GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wanted to share this with you guys. Axl has been getting some real positivity in music mags in the UK recently, none more so than in Kerrang who have virtually ignored him or written shit about him for the past decade. They flew out to the Chicago to review the show, looks like they were allowed in the pit too.... This is their review...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great review!

Tasmanian Devil? I like that!

No more Mickey, He's Tasmanian Devil now :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I must be the only one in this thread who don't like Baz :lol:

I tried to like him, he's funny in the Eddie Trunk interview with Axl and everything, but his voice really gets on my nerves. 

I gave him a shot when he opened for GNR, but my ears!!! 

Wasn't he on some celebrity thing with Ted Nugent that was just embarrassingly bad? I can vaguely remember him doing Nugents nut in! Which isn't a bad thing at all.

You mean his speaking voice?

I think sometimes he sounds bad live, just like Axl, haha... I mean, these guys are not young anymore so it is expected they're not gonna sound great all the time. But I really don't have a lot of live Baz material so when I'm listening to him it is basically recorded stuff.

Yes, he was in a lot of reality shows, most of them for VH1. There was one where he started a band called Savage Animal :rofl-lol:

Here's another show he used to host. This is very cool and special guest Slash!! :slash: I love it. Besides, this was around 2000 or 2002, not sure. The GNR feud was burning hot so it is weird to see Slash talking about the band while hanging with Baz around L.A.

This video has great moments for gifs @Andy14, like when Slash jumps on Baz to hug him. Looks like Slash wasn't yet a rock cold hearted guy (@Lumikki:P) and he would actually initiate contact like that. Baz is so tall people actually have to jump,on him :lol:

I guess that happens on minute 8.00. I can't check now because I'm on mobile and video is not working.

3 hours ago, oaka said:

well, from what you've seen so far 2016 Axl would be cool with that. I don't remember which member posted that she actually hugged him (and/or kissed him) when she met him at the hotel during the Axl/DC shows! and he was cool with it! so, you might have a good chance this year! :lol:

Haha, I think it actually depends on his mood and if he likes the girl :unsure:

But I wouldn't have the balls to do that. I'm too conscious of myself, too self-aware of my surroundings, I never want to look like a creep in those situations. 

It is strange though no new pics of fans have surfaced lately or stories about backstage. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Here you are. I'll do the rest later.

insta.gif

omg :rofl-lol:

thank you so much! You are the best of the best!

Ok, looking forward to enjoy the rest of your art :P

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes! Im waiting for his book too but I thought he said May? Was it delayed one more time?

Im sure there will be lots of Axl's stories and I wanted to read it because of that but I assume Axl will want to approve all of that first,right? :P

I think it could be part of the wait...I swear I heard him interviewed saying that he was waiting for a sign-off.

Yeah, it's both Bach's speaking voice and his live voice I can't take to, for some reason. For the three songs I stuck around for when he opened for GnR it was just screechy bad, he wasn't having a bad night, his vocals were pretty much like the record, I just don't like his voice at all. He gets on my nerves...

33 minutes ago, annablue said:

I think it could be part of the wait...I swear I heard him interviewed saying that he was waiting for a sign-off.

I think i heard or read that too because I was totally sure the book was due to be out in May :max:

22 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Yeah, it's both Bach's speaking voice and his live voice I can't take to, for some reason. For the three songs I stuck around for when he opened for GnR it was just screechy bad, he wasn't having a bad night, his vocals were pretty much like the record, I just don't like his voice at all. He gets on my nerves...

I don't mind the speaking voice and live voice sometimes is good and other times bad. His voice changed too just like Axl's.

His vocals on record are amazing, he doesn't use rasp like Axl. He's most of the time going up for falsetto, at least for the ballads and those kind of songs.

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I think i heard or read that too because I was totally sure the book was due to be out in May :max:

Hey but were used to waiting on things! Switching subjects...I was watching the making of Estranged earlier (as my boyfriend is teaching himself to play the song on keyboard - he's really goo and I wanted him to see/hear the story behind it) and at one point Axl talks about the November Rain video, how at the time he wanted to prevent it from being released and would just put it in storage never to be seen. Pretty much sums up that there is a vault with unseen/unheard material. I'm willing to bet my soul that we will be granted some of these lost treasures soon.

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I must be the only one in this thread who don't like Baz :lol:

I tried to like him, he's funny in the Eddie Trunk interview with Axl and everything, but his voice really gets on my nerves. 

I gave him a shot when he opened for GNR, but my ears!!! 

Wasn't he on some celebrity thing with Ted Nugent that was just embarrassingly bad? I can vaguely remember him doing Nugents nut in! Which isn't a bad thing at all.

