Do you like the meta-GNR references in their social media?

Do you like the meta-GNR references in their social media?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't stand it - it's cringeworthy. Comes off as unprofessional, and usually fails to pull me into...whatever they're saying or promoting.

Then again, I'm having trouble thinking of a band Twitter account I do really like. Maiden makes more factual errors than Fox News (Like last week when they Tweeted that they haven't play Luxembourg since 1983...when in fact they've never played Luxembourg), The Stones literally take over my Twitter feed when there's pretty much anything going on, Anthrax make more bad puns (Though admittedly, they're better at drawing my attention than GN'R's Tweets), Alice Cooper doesn't talk about anything other than Nights With Alice Cooper.

I know it's the internet, nothing needs to be taken too seriously. But if you compare the quality of GNR's social media to other bands'.... Yes, it's cringeworthy. The total lack of news/professionalism and the references, specially. Not surprised all this band can do is tour here and there. It's clear it's ran by brazilians.

What do you have against Brazilians? :blink:

I know it's the internet, nothing needs to be taken too seriously. But if you compare the quality of GNR's social media to other bands'.... Yes, it's cringeworthy. The total lack of news/professionalism and the references, specially. Not surprised all this band can do is tour here and there. It's clear it's ran by brazilians.

What do you have against Brazilians? :blink:

I am one. I have to deal with their lame ass work every day. :)

GNR's tweets and status updates are rife with self-referencing terminology, which I find incredibly stupid and idiotic.

What do you think?

EDIT: For example, the latest GNR tweet is Some men (or in this case rags) you just can't reach. ah well, hasta la vista

This tweet references Civil War and also Terminator 2 (which had YCBM in it).

I find this to be stupid and childish.

Fernanado