GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

5 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Why They put the couch N' table on stage?:question:

THat was the Skin N' Bones leg of the Illusions tour. They did have the couch onstage for the acoustic songs they did - four or five of them IIRC. They did that at the show I attended. :D 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Ok, I have one question for the GN'R experts here... i.e. @Blackstar or anyone who knows the answer, actually -_-

That song "The Reason" by The Hoobastank just came up on the radio and I couldn't help remembering that Axl thanked them on CD liner notes :facepalm: so I was wondering if any of you know why is he such a fan of these one hit wonders? :question:

Because that's the only song I know by them but somehow I remember Axl wanted this band to open for nuGN'R back in 2000 or 2001, not sure.

The lyrics to "The Reason" ring a bell to me on why he may like that song, but so much to the point of being a fan? really? What other cool songs do they have or am I missing an amazing band and I'm just being a jerk to them? :ph34r:

There wasn't any news about Axl and Hoobastank other than him wanting them on tour but they're not one hit wonders, they've got 10 albums out and they sold a lot, wiki tells me they sold more than 10 millions album worldwide and i'd catch them on rock radio stations from time to time, they aren't mindblowing to me but they have a very respectable carrier so i'm not surprised Axl could like them.

Edited by giuls

1 minute ago, giuls said:

There wasn't any news about Axl and Hoobastank other than him wanting them on tour but they're not one hit wonders, they've got 10 albums out and they sold a lot, wiki tells me they sold more than 10 millions album worldwide and i'd catch them on rock radios from time to time, they aren't mindblowing to me but they have a very respectable carrier so i'm not surprised Axl could like them.

I only know that one very popular song but I had no idea they were a big respectable band. Sound pretty poppish utterly commercial to me.... :shrugs:

Ok, I have one question for the GN'R experts here... i.e. @Blackstar or anyone who knows the answer, actually -_-

That song "The Reason" by The Hoobastank just came up on the radio and I couldn't help remembering that Axl thanked them on CD liner notes :facepalm: so I was wondering if any of you know why is he such a fan of these one hit wonders? :question:

Because that's the only song I know by them but somehow I remember Axl wanted this band to open for nuGN'R back in 2000 or 2001, not sure.

The lyrics to "The Reason" ring a bell to me on why he may like that song, but so much to the point of being a fan? really? What other cool songs do they have or am I missing an amazing band and I'm just being a jerk to them? :ph34r:

I... had no idea Axl was into Hoobastank. I never even noticed him thanking them in the CD liner notes (wtf?).

Tbh, I don't know what to think about it. I like that song (The Reason), but like you, I always thought they were just a one hit wonder as well. Never heard anything else by them and didn't know they released 10 albums lol.

I can see how Axl might relate to these lyrics though. Unpopular opinion: The chorus is about Beta/TB and the rest of the lyrics are about Erin, Slash, etc. :P

ffffffffffffffff uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu @Andy14 :lol: you know I'm trying to put this thread back on track for today and you're shitting all over it :bitchfight:

Back on track from what? I feel like I missed something :ph34r:

7 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

This taken on same place like this

image.jpeg

These pictures were taken at a British grocery store.

Better version:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/coups/izzaxl/izzystradlinb91c33b3.jpg~original

More and bigger pictures of Slash and family:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/MeeganEtc/slash-and-his-family-attend-the-opening-night-celebration-of-horror-picture-id607004732.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/MeeganEtc/slash-and-his-family-attend-the-opening-night-celebration-of-horror-picture-id607004988.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/MeeganEtc/slash-with-family-at-universal-studios-hollywood-on-september-16-2016-picture-id607232206.jpg~original

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/anoncurappu/Slash/MeeganEtc/slash-with-family-at-universal-studios-hollywood-on-september-16-2016-picture-id607232496.jpg~original

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

I... had no idea Axl was into Hoobastank. I never even noticed him thanking them in the CD liner notes (wtf?).

Tbh, I don't know what to think about it. I like that song (The Reason), but like you, I always thought they were just a one hit wonder as well. Never heard anything else by them and didn't know they released 10 albums lol.