You're not the only one exactly....

I mean, Baz was really hot in his youth *cough cough* and he can be interesting (especially in that Trunk interview they did together) but there's something really annoying and off about him. He's just too much ''in your face''. He might not be that way in real life, but based on what we see and hear of him, he's just too much to handle for me most of the times :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, annablue said:

Hey but were used to waiting on things! Switching subjects...I was watching the making of Estranged earlier (as my boyfriend is teaching himself to play the song on keyboard - he's really goo and I wanted him to see/hear the story behind it) and at one point Axl talks about the November Rain video, how at the time he wanted to prevent it from being released and would just put it in storage never to be seen. Pretty much sums up that there is a vault with unseen/unheard material. I'm willing to bet my soul that we will be granted some of these lost treasures soon.

I don't know about that. Not sure if Axl is too much into that "old stuff" but maybe Slash and Duff convince him.

I dont even know if I want to see those things again. I'd rather move on and have documentaries from this new era. The guys as they are now, in their 50s, which is the real thing and it would be nice to see if they're making a new album.

Nostalgia doesn't attract me too much. Maybe it is because I'm fighting those things in my own life, don't want to look into the past and get stuck in things that are never coming back. I like the present much more than anything.

58 minutes ago, nn18 said:

I mean, Baz was really hot in his youth *cough cough* and he can be interesting (especially in that Trunk interview they did together) but there's something really annoying and off about him. He's just too much ''in your face''. He might not be that way in real life, but based on what we see and hear of him, he's just too much to handle for me most of the times :lol:

He's hyperactive and likes to talk a lot. I don't see how he's much different than Axl. They are both into telling lots of jokes, telling stories of debauchery and such.

I prefer people who are "in your face" instead of the shady ones. I think I may be a "in your face" kind but I've had to mellow out a bit with the years.

1 hour ago, nn18 said:

It's kinda the same deal for me too, I thought he was fun on the Trunk interview but other times I just want him to shut the hell up, like in Vegas when he came out for My Michelle! Im kind of quiet and socially awkward myself, Im not too keen on "shouty" people, so maybe that's it :lol:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He's hyperactive and likes to talk a lot. I don't see how he's much different than Axl. They are both into telling lots of jokes, telling stories of debauchery and such.

I prefer people who are "in your face" instead of the shady ones. I think I may be a "in your face" kind but I've had to mellow out a bit with the years.

Well, that's the thing; I sometimes think I'm ''in your face'' and I don't like that about myself either. The other times I'm socially awkward as @MillionsOfSpiders said :lol: But definatelly, it's better that than being ''the shady one''.

And I don't think Axl is like that at all. Axl is very talkative, self explanatory, cracking jokes etc. when he's in the mood , but I've never found him cringeworthy the way I find Baz. But nevertheless, I must admit that Baz is kind of interesting even when he's annoying....if that makes any sence :D 

@Andy14 Amazing gifs! You're truely the GIF Queen! :wub:

On 19.7.2016 at 8:21 PM, Mandy123 said:

omg @Lumikki that Sluff post made my life. Especially that VR picture of them on the bed, lol. Definitely looks like their relapse days,  which makes me sad, but it's also sort of funny that the more messed up they get, the more cuddlier they get. All inhibitions go out the window!  

They better work on losing their inhibitions even without the aid of chemical substances. :P Axl already seems to be pretty good at that...

23 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

WTF? Someone kissed Matt Sorum? Haha, that I can live without seeing...ever! 

21 hours ago, oaka said:

@Lumikki thanks for posting the Sluff photoshoot - I remember it very well.

What I did not remember was Duff's kiss to Sorum...maybe I just wanted to eternally erase this moment from my mind... :awesomeface: Not gonna lie - I never liked Sorum, even during the UYI days. 

Hahaha, yeah I don't like Sorum either. Never did and never will. His personality is so off-putting, I just can't stand him.

21 hours ago, Frey said:

That's the second possible instance of Slash and Duff making out with each other I've seen in two days. This thread is truly something else :scared::lol:

I don't know what else they could possibly doing? Practicing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? :lol: Not bloody likely. Dafuq.

Also, even without the kissing, the entire damn photoshoot looks pretty damn homo-erotic. With both of them in the bed and Duff laid out like that. I wonder what they (and the photographer!) were smoking :rofl-lol:

I aim to please :lol: But yeah, that entire photo shoot is pretty homoerotic. The photographer seems to be German, maybe I should write her and ask her to shoot GnR again next time they come to Europe, if that's the kind of pictures she takes...

