We need a cricket thread here

DieselDaisy

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Whens the next England game?  You got me following this shit now :lol:

''This shit'' being the important term when discussing England haha. 

Friday. Headingley.

It is only a two-test series. For England there is a load of pointless one-dayers against the Aussies then the Indians arrive for a big series. Pakistan deserved a lot better than a mere two-tests: the four-test series in 2016 was excellent and ended 2-2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes. I'm not an expert on Pakistani politics but his primary thing is to tackle the endemic corruption.

He's doing a fuckin' good job of it too.  I'm always sceptical of people getting into politics who aren't like...y'know, born and bred politicians, people who are primarily like, y'know, something else.  There are examples of it through history of course but I always thought that like...you know, you should have a grounding in what you do.  Politics (or any field for that matter) isn't so easy that there aren't like...y'know, masters of it.  Someone like Trump for example, he's a hard-nosed businessman of inherited wealth, statesmanship, diplomacy, you don't learn these things off the back of a cornflakes packet.  I worry Imran might be a case of the same thing.  I mean he's a well educated fella and everything and I'm sure he'll be better than the wankers Pakistan has had prior but at the same time he has an air on that same sort of heavy-handed undiplomatic-ness that Trump has. 

It seems to me there has been a gradual degredation of the qualities of politicians as the years go by. 

38 minutes ago, wasted said:

When does Stokes get setenced for beating up those 2 guys?

We are discussing it here,

It is going on right now - he'll probably be in court now.

Trial will probably last into next week people are saying.

PS

Stokes Watch,

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/cricket/ben-stokes-trial-latest-live-13038593

Edited by DieselDaisy