I can see how Axl might relate to these lyrics though. Unpopular opinion: The chorus is about Beta/TB and the rest of the lyrics are about Erin, Slash, etc. :P

Yeah, go check your album booklet, they are there and I always gave a WTF to that.

Would love to know what is that Axl likes so much about them to the point of being a fan. According to MY wikipedia :P they released 5 albums (not 10), most of them in the early 2000's and last one in 2012. But they did sell 10 million albums.... well, I guess they came out still during a time when albums could be sold that easily. And they apparently are more of a post-grunge, nu metal band, in the same line as Linkin' Park (now that makes sense as to why Axl was into them).

Here are other popular songs (that I never listened to) with lyrics that remind me of the things that ended up in Chinese Democracy:

Crawling In The Dark

I will dedicate and sacrifice my every-thing
For just a seconds worth of how my story's ending
And I wish I could know if the directions that I take
And all the choices that I make won't end up all for nothing

Show me what it's for
Make me understand it
I've been crawling in the dark
Looking for the answer
Is there something more
Than what I've been handed?

Looking for the answer

Help me carry on
Assure me it's ok to
Use my heart and not my eyes
To navigate the darkness

Will the ending be
Ever coming suddenly?
Will I ever get to see
The ending to my story?

Show me what it's for
Make me understand it
Looking for the answer
Is there something more
Looking for the answer

So when and how will I know?

How much further do I have to go? (have to go)
And how much longer until I finally know? (finally know)

Cause I am looking and I just can't see what's in front of me
In front of me
Show me what it's for
Make me understand it
Looking for the answer
Is there something more
Looking for the answer

Running Away

I don't want you to give it all up
And leave your own life collecting dust
And I don't want you to feel sorry for me
You never gave us a chance to be

And I don't need you to be by my side
And tell me that everything's all right
I just wanted you to tell me the truth
You know I'd do that for you

So why are you running away?
Why are you running away?

I did enough to show you that I
Was willing to give and sacrifice
And I was the one who was lifting you up
When you thought your life had had enough
And when I get close you turn away,
There's nothing that I can do or say
So now I need you to tell me the truth
You know I'd do that for you

Is it me? Is it you?
Nothing that I can do
To make you change your mind

Is it me? Is it you?
Nothing that I can do
Is it a waste of time?

Is it me? Is it you?
Nothing that I can do
To make you change your mind

(what is it I have to say?)
(to make you admit you're afraid)

16 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

Back on track from what? I feel like I missed something :ph34r:

Will talk to you tomorrow when we are our bunker :ph34r:

---------

Pics of Slash and his large assembled family is really cool. I love how all the children are getting along :heart:

41 minutes ago, Lumikki said:
2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Most likely their inclusion in the "thank you" liner notes doesn't have anything to do with this particular song (it's not improbable, though). They may have had only one song that can be called a "hit", but as @giuls said, they have had a relatively notable career (4-5 albums) and they were hyped as a good new rock L.A. band (I don't know why, from the songs I've heard there isn't anything special about them -and I find them rather boring), so maybe Axl just liked them. Or maybe it's because they have referenced GnR as one of their influences and they have covered Civil War.

They had also toured with Velvet Revolver and it seems that they didn't get along with Scott Weiland (they even wrote a song about that):

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hoobastank-singer-slams-velvet-revolver/

so maybe this is why Axl appreciated them and @Andy14 is right, it was about Slash again :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Most likely their inclusion in the "thank you" liner notes doesn't have anything to do with this particular song (it's not improbable, though). They may have had only one song that can be called a "hit", but as @giuls said, they have had a relatively notable career (4-5 albums) and they were hyped as a good new rock L.A. band (I don't know why, from the songs I've heard there isn't anything special about them -and I find them rather boring), so maybe Axl just liked them. Or maybe it's because they have referenced GnR as one of their influences and they have covered Civil War.