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

So who still hate His chaps.... :awesomeface:

Wonder if He showing it to Her cause She's veterinarian or He actually showing it to Everyone in GN'R :D

image.jpeg

I can imagine Axl showing pictures of his animals (or even just random cat memes) to anyone willing to look at them. Cute.

(Also I never hated his chaps. I'm a fan of the thongs and ass-less chaps. But only on girly glam Axl :P)

3 hours ago, nn18 said:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's kinda the same deal for me too, I thought he was fun on the Trunk interview but other times I just want him to shut the hell up, like in Vegas when he came out for My Michelle! Im kind of quiet and socially awkward myself, Im not too keen on "shouty" people, so maybe that's it :lol:

I'm not too fond of him either. I don't hate him or anything, but something about his personality rubs me the wrong way. I think I'd feel like strangling him if I had to spend more than an hour in his presence and I don't think he is anything like Axl either. That said, he can be pretty hilarious and often makes me laugh with the way he tells stories (the one about him listening to Axl whine :rofl-lol:). And when he was young, he was hands down one of the most beautiful men I've seen in my entire life. I also like a lot of Skid Row's songs from back then.

That's my favorite picture of Baz and Axl. It's 2006 Axl, I know, but he's just so tiny and cute next to Baz. And tiny cute little Axl is one my favorite kinds of Axl :wub:

16612979-16612981-large.jpg

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Did you hear about PeeWee Herman?!?!?!

:lol:

Baz is like 6 years younger than all guys in Guns N' Roses so in the 90's he was a total kid. I love those interactions with everybody in the band. He got caught in the middle when the feuds began. Poor him.

1 hour ago, nn18 said:

Well, that's the thing; I sometimes think I'm ''in your face'' and I don't like that about myself either. The other times I'm socially awkward as @MillionsOfSpiders said :lol: But definatelly, it's better that than being ''the shady one''.

And I don't think Axl is like that at all. Axl is very talkative, self explanatory, cracking jokes etc. when he's in the mood , but I've never found him cringeworthy the way I find Baz. But nevertheless, I must admit that Baz is kind of interesting even when he's annoying....if that makes any sence :D 

Yeah but we can't compare ourselves to him, much less in a entertainment environment. You have a stadium or arena full of people wanting to rock the hell out and what are you gonna be? a scared socially akward turtle? :confused:

I am socially akward too, pretty quiet kind of person, I'm not like Baz at all but I don't want everybody to be like me or else this world would be too damn boring, you know? If there werent people like Baz or comedians or "in your face" or extroverts, then everything would suck. Not that I want to be around those kind of people 24/7 but artists like Baz or Axl are there for entertainment, so I expect them to "cheer" me fucking up if I go to their shows. If they're gonna be ass-face then fuck off, because I portray ass-face all the time, so I don't need to pay $$$ to get that from someone else. I get it for free on my own :P

Axl has become a bit more like Baz in the late year, I guess... I'm not sure I like when he talks a lot on stage between songs. Like that unfunny story he told about the Liberty Bell and Beta. That wasn't better than any other shit Baz has said before. If I dig well I think I can find plenty of times of Axl being cringeworthy.

----

Anyway, here I share some cool Axl-Baz gifs.

Baz kisses the Princess' hand :P

axlbaz_kisshand.gif

I dont know what the hell is this :lol: Something like :bitchfight:but different...

axlbaz_whirlarms.gif

Axl being aware of his short height :lol:

axlbaz_taller.gif

Edited by killuridols

I love Axl's stories on stage. Everytime. :headbang:This reminds me of this video, one of my favourites ever. I like everything about it. Slash's shoes and shorts (and his reference to Angus Young - I'm sure grandpa Angus does not approve of this behaviour :max: :rofl-lol:), his expression at 3:50, Axl's story, him saying he didn't come here to do stand-up comedy and I can't forget his cute floral leggings :wub:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I love Axl's stories on stage. Everytime. :headbang:This reminds me of this video, one of my favourites ever. I like everything about it. Slash's shoes and shorts (and his reference to Angus Young - I'm sure grandpa Angus does not approve of this behaviour :max: :rofl-lol:), his expression at 3:50, Axl's story, him saying he didn't come here to do stand-up comedy and I can't forget his cute floral leggings :wub:

Is that when he talks about the guy who wanted to abuse him when he was 17?

Axl's rants from the 90s were that: rants. He doesn't rant anymore. He tells "funny" stories and that's it. Not everytime they are funny. But that's ok. Who cares anyway.

Can we stop all this bitch power struggle?

Got boring, really-