no. When we get confirmed plans or pics of Bumble or Dj in the studio I'll get excited (even if DJ is in the studio) but for now, I'm just accepting that a new album of fresh GnR material is not the order of the day, week month or year for Axl and co, touring is, and lots of it. Tour as much as possible and use up any good will remaining among the fans.

I think Fernando can muster up the brain power to post another "informative message" like there are no plans for tours or new albums... only this time change that to, we are working on a new album, we have a small tour in the works playing SA and vegas and in the next few weeks we will have GnR live in vegas in select cinemas worldwide, followed by a DVD release.