They had also toured with Velvet Revolver and it seems that they didn't get along with Scott Weiland (they even wrote a song about that):

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hoobastank-singer-slams-velvet-revolver/

so maybe this is why Axl appreciated them and @Andy14 is right, it was about Slash again :lol:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yes, yes, clearly @Andy14 was right once again :lol:

Seriously though, Axl would probably like them on principle just for talking shit about VR/Scott. He's pity like that :P

Edited by Lumikki
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lumikki said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yes, yes, clearly @Andy14 was right once again :lol:

Seriously though, Axl would probably like them on principle just for talking shit about VR/Scott. He's pity like that :P

@Andy14 will have to face me and respond some questions tomorrow :max:

-----

According to Blabbermouth, Hoobastank were approached by "Axl's people" in 2002 to open for nuGN'R, and the Hoobastank talking shit about VR/Scott was in 2005.

He likes them because he likes shitty music too. Months ago I listened to something he said he was listening to, in the 80's, and it was utter shit so... :tongue2:

All those lyrics make sense to me, with the timing of things going on, from 1998 until 2006, Axl was not in his best state of mind. Cancelled tours, the new lineup not well received and other problems. He was depressed and lost in how to carry on with his life and band.

------

8 minutes ago, Lanna said:

By the way, Erin's Instagram account has suddenly disappeared. Instagram says '' The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed.'' :question:

oh I didn't check today :o

May be the biscuits harassing her again :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I still can see her Instagram, but she appears to have removed anything on it that was in anyway able to be associated with Axl. Even her Slash pics :wacko:

oh yeah I noticed that yesterday or the day before...

Maybe it is better for her or something bad is going on :shrugs:

Axl's Wikipedia profile has been heavily edited and his marital status was wiped out, along with a lot of other information there was there before :rolleyes:

Also, Amy Bailey was promoted to "sister", while Stewart remains a "half-brother" :ph34r:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl's Wikipedia profile has been heavily edited and his marital status was wiped out, along with a lot of other information there was there before :rolleyes:

Also, Amy Bailey was promoted to "sister", while Stewart remains a "half-brother" :ph34r:

Wow I wonder what's going on? 

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dunno, but I commented on the AXL/DC thread that Axl was looking a little worn last night, he looked to me as if something is niggling him. Probably me imagining things :shrugs:

Perhaps Erin removed those posts because I had a look not long ago and like you say, biscuits, biscuits everywhere! 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Axl Roses Future Wife said:

Wow I wonder what's going on? 

we are all witnessing this as it unfolds :scared:

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I dunno, but I commented on the AXL/DC thread that Axl was looking a little worn last night, he looked to me as if something is niggling him. Probably me imagining things :shrugs:

Perhaps Erin removed those posts because I had a look not long ago and like you say, biscuits, biscuits everywhere! 

Haven't seen any video from last night... Is there a particular one that you want to share? I'm so busy with my academic stuff :unsure:

Yes, the biscuits were telling her that she went to New York to see AC/DC, when she was clearly spending some time with her daughters :facepalm:

Also, TB were scattered all around the MSG. Fernando, his wife and friends had a seat in the upper bowl and Beta was somewhere close to the stage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

we are all witnessing this as it unfolds :scared:

Haven't seen any video from last night... Is there a particular one that you want to share? I'm so busy with my academic stuff :unsure:

Yes, the biscuits were telling her that she went to New York to see AC/DC, when she was clearly spending some time with her daughters :facepalm:

Also, TB were scattered all around the MSG. Fernando, his wife and friends had a seat in the upper bowl and Beta was somewhere close to the stage.

They've also imo been monitoring Instagram, for a few weeks. I touched on it when talking to Frey, that they're all over IG at the min cos there's something they don't want Axl to see. And I think he got sneaky and has been on it :lol: and that's freaked them out. 

I know that sounds bad lol but it's possible.

There was no in particular video, it's just an overall impression I got of him last night. Also, a couple of reviews i read on the AC/DC forum said Axl was very quiet for him at MSG and hardly any interaction with the other band members. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders