Bumblefoot's Interview to Jornal do Commercio

10170893_659723707428923_348640715215151

1) The band played in the main brazilian cities in the past, and now you have the oportunity to play in other capitals. Recife is one of them. Have you ever heard about the city before?
Ron: Greetings! This will be my first time in Recife, and I'm looking forward to it! The best way to learn about a place is by *being there*, and hopefully I can return enough times to make it feel like home.
2) You are considered the most carismatic member of the band by the fans, always giving attention to everyone. Do you take some of your idols as role examples or is this just part of your personality?
Ron: This is who I am. I'm not a rockstar. I'm a person. And I treat people like people, and appreciate kindness. I've always been this way, it's how I choose to be. Integrity & being 'real' is important to me.

3) Whose idea was it to play Ayrton's Senna them in the concerts?

Ron: I was playing the National Anthem, and one of Axl's assistants recommended I play the theme - it's very special & I'm glad fans have enjoyed it.

4) About your workshops, what is your main goal? Is it to teach some of your techniques, to share experiences or just to have some fun?

Ron: A bit of everything - to have fun, to make music *together* singing along to audience requests, to play some of my music, explain some of what I do guitar-wise, tell stories, a lot of answering questions - I like to make it what the audience wants it to be.

5) You guys are going to perform in full concerts with Duff McKagan. How were the rehearsals with him before the tour? Is he a great guy as most of the people say?
Ron: I first met & jammed with Duff 5 years ago in NY, and have considered him a friend ever since. He's a fantastic person - intelligent, kind, his family is wonderful, and a blast to make music with.
6) You brought a singular touch to the band's sound with the fretless guitar. Are we going to see new alternatives and approaches in future songs and albums?

Ron: I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us. I don't know what might be different in the future songs, it all starts with the basic skeleton of the song, and the rest happens organically. Once I'm losing my mind in the studio, we'll see what comes out, haha.

Edited by ChrisMaciel

I'm very focused on my next Bumblefoot album, I've experienced a lot of pleasure and pain in the past few years, and my best songs are coming from it all. When I'm writing music or performing, emotions are always at the surface, good and bad, which I think can be hard on the people around me, including fans (especially if I'm anywhere near twitter, apologies for any occasional lashing out...!) But this is part of what it takes to give your all musically. It's not always rainbows and unicorns - it's as real as it gets. I hope people will be understanding of this, they're not going to get political bullshit with me, they get the better and the worse. If you want real music, it has to come from every part of you. I try my best not to drag people into my personal darkness, but sometimes you can't help it when it's the only place you're at. All we can do is keep trying to be stronger than the things that break us. I don't know what might be different in the future songs, it all starts with the basic skeleton of the song, and the rest happens organically. Once I'm losing my mind in the studio, we'll see what comes out, haha.

This reminds me of his last tweets (almost exactly the same wording) :lol:

'What did you say to Axl during Patience in Buenos Aries?'

I said ''No, I don't see a stormtrooper helmet anywhere''

I wonder what Axl said to DJ during Paradise City.

Take me down to Ashbaland City, where the hats are patched and the solos are shitty?

I don't know. He twined around DJ like the serpent and whispered something in his ear.

Bumblefoot is going on tour with Yngwie Malsteam (Can't spell his name) this summer in a Guitar tour.

Yngwie was on That Metal show and talked a little about it and he mentioned Bumblefoot being one of the guitar players, so I guess there won't be any GNR tours this summer.

The tour will be of the US and other places too.